Ta Da! It's Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Ta Da! It's Tuesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:37 pm

sweet dreams
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:41 pm

I agree Lysol wipes are disappointing for bathroom floor quick spifs - yes, sort of a sticky ... maybe residue? I would rather use a baby wipe than a Lysol wipe, if I have to rush - the ones I have are thick seventh generation, good for many uses. Otherwise, though, Swiffer wet floor cloths is the better of the wipe kinds - not perfect for me because of tiles in master bath, but not sticky at all after drying. In the other bath and every other area with vinyl, Swiffer is great, though. Still haven't tried the spin cleaner on bath floors but have hope.

Perhaps the storm threat is over. And yet, as I type that I hear thunder, for goodness' sake. HRH went outside today to check on a tree, and it was eye-opening to see when he was walking out there, he looked like one of those weathermen who is struggling not to get blown away. And at the same time, we could hear two different sirens, so things were quite sobering.

After supper, dd26 had a zoom call with her bridesmaids. They are insistent it's time to start looking for her dress. I also learned lots of things I hadn't even thought of that cost more than I would have thought and will be more trouble than I would have thought. (This is second-hand knowledge - she took the call privately.)

Decor put-away - I was so happy I hadn't gotten to that yesterday when a dcousin dropped by. He got to see all my dmother's (his aunt's) vintage decor. Really, our whole conversation turned out to be memories of this house, my parents, etc. He came because he was passing when a delivery person was trying to find us and he helped. I see him often, but he hasn't actually visited me in years, so being so ready with Christmas decor was nice. I had even turned on the lights of the tree that morning, although I usually don't. He complimented our redo of the house quite a bit.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:51 pm

Harriet that is great you got to see dcousin and share memories.

It has calmed down here for a bit any way.
I ran the vacuum in the living room glad for the extra steps.
Not sure on the sweeping & mopping might do some or one room.

Was too long on screens ...
Swept & mopped kitchen yea!
Boiled up some eggs.

Return to “Post When You Can”