Throwback Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Throwback Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:16 pm

howdy

hi d twins do you like being part of an HOA? I know nothing about it.
You are an amazing hostess!
have fun Saturday night!

hi d Nancy I don't remember that recipe - can you enlighten us?
I never knew that fruit jacks up sugar!
I am sure your house smells heavenly!

I too am a big chicken about hurting my body - It's a healthy fear! Keeps us safe.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:58 pm

Recipe I was referring to here is what I did back in the day
One box of stove top dressing prepared to directions on box.
1 c. cream soup any type will do cream of chicken or mushroom for example.
2 c. chopped cooked chicken or turkey
I cup diced carrots & peas mix.
mix & put in pan place in oven 350* for 20 -ish min.
Was a fav. here gravy can be added if desired.

-----
Got dressed.
Smallish branch came off the dreww and landed on the house in the winds we are having today.
Had my lunch
walked in place in side to get my steps in place of a windy walk ddoggo hates wind.
I am a bit ahead of schedule.
Finished a round dish cloth.
Napped
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:06 pm

Cross stitch supplies? DMC (floss) is most likely available at Walmart. I know it's at Hobby Lobby. (Don't get the "other" brands as they have issues. The dye runs if it gets wet, the threads split, etc. ) Most of my patterns are more than 30 years old and were purchased at various Canadian craft stores. Hobby Lobby has kits (I think) and they also have patterns without the thread. Dimensions kits are good. I bought a lot of "stuff" at HL, like my storage container for needles (there is a magnet in it) and dh bought my floor stand there. DO NOT buy stuff on line. Some stuff smells like smokers have owned it, other stuff might have dirt or mold in it. Just not worth it, plus any patterns might not be sold by the original designer, so the designer doesn't make the money for their work.

It was snowing this morning and now it's raining.

We are having chicken and rice casserole for supper.
Last edited by CathyS on Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:32 pm

hi d cathy!
your dinner sounds lovely!

hi d Nancy I didn't know that they had that recipe! sounds good!
hope the branch didn't do any damage
yay on your dish cloth

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:53 pm

I read one chapter of my women in gardening - not the title - but it's about how 6 women, in the late 1800/1900's, who became women in horticulture. women who actually worked the garden and created designs.

It was a time where the Male gardeners was the norm for the day and women were considered too frail, lacked intelligence needed or inexperienced to do the work.

I am finding these and other women fascinating, energetic and wanting to break the ceiling of the gardening hierarchy extremely interesting.

next: flip flop laundry
15 minute room by room
dog training

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:58 pm

Home from workout, I'm always so happy when I'm done for the week! Did errands while out: bank, drugstore, post office and dropped off reimbursement envelopes for social committee ladies.

bw2, yes we have a HOA - our little area was graded and established a little less than twenty years ago, although it didn't take off until about the time that we built here. I do like the HOA because it means that houses will (hopefully) be kept to a certain standard. Ours has a lot of rules but don't enforce many unless it's just really needing it. They have had some homeowners make repairs and repaint and replace dead shrubs. Also the ever popular garbage can infractions of leaving them out too long beyond garbage day. And the main expense is keeping up common grounds and the pool and playground.

Ddog is impatient for a walk but I am going to try to put pansies into pots - this may be the nicest day we have for awhile. It's sunny and nearly sixty. I also need to s2s still. Didn't make sense to do before workout so I just sponged up earlier.

Dh has a meeting at 4:30 I think - we'll go out to dinner after.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:47 pm

I got pansies into a planter on the front porch, and I emptied the planters by the front steps of the asparagus fern that was still green (ish). They must love where I put them because they root very deeply and are hard to get the root ball out. I combined them with red geraniums that are long gone, lol. I got root balls and plants into the wheel barrow and dumped them at our back where we drop off. Was going to clean up my mess (potting soil, etc.) but can't find the dratted battery powered blower. Dh has used it the last few times and it's not where it's usually put back. So I'm steamed about that because I left a mess.

I could have done more, but needed to walk the dog and s2s to go out. And now I'm waiting for dh to finish his meeting.

