Sat. Grind

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Sat. Grind

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:28 am

What is your fav, grind?
Today I am up early with a weaker grind Ameraciano with added hot water.
Did my qt some journaling.

I am working on the dresser got the top destressed.
Did up the dishes that I ignored last night.
Had my bfast.

Have a great day!

Twins' Mom

Re: Sat. Grind

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:18 am

oooh, coffee grind, Nancy? We use a keurig but we're not particularly satisfied with it. It's inconsistent coffee, and it drips and leaves a mess so I always need a paper towel to absorb it. We are considering getting into one of the Breville expensive espresso/latte/this and that makers but I'm not sure I'll want to take the time to learn it. I use a lot of milk in my coffee and like lattes especially. I enjoy a cold brew coffee iced, or an iced latte.

Dh is at Torah study this morning as usual. We have a social gathering this afternoon at 4:30 related to his Rotary club.

I need my breakfast! With rain last night, the ddog hasn't started harassing me about walking.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:37 am

Absolute all-time fave? Cuban coffee! So happy we brought some home because I had a hard time finding it in the stores in Cuba. It's very popular. It's the number 3 export after cigars and rum.

Dh and I went for breakfast at a somewhat new-ish place. It was packed. There were less than 10 tables and only 4 tables could hold 4 people. Food came to the table cold. Tea turned cold quickly. The table beside us got there before us and got served after us. Someone that came in after us got served before us. One waitress was very, very chatty and stood talking to one table repeatedly. When the cashier said "See you again", we both said "No, you won't." ... anyways...

It's yet another overcast day here. Dh wants to go out for supper tonight, so I guess our kitchen is closed today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:25 pm

Dd and I watched the news and events this morning with coffee, so I just enjoyed my answer, Araku Boomi 100 % Arabica medium roast from Vayhan Coffee Ltd, India.

HRH and I buy it because it tastes "smooth and balanced" as they say (low acid), and because the company "supports the tribal farmers of the Araku Valley region of India", and because its instant. I just don't have space on my counters for more appliances. This is all-organic. At first, I was disappointed with A-river's price, but I've decided the same page is offering so many different sizes, you have to carefully read which size you're buying.

It's a very rainy, cold day here. I hope everyone receiving the actual storm with ice will be okay, but that's not here, I don't believe. Just soppy-cold.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:37 pm

Good morning

My favorite morning drink is a cup of Black Silk coffee made in a drip coffee pot. I was surprised to see that DS50 has switched from a massive coffee/latte machine with all the bells and whistles to a simple Bunn coffee maker that makes a pot at time.

The first 4 hours of my day have been what I dream about. Calm, smooth and productive. The SHE cards repetition seem to be training my brain. I don't have that monologue going on in my head whether I want to do something while also thinking up reasons why I shouldn't do them. . Not sure that makes sense to any else.

I took DS15 to work this morning with his arms loaded with Carhart outer wear to put on later. He will be operating a backhoe (no cab) and knew he would get cold. I complimented him on his wisdom and having enough experience to anticipate what he would need.

We have a rare day with nothing on the calendar. Unfortunately, I need to make a trip to the city to pick up a couple of prescriptions. While there I will get items that are on the restock buy list. I will need to go to 3 stores in order to get all the items. Ugh. This is one of my least favorite things to do. Being in crowds of strangers. ****shudder***
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:18 pm

I just swept and mopped all the floors other than the kitchen. Now that dh has gone into the bedroom for a while, I will get to the kitchen. I haven't had to do them in a while, so this was a real workout. One of the cats has been totally in love with a certain box and she is now leaving bits of cardboard all around this box. She has also been sleeping in it, so I don't want to toss it just yet.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:01 pm

LOL!!!
Cathy, the story of my life! Causing trouble, but how can you bear to take away their happy place, literally the least expensive thing in the house?

big and little cats benefit from the humble cardboard box I have no explanation for the final photo, btw.

The cats who received boxes recovered faster and became more comfortable in the shelter environment than the cats without a box and had a lower CSS (stress score).

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:20 pm

I am recovering from several days of migraines haven’t been out of the house since TUe

My son introduced me to Cuban coffee when he lived outside of Miami. I love the food as well and am trying to get my son to take me to lunch here to a Cuban restaurant. I don’t speak Spanish but he does

I have several types of coffee makers but use my percolator the most. I have. 12 cup and a six cup … the large one was my moms and the smaller one I bought from Amazon’s. I also have the old fashion percolator that you put on the stove. My 6 cup perc takes the same amount of time to make coffee as my 6 cup drip and I think it tastes better.

I set my coffee maker up at night and turn it on first thing in the morning. By the time I make my bed and get dressed my coffee is made. I have one of those pre made cup makes and hate the way the coffee tastes.
So many people use them and are used to the taste of coffee that when I serve them my percolator they rave about it.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:24 pm

I have swept the dining room ans put down a drop cloth.
Dusted under the fridge, stove & china hutch.
Took my vits. too.

I luv my Keurig it was my Christmas gift was going to be from lh but I got it anyway only in the blue that goes with my kit.
was going to get a red one but changed my mind. I keep a 2nd cup under it for drips my coffee seems fine and consistent.
Tried the w-mart brand french vanilla and I"m enjoying it.
It's past my coffee cut off time now how ever so done for the day with that.

I've painted the dresser and while it was drying put on a movie.
Got the dishes put away.
Hope those of you in the storm in the East are okay.
We did not get the flurries in the forecast.

Had my lunch.
Fan is on the dresser to dry it sooner & with the fan on the stove for exhaust it is good.
Tempera paint is not so bad.
Dresser is done getting painted yea!

Have you ever had a caffeine withdrawal headache?

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:03 pm

The stores were packed. I went with a list and didn't look at anything else. I was in and out of the stores as quickly as possible. I am thankful for scan and go app so I didn't have to get in the long checkout lines.

I am tired and have no interest in doing anything more today. I have a plan for Sunday lunch that won't require much effort, so our food needs are covered. I can coast through the next 36 hours.

Kathryn - How is your back?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”