First Monday as the First of the Year

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

First Monday as the First of the Year

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:46 am

Here we are at a wonderful new First of many promising Nexts, Followings, Laters, Continueds and Therefores!

What will you signal to yourself today? What is your philosophy for this first today of the upcoming?

Did you know that your voice and opinion are significant to us? You give us the compliment of sharing your thoughts when you post, and so, first and foremost, we appreciate hearing from you.

CathyS

Re: First Monday as the First of the Year

Postby CathyS » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:59 am

Hi!

It snowed a bit here! YAY! Enough to see that it snowed, but not enough to make a snow sculpture.

Supper tonight will be a cottage roll, cabbage, carrots and potatoes!

I'm having a hot chocolate with a bit of coffee in it.

I was in bed just after 10 last night. At some point dh said happy new year and I said it back. Dd texted at 12 to wish me a happy new year.

I need to put up both new calendars.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:06 am

Welcoming in the New Year at 4 today! :shock: LOL!
Long qt trying to get my info. in the places I want it thought I'd done it but apparently not. LOL.
Ty f4 opening us up today Harriet.

I still have my new journal to do an entry in for today. X
I had to spent way to much time looking for the verse that goes with my WOY / Word of the Year.
Masterpiece Eph. 2:10 ... we are God's masterpiece... ESV
Then I found others that go on the vod page for the week so wrote them out as well. sigh.
Day 8 on the other one that is on the pdf in my pc so it is still to do. x
I still need to get out a prayer prompt from my Journal Jar. Got one out to work with for today it's a good one thinking on it now.
Joyful Jan. is my theme this mo.

I did make up dev. eggs for my bfast.
Used my new cup blue with a deer on it there are 4 in this set.
Okay getting back to it this could take all day and that is okay! LOL!
I did catch the birth on The Chosen last night
and Oh Holy NIte by Andrew Mchale ? very impressive made me weep buckets.

I have a game hen to put in the crock pot in a bit. x
Considering a nap! x
Meat is done.
Walked.

Thanks twins for what you wrote!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:00 pm

I have a load of laundry going. I usually try to have a "do nothing" day on January 1, but I've been doing almost nothing for the past week, so I need to catch up on a few things.

... later

Second load of laundry is in the washer. Carrots and onions are starting on the stove. Cabbage is next.

Later still ...

Cabbage is in the pot. Bed has been remade with clean sheets. Third load is in the washer. Just towels/facecloths/tea towels. Small load.

I've had a glass of pineapple juice. It's so sweet.
Last edited by CathyS on Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:46 pm

Good morning

DS15 made good decisions last night at the birthday & NYE party. I am thankful.

I woke up energized and ready to get started on my day. I do enjoy going outside and breathing fresh air almost immediately after I get out of bed. It seems to set my day in motion, and I just keep going with minimum effort.

Black-eyed peas and ham have finished cooking in the Instant Pot. I am waiting for them to cook down before I open and check them. Cornbread ingredients are ready to be assembled and will be cooked soon.

Yesterday I added 20 blue daily cards to my SHE card system. This is something that I have been considering for over a month. Each of the 20 cards is a room in the house. I want to do a quick focus on each room and make small continual daily improvements. My reminder to myself written on each of the 20 cards are
** Improve one thing
** Declutter?
** Inventory
Using these cards results in being more observant in each room. I like the feeling of experiencing a win that I receive from doing these quick cards.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:16 pm

Happy New Year!

I've cleaned up the kitchen for the millionth time in three days, since Friday when I started lasagne. The last 1/2 pan has gone to the freezer so we're done there, and practically no leftovers last night - a good thing!

V and A were over - came over a bit past 6:30 and we had snacks and drinks and lasagne, salad and fresh challah. We were all fading around nine perhaps and sat on the couch and then dh turned on the TV and we decided to watch "When Harry met Sally" (a news years movie in a way) and that took us to eleven when they went home. I read in bed for awhile and dh turned in. Ddog got small amount of meds again for fireworks and did very well, although it felt like we didn't hear as many as in prior years. Perhaps it was because she wasn't reacting so much. I had turned the light off by midnight and turned on some white noise for awhile. She had her head up listening but relaxed and went on to sleep too. That was a victory.

Quiet day, hopefully! I took chili out of the freezer for our supper.

LadyM, A and V came bearing Hoppin' John for me today. Looking forward to getting my black-eyed peas that way. Also, I can't believe you're adding more cards! You are a wonder!

Cathy, after being sick you can pace yourself today. Don't over do it, your body will thank you.

Nancy, up at four? You have great plans for the new year and you're sounding very together these days!

And thank you Harriet, for starting us with such cheery words for today. Glad you had a nice "cookout" yesterday with dfamily. We had sixty degrees and beautiful here, I hope your weather was same.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:23 pm

Happy New Year!
Stopping by for a quick hello.
Thanks to Harriet & Kathryn for sending me a new password.
I've looked at Christmas week PWYC and December J&C. It's lovely to see so many familiar names still participating in this forum.
I'm hoping that 2024 will bring many good days for everyone here.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:59 pm

Bookie! So good to see you! Thanks for dropping in, come back again!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:20 pm

Potatoes and meat have gone into the pot. There is a blanket in the dryer now. All cats are in the house. Dh is stretched out on the bed. I might join him.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:53 pm

I am so glad that I could get in! I missed you all and am so happy to wish you a wonderful 2024!!! may you all be blessed the entire year!

Book - so so happy to see you!!!

Happy New Years Book!
Happy New Years d Twins
happy New Years d Nancy
Happy New Years d harriet thank you for a lovely start
happy New Years d Lucy
Happy New Years d cathy
Happy New Years d Kathryn
happy New Years d dove
happy New Years d lady
Happy New Years d rose

I am thinking of d harmony, d dee's family, d helia, d Elizabeth,