More: I've had a productive day.
-got time sensitive HOA accounting done, cks delivered or mailed and bank deposit
-worked out
-got some pansies into the ground
-10K steps

dh just called, and I'm off.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:54 pm

Another dentist checkup accomplished with NO CAVITIES!! We celebrated with shakes after the appointments.

While in the dentist chair I was asked when the last time I saw periodontist. I did a search for periodontist name in google calendar and it didn't have any results. Then I did a search for periodontist name in Onenote and almost instantly had the answer. It showed my daily journal from Nov 10, 2002 where I had written about my appoint with him. I do love having this searchable journal information available.

I have rescheduled our two appointments that were on Monday. It isn't worth the risk to be on the road. We have the possibility of snow/ice on Sunday and our temperatures won't get above freezing until next Wednesday. The state and county trucks are busy putting strips of ice melt on the roads today.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:59 pm

Here (here being a bit of a drive for me) both Michaels and JoAnn's had a good cross-stitch collection on shelves, dd and I thought. Ordering other items, I noticed Michaels had a good online selection - didn't notice about JoAnn's. Wonder if small shops have it - used to here, but many turnovers since I've kept up.

So much chat about creativity makes me smile! I'll be "into" that quite a bit for the foreseeable.

Today was the discount day for groceries, so after a bank errand, HRH went to shop and ended up spending a good while. All back home and put away.

We both had noticed the fellow, early 30s, bagging was gruff. He didn't say a word to me (actually, I happen to know that's against company policy). But HRH pulled him out a little, insisting on interacting and making at least a bit of small talk. Still, he was very rough with our groceries, maybe everyone's. When we got to parking lot, HRH pointed out that he had tossed our big box of heavy canned cat food on top of all. When we got home, oh my! My single serve yogurt (you know the kind with just a thin flat lid applied across top, not plastic fitted lid?) had taken the blow hard. Yogurt all over the inside of the bag. We couldn't help but remember, we've both bagged groceries in our lives, and no, it's not the best work but you don't "wear your heart on your sleeve" and bother others. Sigh.

Someone mentioned cat food costs (Dove?) of the small type cans. We buy the larger so price is better. I paid 85 cents a can today for Fris kies all-poultry variety paté. If I will take the one that includes fish, which I don't like buying as much, I can get it for 75 cents. Sales do happen, but usually just for the single cans. I worry about mercury in the fish ones, plus notice they don't seem as satisfying/filling for him.

blessed, great that you happen to have ice shoe covers. They could give you more options in getting out.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:30 pm

Blessed: I agree proper ice grippers (and poles with tips not rubber ends) make a huge difference to my ability to move outside all year round.

We (dh and I) walked over to a local pub to meet others for the Residents' Association pub night (4:30 to 5:30) and then all of us stayed for dinner so it was a lovely dinner out with 8 others. Good conversation. We pick a close by pub so no-one has to drive after drinking.

On the way home, we had a chance to talk with the man that has the Jurassic Park jeep in the other building. We've been curious about it. He is a tattoo artist who had to close down over Covid lockdowns, was bored, so painted his jeep. Then he put a large model dinosaur (which was usually in the window of the tattoo shop) into the back of the jeep with the roof down, and drive back and forth in the Walmart parking lot beside the long lineup of people waiting to get in (back when the numbers were limited and we had to line up to go into stores), playing the Jurassic Park theme song. He said it felt good to see how it made people smile.

Aside from that, my day has not been overly accomplished. Back isn't bad but the itching is driving me nuts. I'm going to postpone my cream hormone treatment until at least tomorrow night. Diaper cream hasn't done much in the way of relief today. I'll try coconut oil for overnight and tomorrow in the daytime. (I used it last night and wasn't bothered but then again I wasn't sitting, I was lying down.)

Dr. Google says it could be any number of things and to see a doctor if it doesn't go away after a while. Which means, I should make a doctor's appointment now since they take weeks to get. I can cancel if this goes away on its own.

Return to “Post When You Can”