Ta Da! It's Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Ta Da! It's Tuesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:25 pm

I wrote dd older to check the weather as we have big, wet and continuous flakes of snow coming down here.

I am trying to watch dh's emotions and their affects on me. - he has an eye dr. appointment tomorrow (if the weather is okay) and he always gets depressed/stressed - very understandable after all he has been through. I need to protect my winter self from taking it on.

positive thinking.... move forward to the next job.
---------------------
-empty and put away the bag I took from upstairs.
-order a brambly hedge puzzle - I feel like it. it does help my brain. :D
put away laundry that dh put on the counter for me - very nice. put away done :D
-still waiting to see if they will keep my in the gardening program
-put away in dd Youngers room. She left 2 baskets of put away in her room. I am using that as my sewing/work room.
-work in 3 season room with put away :D partial
-garage 15 minutes
done - take the few christmas things that are on the kitchen table and put in three season room for dd older to help me put in crawl space on Saturday. :D
wash sheets

kitchen work for today:
pulled card: clean the top of the fridge done :D
rinse floor again :D done
todays focus: is making me cranky just thinking about - I know it will be simple but it's annoying me. :D nothing etc.
go through bottles etc. of shampoo and wipe :arrow:
swish and swipe nothing big. :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:33 pm

Back from an errand it was 50* off the hill down town where I got air in my tire.
The dinger went off on Sun. on my way to church they were closed, today is the warmest day this week.
it is 48* here, did some of a walk had the breezy time phone needed charged I did get a vid.
of some workers so it was good.

I have wanted a yellow dog, retriever for a while but cannot think how I would handle two dogs unless
I walked em separately. I do not keep food out on the counter for that reason my dog licked the ham at Christmas! :lol:

"Saved" one of my coffee servings for now enjoying it immensely!
Did not have lunch a rather large bfast for me a bit late so I"m not hungry that works.

Winds in our forecast till ten in the morning Wed.
I redid the dish cloth I was working on 3 boo boos made it a better idea to redo that one
is was half way but it's looking better and the tension was too loose on the knitting,
plus I had the tail too short and in the wrong spot to do the finishing very happy with my work now.
It is back up the half way done again yea!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:22 pm

A little more of Christmas put away...
A load of laundry done... (half done -- it's still in the washer)
Went to the drug store and post office.

Dgd has a ballgame tonight.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:44 pm

I do not keep food out on the counter for that reason my dog licked the ham at Christmas! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
d Nancy - made me laugh.

redoing work is better than looking over the boo boos on a finished project.
glad you got air for your tire.
hope you enjoyed your coffee!

hi d Lucy
yay on more christmas put away done
woo hoo on the laundry
yay on errands.
is your dgd's game basketball or volley ball?

Next: fill the bird seed :D . We still have big white flakes of snow falling.
I can't walk outside but I can toss salt from by front door. ;) I did the front stoop with shovel and then salt.

I can feel it - I can feel the I don't wanna's coming on!!! which probably means that I need to do it.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:20 pm

Blessed, it’s basketball. She’s just in her first year, 8-and-under, so our fans are pretty low-scoring. She has never scored (but only 2 girls on her team have!) She plays pretty well on defense.
Dgs is in 12-under and he’s never scored a basket either. :(it’s his third year, I think.) He plays good on defense too, but he’s just not very aggressive.
We’re just thrilled for him, with his autism, to be having the social outlet of sports. He will likely never make a school team, but he’s having fun now.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:41 pm

how great that they are doing basketball - especially with autism for your grandson
good for them!!! I still can't believe how fast your grandkids have grown!

have fun tonight!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:44 pm

dd older said she is driving back to the suburbs. It's really coming down now.
I am trying to decide whether I want to keep the back gate open - I worry that we won't be able to open the gates tomorrow bc of the snow- we have coyotes in the area at night - I am not sure I will feel the dogs are safe if I let them out.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:37 pm

It’s raining here, blessed, and 38 degrees… so I’m thinking there could be some slick spots by the time we start home. But our really cold weather is supposed to start next weekend— a low of 22 Saturday and the teens Monday night, I think.

Dgs is extremely high-functioning autistic. I shouldn’t even mention that he IS; I have a friend with a daughter the same age who is non-verbal, and it is heartbreaking.
Dgs is VERY verbal… and sometimes has some social issues — monopolizing conversations or not picking up on non-verbal cues. He is a lot like Sheldon from BBT. When he started pre-k, he was very easily overwhelmed and frustrated, couldn’t handle transitioning from one activity to another, and didn’t really “mix” with other kids. Now he does fine, goes to gifted class once a week, is a member of the scholar’s bowl and student council— he even took a two-night field trip to the beach with the gifted class last spring. So we don’t worry about him anymore; we’re just really thankful to see him laughing with the other boys and having fun.

Oh! The coyotes — I’d do whatever to keep them out! I’m scared to death of them. I thought one had got me on NYE. I went out to see where neighbors were shooting fireworks and I didn’t have any lights on. Here came something running towards me and I just knew it was a coyote! I ran back to the back door, got the lights on… and it was just a very friendly, very scared dog. LOL.
I have heard they can jump a very high fence, though, so the gate might not make that much difference. Keep an eye on your fur-babies!
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:07 pm

Y’all know how we have several weeks for maintenance and celebration for Christmas… well I think I need a week or two for undoing Christmas and getting ready for the new year. I just can’t get back into routines at all while Christmas is still out. (I know… y’all are thinking, “Since when has Lucy HAD a routine anyway???”)
Maybe once I get the tree put away, I can vacuum and dust again!

Also, what is the best mopping formula for bathrooms? I try to wipe with the Lysol wipes around the toilet but it just leaves it feeling sticky. Swiffer wet wipes don’t do much at all — although the third time did get my kitchen clean.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:35 pm

LucyL. I was thinking the same thing today as I put away my Cmas decorations.
No way I could get back in gear to do all the meetings I did last year no idea how I did them... well the house got neglected that's how.

Winds are howling outside still.
My bs tanked took care of that had dinner & washed up my dishes thinking of joining the dog in the safe room.
Lights flickered one time. I heard something outside I think one of my walking sticks fell.
:idea:
Did a bit more knitting it helps calm me down!

Return to “Post When You Can”