Ta Da! It's Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Ta Da! It's Tuesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:05 pm

dogs have sufficiently been played with and dh let them out in the back section of the yard. they love ice and snow so they are in their element.
We were supposed to get a lot of snow but we only got slush and not much of it. dog gone it - I love a good big snow.
I do worry about my ankles so I have to be super careful.

I had hoped to go back to bible study today but the ice is something I can't risk. I thought getting out with people again would be a very good thing.

I have decided to set my timer and go for worst job possible.

What is in the cards today -
(I feel like a fortune teller - I don't know if any of you remember the video with pam and Peggy and the fortune teller? :D telling them they will become the queens of clean and would clean up the White House.)

bathrooms are for Tuesdays.
kitchen is for my cleaning focus for this section of the month - I do find bedrooms so boring and they don't get dirty like a kitchen can. I might add a few bedroom things in.

Cotton eye Joe 15 minute dance in basement first.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:31 pm

I am pleased that I got the dog brushed out the part that is shedding anyway.
I learned to let her have the sm. brush and use a diff. bigger one that she does not see yea for success.

Winds come in bands of some gusts 45 mph. predicted but it seems to be less now yea!
Sun is out now warmest day today ahead of a cold snap.

Swiffered a bit yea.
Got the Christmas decorations put in totes now except elf ddoggo wants it really badly but she will unstuff it so I
took it away from her.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:05 pm

yay d Nancy!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:15 pm

It was snowing really tiny flakes when I woke up.

Numerous pages on FBook where mentioning how many accidents there were this morning. I was planning on going to Costco this morning. We don't need anything that we can't wait another day or two for, so I am staying home today.

Dh is asleep on the couch. He stated that he had another rough night last night. I'm letting him sleep. He's been growly and grumpy and grouchy for the past 2 days. The lack of night time sleep is getting to him. Even the 2 cats who have spent most of the last 14 months growling at each other are asleep on the bed within 12 inches of each other. :shock:

We are having spaghetti and meatballs for supper tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:27 pm

blessed, you may have to become philosophical about ice and not allow it to have any battles with you this winter. Even when we win ice battles we have some troubles sometimes, muscle aches, etc.

Power back but storm intensifying. Wow. Dstepson has taken dgs to dentist appt so dd43 can stay home with all other boys all trying to stay online with their teachers. I was so grateful I didn't have to do it. Well, now that I see the dark stormy weather, I know dstepson was the only one for the job. We have a tree down onto our phone/internet connection box and HRH has gone out to mark it, looked like one of those storm-tossed weathermen trying to get back to house.

We are flickering, so it's been nice talking to you...

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:34 pm

Having gotten that posted, less important things

Have really managed to get a backache. Am "stove up", as my dmil would say. Finding it difficult to decide to attempt picking up things on floor - need a Retriever.

Another reason I was so grateful dstepson could help with the multi-needs at dd43's house today. Thankfully all the kids have kept power. Ddil is also very grateful since she works from home, too, and her patients are sometimes very ill or hurt, need guidance through many mazes of care.

"Banking" another post in case we are swept up into Oz.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:38 pm

I am struggling with this accounting. The version of QB makes it all so weird and I just can't master it. I feel like I've made a mess of it all at this point. So discouraging.

I've eaten lunch and need to head out to workout soon. The rain has let up, ddog went out for awhile and dh came home for lunch.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:09 pm

worked in basement - I have no idea why I tend to think a job will be so hard. I did half an hour and I made a good dent.
waving!

played find the duck throw - used for training hunting dogs but my dogs love them. I made it really difficult and the one dog has a great nose - I never thought they would find it.

d twins sending the accounting fairies to your house to help you "poof" make it work.

hi d Harriet praying your back ache goes away fast - I will send my one dog on to your house to help retrieve - and she likes cats.
do you have one of do-thingies that pick up things. (long handle with a picker upper claw at the end). dh has 5 - yup 5
So glad your d stepson could help dd! glad kids have kept power.
your d dil sounds like a caring and loving person.
praying the storm eases for you and the storm leaves your power alone and one.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:19 pm

Home from an enjoyable luncheon. We had 17 elderberries (over 60 years old) today. It is a joyful fun time when we get together.

Did you see the news aboutthe dog that ate $4000 cash? Our Tomas looks and acts like that dog. Although Tomas didn't eat cash this week he did eat 8 hamburger buns that I had on the kitchen counter. Tomas considers everything on the kitchen counter as fair game. In frustration I announce to our family that I was going to find Tomas a new home and they immediately came to his defense and told me all the reasons why we need to keep Tomas. I really thinki it would be best for Tomas if he had a person he could devote himself to and be side-by-side 24/7. Tomas was trained as an emotionally support dog and I think he would be such a blessing to someone that needed him and could be with him 100% of the time.

I asked DH and DS15 to team up with me to get the rabbit cages moved to a more protected space. Now they are located in the best spot to get through the winter weather.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:40 pm

hi d cathy
praying your dh gets the sleep he needs tonight! At least the kitties are curling up near him without a side eye or growl/hiss to the other cat.
glad you are staying home with all the mess on the road.
-----------
How fun d lady!!!! no I didn't see the video but I am going to look!

I couldn't have my dd Youngers Malinois - he needs a one on one person dog who can take all his feelings and work with that smart brain he has. Oh and the energy that goes along with a dog like that needs a special person. I understand. Emotional support dogs are generally highly intelligent to feel the wants of their owners. They need a job. could your ds take him with on jobs and out and about.

My dd has her dog everywhere - it makes me feel good that she has him with; she goes to many construction sites and mines etc.
-----------------

Return to “Post When You Can”