Fine-Tuned Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Fine-Tuned Friday PWYC

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:43 pm

And thanks for the recommendation on Beyond Paradise, too, blessed. That is on our radar because of high opinion of its Death in Paradise predecessor, but we just aren't watching much tv these days. Well, I take it back. Except for HRH's constant enjoyment of rewatching very old tv and movies. As in, preceding not only our own decision-making age for what tv was watched, but sometimes our births. (smile)

The morning was dominated by grocery doin's. Some of that is still on the porch, actually. But nothing that's a problem, and anyway I'm not asking much more of my back today.

Slight change in scale today, so in my good mood over that I went a little too far with licorice treat, lol. I do love licorice. Thankfully, it was a small pack anyway and ... well, it's gone now, lol.

Lunch was a large smoothie. We've decided on burgers this evening.

Nancy, that makes me remember how our dog, Sammie, tried to help with groceries. She would guard us, of course, and walk along with us as we carried bags.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:53 pm

I too like death in paradise d harriet!

I noticed when d mom was here that all of us were stuck in watching Murder she wrote and mom's favorite: Walker Texas ranger. it was easy to watch bc I didn't have to think that much and I liked Murder she wrote bc of "Jessica Fletcher". I don't like dark drama type mysteries and I definitely don't like gore of any type.

yay on working towards good health too d Harriet!
what a sweet dog you had!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:55 pm

I was easily lost to the computer and doing nothing productive; but now, I am feeling better once I started on my routine.

groceries delivered. I should have shopped but I was afraid that after the shots that I would be a little tired and sore.
Groceries now put away
froze some stock I made.

pulled some of the boxes for the village put away.

I think I will do my stretches and ankle exercises before doing other things.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:08 pm

now, I am feeling better once I started on my routine

Me too. I had an entire hour with minimum distractions. The only thing that happened last hour was DD12 sharing that she started monthly and requested pain meds for cramps. That took just a few minutes of my time to listen, respond and give meds. I was able to complete 6 SHE cards during that hour AND reward myself (watching part of episode of Reacher)

Am I back into my groove yet? Time will tell. Next TOTH has started giving a clean fresh launching point.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:34 pm

-washed the dried muck of dd Youngers boots she used to play and walk dogs when she was here.
-washed the bucket in the sink well
-washed the humidifier well (originally soaked in vinegar for a couple days).
-put together 2 of the dickens village houses : Cratchit's corner and scrooges counting house. the other one is without a box.
-we also have Charlie browns house that I boxed. - also dept. 56 (only one item)

I was going to work out first but I think I will do some reading and then learning.
time to flip laundry

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:27 pm

how nice that you had an hour of minimal distractions d lady!
cramps are hard aren't they. I never got hit with them like my one sis in law. hope she feels better.
How do you like Reacher? I have been thinking of looking into it.

dogs and cat are fed.
dw is on (I am hoping to put the dishes away before bed)
dd left a quick book here and I am not sure what I think about it yet.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:07 pm

I've had a nice relaxing day. Does that mean my fine-tuning is reminding me to take it easy some? I spent about 3 hours "down a rabbit hole" on genealogy. Nothing earth shattering but absorbing. And then I took a very satisfying nap.

Ddog has been walked, I met my step goal for today and should meet my goal for the week tomorrow.

Dh has gone to temple - told him I was sorry I forgot about it but I don't care to go tonight.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:59 pm

Been working on painting knobs on the dresser I am painting project.

Return to “Post When You Can”