Monday of a Normal Week: PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Monday of a Normal Week: PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:44 am

We're back to a "normal" week! No holiday-shortened week that starts with Tuesday! We can focus! Breath! Plan!

(Don't look now, but next Monday is MLK day, so sorry!)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: Monday of a Normal Week: PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:57 am

Good morning

** DD12 had all her cards done from yesterday so she got her digital devices back this morning. I asked her when she did her cards and she said "I looked at them and saw they were easy so I just did them". DUH. LOL. She was not resisting doing the cards because they were hard. She was laughing and smiling about them being so easy and quick to do. I think there is a lifeskill lesson in there but I'm too close to the forest to see the trees right now. IYKWIM
** DD12 has 7 A's on her semester grades (all A's). She was rewarded with 7 five dollar bills. Note....cleaning out her school backpack is one of her weekly cards. Doing this card resulted in giving me the paper with her grades. DD12 made money by doing her card. :)
** My SHE card stack is gradually getting thicker but still comfortable to hold the stack of cards in my hand. I carry the cards with me (in hoodie pocket) all day and shuffle through them at available moments to remove the cards that are completed and put the cards I want to do next on top of the stack.

Today time appts on SHE cards. I put these cards on the kitchen bar so everyone can see what is coming up and know where I am when I am not at home.
** 7:30 - DD to school
** 8:30 - DH, DS15 and I to gym
** 10:30 - DS15 to Music studio. Remember $25
** 3:30 DD12 from school
** 5:30 DD12 to counselor. While DD12 is spending an hour with the counselor I will go to Sams to pick up a prescription for DH.

Weekly task cards for today that DH will do.
** Gather trash and prepare it for tomorrow trash day.
** Drive 89 for a few miles.
** Start house generator and let run for 10 minutes.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:58 am

You are right on top of things, as usual, LadyM!

I'm savoring my Monday morning. I think I lose "energy" when dh is sitting in his chair playing on his phone or watching TV. It somehow sucks energy out of me and I enjoy being alone. Right now I need to get moving.

I only have body work today at 11:30. Our supper is chicken, acorn squash and green beans.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:21 am

Good morning! We will be abstaining from normalcy a bit longer around here, Twins. (Though it could be argued that we are never normal.) :D DH has the day off today, and DC doesn’t return to school until next Wednesday, only having MWF classes. But DD will be back to work today.

DH is off because the president of his school called a day off classes in honor of the school soccer team winning the state championship. It was set for today because last week was only a two-day week for the students as it was. At any rate, he was kind enough to extend the day off to non-teaching staff as well. DH, however, is checking his computer frequently. Grades are due, and his colleague who handles that end of the computer system had to be out of town Friday for a funeral and so may be working from home today.

DC’s classes for this semester start at 8:00 :shock: , so I am waking them up a bit earlier each day. I know it will be a shock to my system to not be able to lollygag in bed in the mornings; it will be doubly so for them, being used to sleeping the morning away. I woke them up more than an hour ago, and I just now hear them running water.

DH is puttering; he’s been putting Christmas stuff away, and now he’s working on getting a crockpot started. I should make myself useful. (I, too, find my DH’s energy “catching.”) Cleaning up my cookbook shelf is part of my homework for this week; while I’m at it, I should grab some page protectors. I’ve got a binder with recipes printed from the internet, and right now, too many of them are just shoved in there rather than being on the rings. And while it’s not part of my homework, I need to clean the bathroom.

Have a good day, everyone!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:57 am

Good Morning I slept in till 6:55 :mrgreen: yea!
a.m. stuff happening now.
writing down stuff for this normal week.
Thanks for you insp. gals!
A bit of catch up sheets are up & my bedroom zone.

2 b cont.
sheets / in the dryer 2nd load of laundry going.
spiff in butterfly room x
did one round in zone / my bedroom.
dress be4 ten / barely made that goal.

Waving
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:39 pm

With HRH at check up. Then errands to p.o. and pharmacy

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:20 pm

Hi!

I have been to one knitting group and now I am home to get something to eat. Dh was nodding off at the computer when I left and now he is in bed sleeping. I know he had a rough night last night, so I'm not going to wake him up.

Yet another overcast day here. Snow is mostly gone.

Supper tonight will be leftover pork in gravy and mashed potatoes from a box plus a veg of some sort.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:23 pm

a normal week - what a wonderful way to beginning.

just a quick wave of hi!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:44 pm

starting the 15 minute room by room including glass work
today is kitchen work
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:02 pm

I’m waiting on dh at the chiropractor… then taking him to get labwork at hospital. Nothing to do with surgery; this is just routine thing because he takes some heart medicine — amiodarone, I think.

I wish we could hear more from Harmony.

I’ve done nothing but self-care today… s2s, Bible reading, walked indoors 20 minutes.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”