Thrive on Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Thrive on Thursday

Postby lucylee » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:04 am

I'm starting a new day again, since it looks like you've all gone to bed. I didn't want this to get lost in the shuffle before I wake up in the morning.

Things are better here -- all laundry is done, except dh's underwear load -- this is the week for the towel marathon, so we'll be folding a lot of underwear tomorrow, LOl... and then dgd's ballgame tomorrow night.
DH's surgery is now scheduled -- Feb. 26. No one seemed concerned that he wanted to put it off till then, so we are trusting that is not waiting too long and allowing the mass to grow or spread.
DDIL told him she already asked to be off for most of that week, so if we needed her, she could help. That will also lighten the childcare load for them, if she knows she is not working, so WE won't feel bad that they are short-handed. Although she said she would make sure someone took the kids to school on the surgery day, so she and ds could be with us at the hospital.
(All this PREPARATION makes dh a little bit more nervous.)

I have not cuop and I hope y'all will all forgive me. DGS has been here all day, I've been busy with dh and this darn laundry and ironing, plus it's been a full afternoon on the phone --->

Computer.
Phone call to AT&T cleared out the password problem. New modem is still "reading" old password. Network name and password as printed on the present modem is not accurate. Tech gave me the correct ones and all is well as far as CONNECTION.
NEW PROBLEM -- * LadyM, are you here? * Laptop is running Windows 7 and only wants to use Internet Explorer for a browser. Even with that, some websites will not show up. "Unable to show this page," or some such message. Every Time.
LONG time on phone with AOL tech. He could not get aol or firefox to load. Says it may be the old Windows and nothing really I can do about it unless I upgrade to a newer Windows version. There is a CD drive on the laptop, so if I could get a version that would be compatible, I could download it to a disc and * maybe? * install it?
At this point, it seems the Chromebook would work, but I still have the save to flash drive problem that was bothering me, and I just feel more comfortable with the laptop after having tried it.
:?: :?: :?:
Any suggestions here -- where I might find a usable version of Windows, OR a usable version of some browser?
Sigh. Technology is such a mixed blessing.

Hopefully, I will get a chance tomorrow to be more of a contributing member of this village. :oops:
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Re: Thrive on Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:37 am

Thrivin' Thursday, Lucy! Thank you for starting us out! I'm glad dh's surgery is scheduled and on the calendar and your family can plan for it.

I have my Zoom meeting as a mentor at 11 and workout at 2 today.

In between some things OMM:

-HOA deposit at bank, start a second deposit (I got two checks last night after I prepared first deposit)
-finish the analysis generation for the DAR application
-pack up a return small table in garage
-get sheets from upstairs
-Wash car
-gas car

Supper:
-black bean and tomato soup - ingredients from cans
-quesadillas with leftover pork loin and cheddar cheese

I just need to walk the dog and s2s and I'm done with a.m. routine. I won't make Harriet's crossroads of the day deadline but I'm getting there.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Dove

Postby Dove » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:02 pm

Good morning. Taking a little break after some morning activities. Fed the birds. Fed dcat. Fed myself. Dh was out the door early for an appointment & is stopping at grocery store with a short list on his way home. I sorted laundry & started a load & have taken down a few Christmas decorations. Dh brought the storage boxes down from the attic yesterday. I'd like it all down, packed & back up on the attic by the weekend. It never really feels like a new year to me until house is undecorated.

Hi Lucylee, I hope your frustrating computer problems are worked out soon. Glad to read that your dh was given a surgery date that was in the time frame he wanted. So sorry about the ham & pineapple juice fiasco you had recently!

Hi Twins, it is inspiring to read about your regular workouts.

Glad to be home after running a bunch of errands yesterday. Add cat food to the list of items that have gotten so expensive. A case of 24 small cans is up to $59.76, & an 11lb bag of dry food is now $50.19. Speaking of, dcat let us trim her nails without needing the muzzle -- good kitty.

Back again -- stopped to open door for dh, put away mostly perishable groceries he brought home, & started another load of laundry.

Not sure what is for dinner tonight. There are no leftovers left, but he did bring home a Gyro kit, lettuce & tomatoes so we'll probably have that unless I feel like a night off from cooking. Then we'll each be on our own.

