Fine-Tuned Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Fine-Tuned Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:08 am

Fine-tune your week, month, year, resolutions, routines, plans, whatever on Friday.

Take the time today to think through your new year and what you want in your life. Do a little fine-tuning of where you are at the end of week one of 2024. Do you need to amp up your efforts? Do the night-before planning you mean to do? (ME) Put delayed plans in action?

Catch your breath, five days in, and assess where we're heading!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Fine-Tuned Friday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:03 am

Hi!

Recycling and compost have been taken to the road. Recycling has been picked up already. It's a day later this week and last due to the holiday being on a Monday.

Another overcast day here and very windy. I'm glad I got the burning done yesterday.

We are having salmon for supper.

I have been loading the truck to go to the landfill. Dh needs birdseed and peanuts for the Blue Jays that come to our yard every morning. We also have some paint cans to go to the hazardous waste drop off.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:33 am

Part of me is wondering if I'm tired because I've started the year at a productive pace, and part of me just wonders if I'm not naturally tired this time of year. I've been on a productive pace so far this week, which means that today is probably a loss already, based on prior patterns.

I think my best bet for today is to work on the DAR stuff this afternoon - I'm so close to finishing and getting if off my hands, except for follow up questions, etc. I am dying to get back to some real research.

I slept well last night - night before last I was awake and achy - took ibuprofen and rubbed Voltaren into my hands - and got back to sleep. One night this week I was awake with a runny nose and cough.

I am wishing I had taken one of those sixty degree days to get those pansies into the ground. Now highs are in the forties, not reaching fifty and I'm cold! And we have rain coming in tomorrow and next week.

I've cooked our dinner two nights in a row and I'm exhausted with cooking, lol. Dh mentioned earlier in the week going to temple tonight for the service, if not dinner. I don't want to leave the house actually. I felt like we did so much last weekend I need more of a break from people! So that's undecided.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:13 am

I slept well yea!
allergies were acting up a bit when I first got up.
stay healthy is my 1st goal.
I have 3 dishes in the sink / did not do p m kit. duty but it's better than is was on Mon.
Rx stuff next up...
did qt. stuff.

Waving to all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:26 pm

I slept in an hour later than usual today. I know my body needed extra sleep. A few days ago, I had a swollen gum that eventually went down but then my right ear started hurting. I put those 2 pieces of facts together to decide I had some infection. I was traveling and busy, so I decided to self-medicate with antibodies on hand. ANYway, everything is back to normal but I can tell my energy level and stamina has taken a dip.

DH and I went to the gym and got that final workout of the week accomplished. Now we have 2 days of not going to the gym to let our bodies rest.

On the way home we stopped by the mechanic shop to discuss and come to an agreement on how to move forward with the repair of these two vehicles. We paid $3900 for more parts which will hopefully result in both vehicles being ready to be used again. Transportation is a necessity but who knows what the best choice is to have reliable vehicles. I'm excited for Mystery and DH to have a new vehicle and hopefully years of reliable transportation.

DS15 just video chat to show me some furniture and ask if I wanted it. They are cleaning out a home where furniture was left behind by previous tenants. I don't need heavy wooden bedroom furniture, so I passed on it. The boss told them to toss the furniture into the burn pit.

I am making 28 deviled eggs to add to the ready-to-eat food stash. I will also be visiting our local only-open-on-Friday BBQ master and bringing home some sliced brisket.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:51 pm

sorry I am late!

good morning! afternoon!

d harriet - I wanted to tell you that I love Kate from the last homely house - (and her green couch)!!! Her quilts are amazing.

hello to everyone. I have to go get my shots for the new covid and RSV soon.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:59 pm

I am back from store run break time for me I still have a few items to put away but needed to get off my knee.
I was done realize I'd forgotten a main thing so unloaded my cart and had to go back in and hunt for the time.
Found it yea! Now I have wood glue also got ever sharp type pencils as the others are wearing out and not up to the ones I like.
Doing rounds getting stuff in the fridge works I use a wagon to bring things to the steps from the rig works for me as I do not have helpers except
ddoggo and the only thing she helps with is to make sure stuff passed her sniff test LOL!
We walked I have my steps in for today now.
resting my knee watching a yt vid for insp.
Bw2 I did not know what that was about the projects for kids interesting.
I inked in my cover art in my journal.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:01 pm

I suspect if I journal what is happening then I would be more aware of why my time seems to evaporate with minimum amount of SHE cards accomplished.
** Fedex to the door delivering a package of items ordered from Sams. I unpacked that box and put those pantry restock items away.
** DS15 and Z (16 year old friend) have been here twice in the past hour. Once to get $$ for lunch and the 2nd time to get his earbuds.
** DSIL dropped by to chat and bring us some homemade peanut brittle.
** Electrical power went out. This didn't really disturb anything since the house generator automatically started, but it was just one more thing to monitor and remain aware of happening.
** Postman came to door delivering a package from ariver. I opened that package and installed new case on tablet.
** Pharmacy text that it was time to refill DH ozempic. I texted back with the okay to refill.
** DH went to pick up bbq order but before he arrived back home the owner called me to let us know that DH left part of his order. I met DH at the end of our driveway, and he returned to pick up the rest of the order.
** DGS24 text to let me know he will be attending church with us on Sunday. I invited him to eat with us afterwards.

I decided to make a meat/vegetable soup and have it simmer on the stove.

It is now the TOTH and I get to start the new hour fresh and with the hope that some focus will be given to SHE cards.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:05 pm

Good afternoon! Another day with a pretty much unproductive morning. Today was because I was up till 2 am reading this month's book club book. I'm a bad one for getting sucked into books and not being able to put them down. For the curious, this was called Still Life, and it was a murder mystery set in a small town in Quebec. Apparently it's the first of a series that my friend, who suggested the book for book club, has been enjoying.

Anyhow, I did get enough laundry done yesterday that I'm sitting here properly clothed, but I still have more to do. My brain is bouncing around today. No fine tuning here -- it's all noise and no signal.

DC has just let me know that we need to go onto the college website and pay the bill for the semester. First, I will have to go to our bank website and make sure there is enough money in the account after DH's large check to the dealership the other day. (LadyM, we are expecting years of reliable service as well; DH's previous car was from the same manufacturer, and he had been driving it since 2007.) If not, the tuition should be small enough (thank heavens for community college!) that I can put it on one of my credit cards. *crosses fingers* Well, there's some focus for me!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:21 pm

shots - finished and home again.
I am getting a little lost now that I am home - I need to focus on 15 minutes each room in hopes that I can stay away from raising chickens on paper.
our floors look terrible again. I washed them yesterday and they looked so nice.

played with dogs.
ordered groceries only bc we are supposed to have snow - especially next Tuesday. I hope we get snow as we need it. I have to find out when dd older flies back.

hello d mystery - I understand getting stuck on a book!
I am with you on the brain bouncing around today!
have a great day!

hi d lady! I am glad you put down what you have been doing bc it is helping me focus
how nice that your d grandson will come to church and dinner after.

hi d Nancy great idea that you use a wagon to empty your groceries.
yay on sleeping well.

hello d twins. You had a very very busy end of year and beginning of this year. you must be tired!!!
also happy you had a good night sleep!

hi d Cathy
waving hello
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”