Ta Da! It's Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Ta Da! It's Tuesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:44 am

Tally up some of those ta das today. Let's hear it for completed tasks!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: Ta Da! It's Tuesday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:10 am

Good morning

Twins - Thank you for opening the SHE village today

Winter weather has arrived here. The fierce wind is not kind to anyone not ready to deal with it. We will have 5 days of not getting above freezing temps. We don't have any precipitation so thankfully there is no ice to deal with.

DD12 has been delivered to school. She struggled to wake up this morning and I found her Nintendo switch in bed with her, so I know she was up during the night playing games instead of sleeping. This device is not connected to the internet so i can't track or monitor its usage that way. We are going to have to go old school....the game device will be put on kitchen counter before bedtime. I really REALLY want DD12 to be able to self-control her game usage, but she hasn't reached a point to do that yet.

I have 4 times to leave the house today.
7:30 - DD12 to school
8:30 - DH, DS15 and myself to gym
11:00 - meet elderberry group @mexican restaurant for lunch
3:30 - DD12 from school

Before, in between and after those appointments I will be doing homeschool with DS15 and also SHE cards as time allows.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:55 am

CI winds woke me at 4:45 I slept well.
have done good on my a. m. qt stuff.
Worked on getting the print out readable ~ the ink was lite not sure if it was running low or the color from the pdf was the
prob. it was b&w so ink may be low the church; did these I am grateful for it inked in what needed for prev. pages I've done.
The white words / text references will not print so notified the main office that did it. Said they would keep it in mind as I'd done further in the study :idea: found it before others not on that section yet. I was surprised by the quick and positive response.
Got two positive responses from e-mails yesterday made me feel good. Yea!

Waiting for daylite to take the trash to the curb. / Done
I need to work on sorting and putting away Christmas decor I took to the basement yesterday.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:06 am

Ugh, I keep losing posts through my inattention.

Some ta das already:
-garbage out last night, and has been picked up already
-roomba going
-CPAP stuff soaking clean
-grocery list, Instacart order ongoing
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:49 am

Storm. No power. Just phone but two invites to other's houses and not cold enough yet for that

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:08 pm

2 out of 4 out-of-house trips have been accomplished.
3 of 13 hourly goals have been met.

I have 30 minutes before leaving the house again. My focus is on DS15 homeschool.
Note....He is full of 15 year old wisdom with vim & vinegar mixed in today. He could try the patience of a saint. Reminding myself....this too will pass.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:10 pm

We have blinky lights here, so far so good!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:12 pm

stay safe d harriet - hope the power comes on again fast!
you must have been hit by an ice storm!

d twins I hope today is a very good day for you!
Are you feeling a bit better today. thank you for starting us.

hi d Nancy - I have heard that Washington state can gets some good winds! glad you slept well.
acknowledgement and positive responses - how wonderful!

hi d lady - I always feel for the people who have to work outdoors in the deep freeze like this. Stay nice and warm!
what's an elderberry group? I would love to know.
have a good day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:15 pm

Good morning! It is windy here, too, LadyM, though thankfully it is about 40F here. Snow is expected here tomorrow, though, and the bitter cold is expected to arrive over the weekend. The wind must have blown down a line somewhere, because, like Harriet, we have no power. This means no heat, even though our boiler is gas. Fortunately, we have the fireplace if the power stays out too long.

When I’m done here, I will go to the electric company website and see how far the outage extends. Hooray for smartphones; our internet is down otherwise.

Trying to figure out what I can do; laundry is out, certainly. Good job on your ta-das, Twins!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:18 pm

I will say the nice thing about having a retriever is that they pick up everything off the floor and bring it to me without asking. The bad thing about having a retriever is they constantly bring you everything - even without asking and expecting a treat for it. (no wonder they are starting to get chubby again).

so far this morning I have received multiple toys, plastic bottles still full, two dog dishes, a couple sticks, any little piece of anything that should be on the floor and my slippers. dh had a cheese stick yesterday and one d dog brought the empty plastic to me. She can pick up the smallest things.

Just now they found their ball - I guess it's time to play before the day moves forward.

waving at d mystery.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”