Blowing dust off my 3x5 Zone card ;) . I let that slide in November but want to get back to it this month. Next up: Make macaroni salad for dh, take down more Christmas decorations, & continue dealing with clothes laundry.

~~~ Waving to everyone! :)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:12 pm

I slept all night yea! Up at 6.
I am up and have done something yea put 2023 papers in the box box I brought up yesterday yea!
Lucy L would try to save what you need in a draft and e mail it to yourself then save it where you want it easy peasy!
Way easier than what I do write it down then type it where I want it LOL! But for me this works esp. for my qt info. I remember it better.
I remember one time I had lh fold towels & his stuff while sitting watching tv kept him busy, flet helpful and less anxious.
One time I had turkey in one of the foil pans cooking and had to put it on a deeper cookie sheet for stability.
Your ham sounded good when it was done.

I am using a diff holiday theme cup a day this week and putting it away after I wash it done for the season.
So glad I left the lites & tree creche up as it's foggy / cloudy here again today.

Made out my lists aka planning for the day is underway.
Got a rolling desk moved in anticipation of the dresser coming inside to be glued & painted.
Spiffed kitchen 2x / missed last nite so feels more on track now plus as a bonus I cleaned the microwave yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:08 pm

Good Morning

The first 5 hours of my day were productive and smooth. Having a plan, focusing on one hour at a time and following SHE cards continues to work well for me.

Last night's meal with the church family was a surprise of twice as much food as we expected. That is always a better "problem" to have than not enough food. I do treasure those times spent with this precious group of friends.

We do have an abundance of leftovers available, but I have already committed to cooking spaghetti and meat sauce today. While I'm in the kitchen cooking today, I will also make 8 hamburgers to add to the ready-to-eat stash. I have expectations of not needing to cook tomorrow. Although, teenagers can make food disappear at an astonishing rate.

Dove - I love reading your posts.

LucyLee - BWTG on troubleshooting and finding password solution to accessing your internet. I'm not much help with Windows 7. As long as you realize the operating system is 13 years old and not being updated or protected from hackers then you are good to choose to use it if it will work. I do like Nancy idea to use email as your document storage instead of portable device. I just checked and I can still access my documents in email from 2004. WOW! I was surprised by that.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:21 pm

hello all!

what a joy to have you start us this morning d Lucy!
glad things are well today! praying for your dh!!
you have a good family!
so glad that there are lovely people here to help with your computer!

hi d twins! hope you have a good day

hi d dove! yay on your errands being done!
I just got back into my 3 x 5's after Christmas/thanksgiving took my focus away. I kept a couple going but the rest of Mine had to be chiseled free.

hi d Nancy! I am sure the lights and tree creche makes the room warm and cozy.

hi d lady good morning
what a nice way to feel ahead on a Thursday morning!
how lovely that you help your church!

hello to everyone of you!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:40 pm

Good afternoon! Today has been something of a lazy day for me.

DC’s theater club had a show at 8:30 last night; it was fairly short, but we still got out of there past 9:30, and the cast was headed to Waffle House afterwards. So we took DC and their girlfriend there and sat ourselves at a table away from the rest. It took a while, not just because of the young people socializing but because there was one cook and one waitress, and ten of us had descended at once.

So I got home late and got to bed late, and I slept in late this morning. And the last load of clothes I did only had enough for one complete outfit for me, and all I have left are things that don’t go together (leggings and shirts that are not designed to be worn with just leggings), so here I sit in the basement in my nightgown doing laundry. :roll:
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:56 pm

Hi! What is that bright thing in the sky? I think it's the first sunny day since December 24.

I've gotten all the utilities paid for the month, plus a 2024 burn permit was paid for at the town offices and both memberships at the senior's centre. I also put in a complaint with by-law regarding all the wood across the street. They have so much wood and the stacks are so close together, plus there are at least 2 chainsaws going all day plus who knows what flammable stuff might be inside the building and they have a burn barrel going all day.

We are having leftover penne in red sauce for supper.

I have started my meal plan calendar for the year.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:17 pm

I've had a productive morning but not exactly as planned. I still haven't gotten the table in the garage boxed up or work on the analysis for the DAR app but I did bring sheets down, and surprise! I caught the cemetery spreadsheet up to date through November. I don't have the Dec bank statement yet and don't have online access but that's one thing off my mind for now. And the bank deposit, gas, and car wash are after my workout, for which I need to leave in 35 min. And I managed to make it to the Zoom meeting only one minute late. I had forgotten all about it but then I got the email that a person had joined my meeting - so I sat down and signed on.

I had my light lunch - cheese and crackers and an apple. Taking a banana in case I'm starving after my workout.

I have a few minutes, might look at getting table into box for return.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:23 pm

hello again

I went through my cookbooks again- I took them off the counter (I leave them up during the holidays) and put them away where I can still reach them. - I didn't toss or donate any but probably will next month.

I have decided to create a curriculum for the year re: what I want to learn in cooking. Cooking classes are expensive but I am thinking of taking the King Arthur class for bread baking. (doing this during my learning hour today).

I also know that now that I am just dh and I again that my trial cooking will. be for 2 people and will need to cut down recipes instead of trying to freeze left overs etc. dh is really a hot dog/hamburger/preservative eating kind of guy - he eats the same things for weeks on end. I can't change his want to eat that stuff.
I still want to cook veggies/and less meat meals for me; but I have to learn to adjust my recipes. I also don't want to loose my ability to cook.

I am rereading the happiness file - not so much for happiness but focusing on things that I want to do, learn and my dh and entire family throughout the year. If it's not in the calendar then it is just bouncing around in my ping pong table of a mind.

I am considering doing the Linus program this year as well.

so far:
flip flopped laundry
played with dogs
front hall cleaned
I would like to do the front hall closet as part of the cleaning focus this week.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”