Monday of a Normal Week: PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Monday of a Normal Week: PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:27 pm

hello d Nancy - I hope your dh's chiropractor appointment makes him feel good!
good for you on self care!

hi d cathy
love that you had knitting group - do you ever watch Arne and Carlos on YouTube. I love Norwegian knits.

hi d harriet glad your dh had his check up. yay on errands.

hi d Nancy yay on sleeping.
doesn't a normal week sound wonderful
I will join you on washing sheets today! waving

hi d mystery My abby normal is normal for me! :lol:
how fun that the school can celebrate the soccer championship.
I am sure the lolly gagging (not dilly dallying?) is a bad thing - glad you had time off!

hi d twins I am so happy you are savoring you morning!
yay on body work

good day d lady! how wonderful the your dd could see the cards weren't that bad. it's a beginning! I totally understand! :D good for her on her report card!
yay on weekly cards.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:36 pm

the cleaning focus helped me getting my mind back on the card file - the basic dailies are something I generally do but with the dogs and me it's not enough to keep a house clean

What I have been doing weekly in my laundry room (Mondays)
wipe the tops of the machines
surface dust
sweep and vacuum and rinse floor
rinse
clean the sink

but truth be told it is filthy. I am in shock. I have not rinsed a wall, get behind things, wash a window, wash the doors and so many other things for quite a while and the room is filthy. I am going to have to take my monthlies to weeklies and my weeklies to be dailies for a bit. This room goes to the outdoors for the dogs and to the garage. Our house has not been able to keep up With all the mud and dry dirt that has entered our home via the dogs and dh and I. it's amazing.

my goal this week is to do a daily left to right in the laundry room -

tomorrow I will wash the three doors and vacuum the door entrance bottom.
today I will wash the windows.
I need to wash the trim.
the walls need wiping
I need help moving the dryer to clean it underneath.
I need to clean under the sink.
I should remove things on shelves again -

today I cleaned the vent in the dryer
washed part of the door and walls to the back yard
did the weeklies.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:56 pm

LucyL. 's h had the chiropractic. apt.
Hope it want well and the rest of the day too.

I have had lunch & walked my ddog.

Dec. decor is down and in the storage room not put away but that will be another day.
Spring stuff is out b/c it looked so bare.
Sheets are done folded & put away as is the other load a blanket.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:26 pm

Break time for me. I have 20 minutes before leaving to pick DD12 up from school and then head to the city.

Our ready-to-eat food was down to almost nothing this morning. I made a double bath of baby potatoes with mayo/sriracha sauce and cooked 8 boneless steaks. That will keep DS15 from thinking he is starving while DD12 and I are gone tonight. I also made a big pot of meat and vegetable soup. No one else will touch the soup because they don't like all the various kinds of vegetables that I put in it. Ohs well.

I am looking forward to having 3-way discussion with DD12 counselor. I am confident that I am seeing things correctly, with DD12 and my interaction but I also recognize I might be missing something that could make a big impact. If DD12 counselor advice is that I make a change I will listen.

I keep seeing things around the house that I need and want to do, but they haven't reached high enough priority to get my focus. It helps to know that I am consistently doing the things I know are a priority and I have the visual proof of staying productive by looking at the stack of completed cards. I can only do what time allows. All the things that I am not doing will just have to keep waiting their turn.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:57 pm

I have been doing some research but haven't been recording anything so will need to retrace my steps. I just walked the dog, it is blustery and cold ("feels like" 44 but I was suffering.) Ddog was uncooperative and excited and was pulling. I detoured once (at the end of my rope) to go around a neighbor and dog that dMillie consistently hates. I am at the end of my rope with her some days.

Starting evening routine. Need to work on HOA tomorrow. Ugh! and it will be rainy and windy and cold Ugh! And I have to go out to workout. Ugh!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:03 pm

I have been doing some research but haven't been recording anything so will need to retrace my steps. I just walked the dog, it is blustery and cold ("feels like" 44 but I was suffering.) Ddog was uncooperative and excited and was pulling. I detoured once (at the end of my rope) to go around a neighbor and dog that dMillie consistently hates. I am at the end of my rope with her some days.

Starting evening routine. Need to work on HOA tomorrow. Ugh! and it will be rainy and windy and cold Ugh! And I have to go out to workout. Ugh!

I'm feeling a little low tonight.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:57 pm

(((Twins))) I hope things perk up for you.

Just got back from driving with DC. I asked them with what destination I could bribe them to go driving. They realized that the Chinese bakery they like is open today. There are two locations; parking is horrible at the closer one, so we went to the farther one. That included some highway driving, too. We got a couple of desserts and some buns and some cookies and some bubble tea and a green tea cake roll (I know what I’m having for breakfast tomorrow morning! :D ). I drove home. I was already nervous from the trip there (not that DC is a bad driver).

I did get my cookbook shelf tidied up. DH prompted me to clean out the binder of printed recipes, not just add the new ones, so that got me started purging. I ended up getting rid of four cookbooks, each of which contained one recipe that I actually use. Those recipes are copied into the binder now. So my cookbook shelf is looking spiffy!

I have not yet cleaned the bathroom. We shall see if that gets done after dinner. Have a good evening, everyone!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:01 pm

(((d twins))) it's hard when things aren't working out. I pray tomorrow morning that you feel refreshed!

yay on getting your christmas stuff down d Nancy
Dog gone it ---- I forget to do our sheets - :o :lol:

I keep on thinking it would be fun to do the same jobs together on the same day - (DON'T THROW ANYTHING AT ME). :lol: ducking 8-)

hi d lady hope you enjoyed your break! I love veg soup -
I hope that the counselor and you were able to chat
. I can only do what time allows
Very true! sometimes it's hard to see what we actually do and the impact it makes. When you stop doing it then it is definitely easy to see.
My d sis in law (a born organized) says that people think she doesn't work and that it seems effortless when she actually works like a dog but is consistent. she said if she stopped her day in and day out work then people would notice fairly fast.

I did a put away in the front hall. I ordered a few things that needed refilling and put some automatic deliveries on hold.
I signed up the University of Wisconsin horticulture class about pests and plants.
I wrote the master garden program, here in Illinois, to see if I can take it again as last year was a loss. They may or may not accept me but I will be okay with it.
I called the park district to see if the one easy exercise class - I will admit it is a chair class - I am afraid of my ankles being a problem as the scar tissue has been a problem and they said I could start this Thursday. I just need to get a pass.

I did a lot of things in almost all rooms. I did the timer polka today.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:29 am

I’m making progress on Christmas. After supper with ds and dgrands, I had to take a nap. Dh and I watched the championship football game (well, I watched some of it) and then I sorta got my second wind. Figured if I was going to sleep so late, and stay up so late, I need to make myself useful in those late hours.

I put a load of clothes in the washer at 11:00 pm, and promised myself 15 minutes on Christmas.
I ended up doing 45 minutes and made a big dent in it all.
Still need to put away the little houses on the hearth AND… the tree.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”