Well-Spent Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Well-Spent Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:45 am

What actions will you take today so you can feel the day was well-spent? Cross things off a list? Do anti-procrastination tasks? Get needed rest? Exercise?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Well-Spent Wednesday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:36 am

Not well spent yet.

I'll s2s now. I laid out the clothes for today last night so that part is easy.

I have been on my butt all morning and given my back isn't much better, this is a bad thing.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:40 am

Hi! Thanks for the start Twins' Mom!

I slept until 9:30!

Today is "W" jobs, like water the plants. I also need to wash some large pots and pans.

Dh's best buddy never showed up yesterday, so he's supposed to be coming today.

No idea what is for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:07 am

Good morning!

I will be crossing things off the list of “homework,” Twins. I still need to take DD out driving twice and DC once; I still have a bit of cleaning (okay, maybe more than a bit) to do in the kitchen, and there are still some Christmas boxes to be put away. I don’t know if I can get it all done by my appointment at 2.

The big excitement around here is that DH is getting a new car! We will sign the paperwork today. It’s going to be weird; when DH bought his current car, he got a stripped-down version. I can’t remember if it has a/c or not, but I know it has hand-cranked windows. The new car will be top-of-the-line. He really wants a Prius. To order one with just the features he wants would take until April… but the dealership has this fancy one available today. I’ll tell you, if I ran the dealership, I’d be ordering in those fancy Priuses, too. At any rate, it should be interesting to go from having neither bells nor whistles to having them all.

Kathryn, have you taken something for your back? (I’m a fine one for crabbing about pain and forgetting analgesics exist.) Remember that unless you’re bound and determined to take nothing, you’re better off taking something sooner rather than later — get out ahead of the pain, as they say.

Well, I’m off to clean up my breakfast and the remains of yesterday’s dinner. Then I will go on to the rest of the kitchen (wiping counters and cabinets and hitting the floor with a WetJet). Wish me luck! And may your days go smoothly!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:10 am

My goal for each day of 2024 is to go to bed feeling like I spent my time well. I was surprised to see the title today - it is my thought (words) for the day and the year. The things I want to do in the year can easily get lost because I don't plan my time or calendar for things that I love or want to do.

Well-spent for me includes:
outdoors every day is my first focus for a well spent day - remembering it doesn't have to be an hour but time in the am/pm

I forgot that Wednesday was also my anti procrastination day - how could I forget about that :D I knew there was something missing from my weekly list.
Today is bill day paperwork day

dh wants to work on the basement so I will help him this afternoon.

Hello d twins! thank you so much for starting us!
I always love your inspiration!

hi d Kathryn yay on laying out cloths the night before so that you could s2s when you got up!

hi d cathy you must have needed the sleep!
enjoy your day working on "W" projects! Wonderful!

how wonderful d Mystery!!! So excited for him!

hello dear everyone. Hoping you all have a calm, peace-filled and well-spent day.

I have some errands first thing this morning.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:26 am

I actually planned a bit yesterday afternoon - in my head, and through writing it out here. So I'm running errands (grocery, post office, Lowes for potting soil and bank for HOA deposit slips) and back home, then working on HOA QB and accounting. Top priority for HOA is writing three checks and then starting recording and reconciling to get to year-end. I think the goal is to get all the way through the three months if at all possible. And once I have deposit slips I can deposit checks later in the week.

Our supper is a pork loin with butternut squash and a TBA green veggie. (TBA = to be announced.)

I've walked ddog. Roomba is going. I'll head out in a few minutes.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:01 pm

The first 4 hours of today have been well spent. I have to break the day into hourly chunks and focus on just this one hour or I find myself letting time pass unaware, procrastinating and frustrating myself.

DD12 has been delivered to school, we have been to the gym and DS15 is doing homeschool assignments.

PODA for the rest of the day -
** 12:30 to DH doctor appt to get heart test results
** 3:30 to school picking up DD12
** 4:00 final cooking of chicken noodles soup to take
** 5:45 eat with church family
** 6:30 worship together

DH and I have forgotten to take our evening meds several times. Guess what that means? I added a daily SHE card to remind me to check the meds are taken before going to bed.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:05 pm

My yesterday was very well-spent, so I wonder if I can have that feeling twice in a row - let's try.

Exercise happened last evening before bed - 40 minutes ttapp. I'd already done a rather difficult one I know well, when I noticed one of the trainers just recorded a brand new one on YT a week or so ago. :D So, I "read" it (watched to learn) in spurts and am pleased. It will be a good alternate for mostly cardio.

I guess I'm back to doing exercise in the evening. I used to exercise in the evening all the time. If it's when I will do it, then it's the right time, isn't it?

Means a lot to me to get that checkmark, you know - a benign little incentive that has an outsized effect on my consistency. It's occurred to me to give myself a little sticker for exercise, too, lol. I seem to have an abundance of very small stickers with no place to go. We'll see.

Kathryn, Mystery's advice is wise. I hope you get past this current pain soon. Sounds like you averted a temptation for someone to take that package, for sure. Plus, avoided loss of some warm-hearted gifting for someone.

A new car - how cheerful for Mystery Man.

I have specific, purposeful leftovers to eat today so that they're used wisely - barley, peas, fixin's for a big salad. So, I may not cook. If I do, it will be preparing for tomorrow.

It's a day of "little loads" for laundry.

This evening we'll get back to GBBS holiday show, which we started last night. At first (and it will change, of course) It is a British tv-celebrity one, which is less fun for us because the entertainment is supposed to be in watching favorite people who have never baked. But we don't "know" the people, and there's not much in the way of success. The word, "inedible" isn't what we'd hoped. Looking forward to the more understandable baking.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:13 pm

Dh's best bud is here.

Three largest pots have been washed along with all the wooden spoons.

I still need to water the plants and figure out supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:19 pm

Yesterday while taking care of my knee my time was well spent reading a goal to read at least three pages in a novel finished a chapter.
Finished a series too.
This week back to basics is my theme / heard a sermon on repetition very fitting.
Worst things first 2 items per day
* scraped sticker off dresser before painting x
* start laundry 1st tub going now.

Writer Wed.Was up in the nite 2x so slept in today did my at & journal stuff.
Planning not so much. I am focusing on my done list instead.

Vac. LR in a bit. x
Anti P. / get dressed might work LOL! Did some knees stretch exercises while waiting on my coffee.
Task in a while not sure what it is yet.

Waving have a great one!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”