Wednesday Anti-Procrastination PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Wednesday Anti-Procrastination PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:12 am

Someone mentioned anti-procrastination day recently and it feels like the right time! Christmas decorations? Decluttering? New Year's Resolutions? We're on it!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Dove

Re: Wednesday Anti-Procrastination PWYC

Postby Dove » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:36 am

Good morning, Twins :)
I turned on the heat in the attic so I can do some work up there soon. We hang a really large outdoor wreath that needs to have the ribbon wrapped around it replaced. There is also misc stuff all over the table again. Some of it is Christmas decorations that were missed when I took everything down. I was so sure I had gotten it all (Ha! famous last words) that I told dh I would give him $5.00 for any Christmas decorations he found. As of today I owe him $20.00 :) .

I thought our glass front door had been pulled open & was swinging wildly last night when I heard a loud commotion there. I hollered for dh in case I needed more muscle and it turns out a really big limb had fallen out of a nearby tree & slammed into the door. Was so thankful it did not break the glass! But it was wedged up tight & door couldn't be opened. Dh went out into the storm & pulled it away from the door. It needed to be done but I was also very thankful that dh didn't get hit by any more falling branches. He's outside cutting it up with a chainsaw now.

Last time I posted I remember getting interrupted & I forget to say how wonderful it was to see Bookie here recently! :D Bookie!!! Hope you stop by again soon.

Hope all is well with Kathryn.

~~~ Waving to everyone! have a great day! :)

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:47 am

It's a windy Wednesday here.

I've watered 1/2 the plants. The rest are succulents and get watered every second week.

We are going out for burgers for lunch. I don't know if we are going to the place in the Costco parking lot or the one east of us. Therefore I don't know if I am going to Costco or not.

We are either having chicken or leftover spaghetti. Depends on whether we go to Costco or not.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:09 pm

Stormy weather is over, but we’re suppose to get more later this week. The winds were so strong I was afraid I was going to be blown all the way to OZ!!!

Did two classes this morning and now home drinking my second cup of coffee. I have 5 errands to run and two of them are for Sweetie so it’s gonna be a busy day.

Life with an Alzheimer’s guy… need a laugh? The other day I asked Sweetie to help me change the bed. We stripped off the old sheets and I gave him a clean pillow case to put on his pillow. This morning when I went to make the bed I realized he had put the new pillow case over the old pillow case so his pillow had two!

I’ve given up with my utensil drawer. I have one slot for regular forks and the other slot next to it is for the dessert/salad forks. Regular forks are far larger than the other ones. Sweetie never had any problems putting the forks correctly away in the past, but not any more. And now when he tries to tell me
About something he’s read on the computer, not only he can’t remember who the person is he wants to tell me about, he forgets what the story was about in the first place! And he now can’t remember words of objects he wants to tell me about and I have to guess or figure out what he’s trying to tell me.

We sure are laughing a lot around here these days :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:17 pm

Where is everyone? I've already scored for anti-procrastination day by folding two loads of laundry - one had been in a basket since last Friday. :roll: And I did a pre-procrastination day yesterday by taking my watch to the jeweler for cleaning and a new battery. His dd lives just up the street, so he said he will drop it off for me when ready.

This morning I need to run errands - two that I meant for yesterday plus one. I have groceries ordered for delivery. I need to get moving.

Hoping Kathryn is okay and will check in with us soon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:26 pm

Good morning

I am grateful for this SHE village. I love coming here to read what is happening in your life.

It is a typical Wednesday here. I have been out of the house twice (DD12 to school & then going to the gym). I can feel my normal level of energy returning after the holidays, travel, and recovering from an infection. It feels good to feel good.

We have plenty of meat leftovers (chicken, brisket, country ribs, hamburger) and several side dishes. There are various kinds of fruit that need to be used so I will make a fruit salad. The family will eat a fruit salad when they won't bother to eat a single piece of fruit on their own. Later today I will make a double recipe of mac and cheese to take tonight meal with church family.

Homeschool is underway. SHE cards are being accomplished with minimal effort by combining and incorporating with hourly goals.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:01 pm

My first A/P task of the day was putting away the second suitcase.
The second one was checking to see if dh or myself had to renew our license plate stickers. :oops: I needed to update mine. Dh is okay until his birthday. Now that is done at no cost to either of us.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:40 pm

Fruit salad is made although someone had eaten all the seedless grapes, so it only had 2 apples, 3 oranges and 2 bananas. DS15 immediately ate half of the fruit salad before I even got it put into the refrigerator. Note to self....start keeping fruit salad on hand because it is a straightforward way to get some good nutrition into the kids.

I made another big pot of my favorite kind of meat/vegetable soup. I can't get enough of this soup and have been eating 2-3 bowls of it almost every day. As soon as I eat the last of a pot of soup then I immediately make another one. A large percentage of the soup ingredients are from my garden that I had harvested and froze. The number of varieties makes it difficult to remember how many different types of vegetables I added to the soup. I put the pot on the stove top and just start adding without a recipe. Trying to recall.....tomatoes, onions, peppers, sweet potato, cauliflower, 2 types of spinach, cabbage, garlic, beet greens, asparagus, and summer squash are what I can remember adding to the soup pot. I put 4 kinds of meat (brisket, ribs, hamburger, and chicken). If this wasn't an uncommon enough combination then I combined a salty/sweet/spicy sauce for flavor using A1, siracha and cranberry sauce. A handful of red pepper flakes are also added to boost the flavor until every bite is an experience to the taste buds.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:01 pm

hello - I will say hi individually soon. I feel like the guy running behind the train and waving. "I am getting there - here I come!"
"Don't worry - I won't stop until I catch up with the train." (my run is a happy run and not a panicked one - steady will get me to the finish line.

I am listening to inspirational home pod casts - to keep me happy and focused.
dh cancelled his eye dr. appointment as going in the snow stressed him out. He has decided to tell the dr. that he will come in April and then November. His decision has made his stress leave his body and he is happier. I happy dh lifts the spirits through out the house.

waving to all of you!
Today is Wednesday - Anti procrastination day is back for me (I call it the I don't wanna day) :D
today is also bill and letter day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:09 pm

Slept in got 1" - 2" snow, snow rain mix now.
Glad I did my errand yesterday.
My aunt sent my lh a cmas card it came today. sigh.
I have soup in the crock pot, it has veg. & broth I forgot to thaw out chicken.
But will have meat loaf did thaw it out.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”