First Monday as the First of the Year

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: First Monday as the First of the Year

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:09 pm

One year ago today, dh, went to the er for covid. Today dh and I are celebrating and feeling that he is here today! Yesterday we both were apprehensive but today we celebrating.

dd's went to a workout class together (they are both in Florida) - mom is doing great as she is back in her own home. She did forget that she celebrated New Years eve yesterday. They all got dressed up and went to a restaurant at 8pm and then welcomed New Years on my mom's beach outside her condo building.

put last of the christmas things together and see if I need any other boxes.

I gave dh 12 cards to add things he wants to do this year (spread over the year). He hasn't done it yet - he is not a planner but I know he loves the idea of doing things.
He is busy cutting down all the boxes from our end of month deliveries. He has a special way of doing it.
He went for a drive on his own - yay!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:29 pm

bw2, I was remembering that your dh's COVID worsened around this time last year. What a benchmark to have come so far after such a devastating illness. Kudos to your dh for not giving up, and for you for helping him along the way.

Remembering Harmony and Dee and Mr. Dee today too, with prayers for Harmony's recovery and health.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:42 pm

put away stuff from dryer and did a flip flop rodeo with laundry.
next:
empty dw
rinse dishes and put in dw from sink
put away dishes that dh washed and put on the counter.

what I want to do: read but will force my ADHD out of my way and work on the dishes.

the dogs took our nice clean floor and made it a paw printed mess.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:48 pm

thank you d twins. It really is a miracle for dh and I.

Gracie, one of our dogs, has been whining all day and she has been outside for most of the day. :roll:
dh is doing the dishes in the sink :D

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:17 pm

We ate supper a lot earlier than usual. It was cooked and dh wanted to "get into something" and asked if we could eat early. I hope it doesn't become a habit. I think 5 p.m. is early already, so anything earlier than that is getting a bit silly.

I've put the last load into the washing machine. Dh now has all clean bedding, including his blanket. My blanket smells okay to me, so it can wait until next weekend.

It is nice to see Booksaver posting. I miss Dee so much. I also miss Harmony, and I truly hope to see her posting again someday.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:46 pm

The neighbor did the trash can prep. so I did mine too.
Then spiffed up the carport & walked around the back yard.
Still need to walk a bit more.
Booksaver it was great to see your post!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:45 pm

Hello, BookSaver, so nice to see your post. You're an interesting friend - I wonder if that is because you are well-read. Hmmm... .. I've been thinking these days that being well-read is a pleasantly high road to travel. Wondering what you are up to these days. Happy New Year.

I've been updating recordkeeping for 2024. My circular habit tracker is ready to roll (smile - imagining the circle traveling along off the page like the gingerbread man, needing to be chased down, so I could check off exercise, perhaps). I think I will use the first page of each month in planner a little better this year. It has 3 areas of 31 little spaces each, which could be either filled in or used for very brief info. Not my favorite, but I would have it at my fingertips (valuable) and could get used to it. A simple arrow post-it could return me to that page quickly through the rest of each month. Previously, I would just forget it was back there.

My collards today were in a smoothie - nothing wrong with that. Adjoining lots of healthy stuff. But dutifully, I also "ate up" leftovers. Not the worst choices at all, but heavy, and I sort of regret not staying on the straight and narrow. This is what I do so often - struggle with the wholesome concept of frugality even though it is not best for me, myself, I. Those three folks need to remember that whenever we say "yes" to eating something we are necessarily saying "no" to something else.

I think this philosophy bent I'm on right now will be over after New Year's Day is over. lol sorry

What will I signal for myself today? Seriousness about recordkeeping does seem to be one thing. Recording good choices. At least holding in my hand physically the full year :shock: calendar/planner. Admitting to the existence of all the months. Recognizing there are Calendar Event Goals that will need wisdom and consistency up until then. Can't just wake up one morning and say, "Oh, here's the day for which I wanted to be prepared." Gotta live the Boy Scoot motto until then!

Return to “Post When You Can”