Wednesday Anti-Procrastination PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Wednesday Anti-Procrastination PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:16 pm

note to self...you also added bone broth, blackeye peas, green beans, beets, and corn to the soup. As I stir the pot, I see the vegetables that I had forgotten to list in my ingredients.

I missed achieving one of my hourly step goals due to being in the kitchen. I forgot to remain aware of time passing.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:19 pm

timer on:
found some more magazines that I hadn't read.
I received my botanic garden renewal bill.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:06 pm

One of the utubers that I follow posted a video showing a soup she called Pantry Minestrone. It made me smile because the soup I made before watching her video was similar in style.

DH has suggested that we intentionally slow down this afternoon. We have been going almost nonstop for days. We will be with the church family tonight for several hours and another difficult day tomorrow. I'm going to relax with feet up as much as possible for the next 2-3 hours.
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:28 pm

hi again - just a quick hi - but a big Wave at all of you.
timer ready
I went through all my magazines and will be sending the English garden to one of my d sis in laws.

now for a job I don't care for - my youngest left and her room won't be used for her again for at least ten months so I am going to put things away from her closet.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:50 pm

Received approval from insurance company for dh's surgery in the mail today. This led to me looking up words I didn't know and making myself nervous re: the surgery. Some things dh may not be counting on -- likely he will come home with a catheter? Sigh... he will be very disturbed about that! I'm not saying anything about it. I'm just sitting here thinking, he keeps saying he is not strong enough to go through this. I may not be strong enough either! I am NOT a very good nurse.

We were awakened after about six hours' sleep, phone call from a cousin of dh's, wanting to hear from dh re: surgery etc. DBIL had talked to the cousin at Christmas.
We are both tired today and I have to take dgd to ball practice. Then we'll all be going to church. Right now, I may just go back to sleep. I have a couple hours before I have to pick her up for practice. DS can't go because he's waiting on man to come repair dryer. DDIL sleeping, works tonight. Then she's off for 8 days. She says she likes this schedule, but I think I'd get tired of six days straight. All she does is work and sleep for those six days.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:24 pm

My soup with dumplings in the crockpot is a success! A first time I've done that in a crock pot yea! Meat is not done yet. I cooked it in a diff. pan in the oven it's done now good not excellent.

Snow has melted off the deck and the sun came out.

Focus on what is most important. Done.
I am trying to focus on the top three. Done.

Walked with ddoggo the snow is gone!
Saw a smallish branch down from the wind on our walk.
Got the leftovers containerized & they are cooling on the deck now.
Picked up after the ddoggo in the back yard.
She was barking at the mail carrier in the rig, & Fed ex. &, ups has not been by yet.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:13 pm

lunch: I had a small amount of curly cooked pasta - cooked some onion (the last of our onion from the garden), garlic, added a bit of canned artichoke, lemon shaving and a bit of juice, a bit of grated parmesan that had been sitting there, a touch of cream. it was good and I needed something that felt like I ate out without all the work.

I have been eating the one left over, from the freezer, for three days. I was ready for something else without ordering in. (was chicken and white wine with onion, carrot, mushrooms -I had made a double batch with d mom before).

I have done a lot of put away from dd Youngers room. I had to laugh when I realized one basket was laundry for the rest of the house to be put away!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:24 pm

oh my gosh - I can't believe it but the small box of sewing scissors etc. It was in dd Youngers closet (exactly where I had put it :shock: :lol: )

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:13 pm

the dogs are just barking like crazy - any movement on the road and they bark!

SAYING HELLO TO ALL OF YOU!!!

I finished the put away of dd's stuff, clothing, bedding she bought herself last year that isn't my thing, and all the misc stuff that as in that room.

the decluttering and put away work in dd Youngers room/ now my sewing room again, created a large laundry basket full of things to put away down stairs or donate. I got a small bag of garbage out of there as well. I also have two loads of laundry to do. (I tossed it down the stairs).

Next toss the ball for dogs. (or hide the duck :D )

as well as read the first chapter in my book
the put away that is in that laundry basket - keep telling myself it won't take as long as I imagine.
laundry flip flop
today is letter writing day

What I was supposed to do for the kitchen: wash the wood trim and wood base - I may and may not.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:51 pm

DD12 is home from school and like normal came to find me to talk. She gave a rundown of her day and opinions of what happened. (no drama, just normal middle school stuff)

I was planning to make a double batch of mac/cheese to take tonight, but when I started cooking I changed my mind and made a triple batch. January Wednesday meals are an assortment of soups. Last week we had 7 different kinds of homemade soup so the variety and selection are plentiful. However about half the kids will not even try them. Some children would rather not eat than try something new. I am making mac/cheese for those who won't eat soup. Most kids will eat mac/cheese or a pbj sandwich so those are a good alternative to soup.

I'm going to take a 15 minute break with feet up before leaving to join several others setting up for meal.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”