Sunday Sightings

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Sunday Sightings

Postby CathyS » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:29 pm

Supper is in the oven and on the stovetop. I put the last 5 carrots under the roast to keep it off the bottom of the pot. I also scored the fat so we will have crackling. I usually eat most of it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:47 pm

found out dd older will be back in Chicago tonight! Both dd's said that they are sad to leave each other - they had their sister issues but overall they had a lot of fun.

I know dd older would live near dd younger in Florida - they both love Florida. They also love hot weather. I could easily retire to Minnesota or northern Wisconsin bc hot weather is hard on me.

floors are rinsed - they don't look better but are dust free. I will have to wash the floors by hand to remove dog prints.
trained dogs
played with dogs.

what needs doing feed the birds.
flip flop laundry

I want to clean the front hall closet (the bottom).

feeling tired again.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:54 pm

hello d cathy yay on super being in oven

A lady's derriere is hard-pressed to maintain a graceful landing.
oh my gosh, d harriet, this made me laugh more because it is so true!!! I am sorry your chimney is leaking.

hi d mystery!
how sweet that your d mom opened her eyes when your brothers GF came over!
Sometimes d mystery you can't be constant to a sleeping loved one. I had that with dh, d grandmother and d grandfather, aunt. it's being there that is important. Even 5 minutes.

hello d twins, hello d cathy, hello d harriet, hello d Lucy, hello dear all.

I have been thinking of our sweet harmony.

Has anyone heard from d lynlee in Australia

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:40 pm

front hall closet, floor, is clean

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:06 pm

I went to in person church it went long but I did not even notice & enjoyed being out of the house.
The truck has to get air in a tire they are not open today sigh. Later.
Had lunch..
Walked ddoggo
Game day / crocheting a hot pad omm in a bit.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:38 pm

how nice to be able to go to church d Nancy! good for you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:44 pm

spoke to dd younger - her dog went into the room dd older was staying at and has been whining. He is meant to have a young family around him all the time. he loves mom but having the two girls together is what the dog loves.
It took him two weeks to get back to himself after he went back to Florida.
dogs, animals, feel things just like people.

I suddenly became really tired - I ate an early dinner - I did get a lot done.
I only get cold when I am not feeling up to par and I am getting cold again. grrr - I am normally a hot box but now I feel rather chilly. ;)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:59 pm

I'm late to arrive in the SHE village today but am glad to finally be here.

We went to small group and contemporary service this morning. DGS25 joined us at church and then came home with us.

Lunch was brisket, country style ribs, roasted baby potatoes, kale salad kit, and homemade bread.

DGS25 did a load of his laundry and stayed 3 hours chatting.

DD12 is not pleased that she has lost the use of her digital devices today. She had about 30 minutes of things to do yesterday but chose not to do them. DD12 is certain that this consequence of losing her devices until tomorrow is too harsh. I am feeling comfortable with the consequence and have suggested we might need to extend the no device consequence for a week or two instead of just one day. We will discuss our different viewpoints with her counselor tomorrow. I do appreciate all communication with DD12 is calm and low drama. Even when we disagree, we sit and talk about things without raised voices.

DS15 has been busy the entire day. I do sometimes wish there were an off switch on him, but he is just so full of energy and ideas that he is like an energizer bunny that just keeps going and going. He never runs out of projects and things he wants to do. He rarely does them alone and almost always has one or two friends with him.

I took a look at the next week. Ugh. There are 19 events this week where we must be somewhere at an appointed time. 6 of those are medical appointments. I made SHE cards for each of them so I can focus on them one at a time which keeps me from getting overwhelmed.

DH has left for the elder meeting. I will be going to the evening chapel service in about 30 minutes.

I miss Kathryn posting. I hope she is doing okay.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:50 pm

A Sighting - a new 2024 thread is up in the Outdoor Spaces forum.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:38 pm

Harriet, I know that sighting around the chimney. We have a small spot there, and of course, the very large spot in our study. Several times, we have been told it was fixed, and nope, it is not fixed. I don’t know what will be the outcome of this.

Something I FAILED to see today — my keys in a pile of laundry. DH found them, on top of the washer, AFTER I had borrowed ddil’s keys to the church, gone back to look there, and even called the pastor to see if anyone turned them in to her!

I’m also still seeing my Christmas tree and decorations. I really want to get this stuff put away this week.

Drinks — we do not drink coffee in any form or fashion. We don’t even own a coffee pot. We don’t drink a lot of tea, either. I drink too many diet colas, and some Propel water. Dh drinks one diet Sundrop each day and a bottle of flavored water at night. In between, he might drink regular or diet drinks like Mt Dew or Coke, and he will order unsweetened tea if we’re in a restaurant.

Today has been normal Sunday doings, but I did get everything done before we went for supper, and when we get home, I plan to do 15 min on Christmas take-down, and then work on my planner.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”