Freezing Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Freezing Friday

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:03 pm

Ty LM
Sun came out.
Just checked the weather and not looking forward to -5 F. overnite.
Praying is not that low.
Ddoggo went out for a potty break in the backyard w/out me. :mrgreen:

For my free day Fri. I read most of a chapter in a book I've been reading. Friday Night Knitting club.
I will do laundry tonite to warm up the basement that is my plan.

Note to self- mend sheet next time they are off the bed.

I was out to the mail box & fetched mail after shoveling a bit to get to it not much shoveling however.
Had lunch.
Got my steps for this far of the day in yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:26 pm

how wonderful for your dh d harriet!
How nice to have a beautiful visit with dh's step mom - praying for her!
Are you both eating fermented things now - my dd keeps telling me about it and I thought you may know about it.

yay on sun coming out for you d Nancy!
hope the weather won't be as low as they say.
enjoy your free day

I heard a big yipe and d younger dog came in limping (she won't stand on her left back leg) - I will watch it.
I think the dogs found a mouse in the garden - lots of dog noses going deep into the snow and then moving as it seems like something is moving under the snow.

Note to myself and dh - as this is the end of kitchen zone week :
clean the oven
clean the fridge
see what is in the freezer.

I ordered coffee cups - our cups are mostly from travels and are getting old.
snow is starting a bit again.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:00 pm

I've been upstairs doing a little research. Poking around in records, seeing what I can find.

I'm going to take a nap.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:12 pm

Did some more snow removal white stuff that blew off the roof.
Anti P. task learned how to share a pic from my phone to fb.
Next will be pic to yt maybe next week LOL!

Took laundry down stairs sorted and started 1st load.
Got the 1st load over to the dryer and one more load is going now.
Did those things mostly for steps.
"Found" meals ahead to use for the next couple of days.
This would be the perfect time to defrost the freezer if it was empty but it's not.

Next Up:
Watch some of the series I started.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:13 pm

Coming in at the end of a 'reasonable' day. Not great, not a total slug.

* I got several emails done (need to do more.)

* I made a difficult phone call (chose to do phone call instead of putting things in writing because if the personnel issue blows up, in writing becomes part of the record.)

* I did a load of laundry.

* I did my blood draw for routine blood work (that's a biggie.) I went back to the same place I had it done before and it went even better. No line up on a Friday afternoon and I was in and out in 20 minutes.

* I printed off and put up posters for upcoming events.

* I visited with people from the other buildings while doing the above task. That included a heart-warming moment when two long-lost friends reconnected. Here's what happened: I let someone into the lobby who wasn't sure which apartment she was going to but I knew the women I was talking with knew and I knew the person I let in was expected since the person she was visiting had chatted with me for a moment but said she had to get up to her apartment because her sister-in-law was coming over. The sister-in-law said the married name of the tenant, then corrected herself. One of the two women in the lobby, Bea, exclaimed, "Janet?!" and the next thing I knew they were hugging. They hadn't seen each other in many decades and Bea had never made the connection between the tenant to Bea's childhood friend because the tenant has a different last name now.

It made me feel wonderful to see the reunion. There have been a lot of wonderful connections and thoughtful acts happening in the complex this month, this was just another of them. (And tomorrow we have another giveaway event, so more will happen.)

* Dh and I walked over to for our dinner out for Friday night pizza and then across the road for milk and home so that counts as my walk for today. We are due to get slightly less snow than Blessed over the next 16 hours so getting an outside walk in today was important.

* I watched another two episodes of the Morning Show. This is not a true achievement but a 2 hour chunk of my day. I'm caught up in a small subplot so watching what has turned into a soap opera and am not enjoying the second season as much as the first. Years ago, I stopped watching Suits for the same reason.

The wind is howling against the window again. It was really gusty on Tuesday night as well, so much so that I shut the blinds to make the window rattling a little quieter but I could still hear it over the sound of the podcast I was using to go to sleep.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:57 pm

a 'reasonable' day. Not great, not a total slug.

this is a win when aches have been tough - me, too.

blessed, HRH really likes sauerkraut, and purchases often, yes. I used to purchase refrigerated kimchi, but no one would eat it with me and then with pandemic I couldn't get to that grocery, so I got out of the habit and haven't had any lately. Same for the miso in my vegan not-meat loaf, which was delicious (also had vinegar in the sauce). Because the loaf looked different, it was not the family's favorite, and I haven't made it in a while. I have both soy and almond yogurts for treats but don't consider that especially healthier than other foods, I just like it so much. Don't care for kombucha, but maybe that's just me - it seems to me to require a great commitment to health to drink that stuff. On my radar, Tempeh, which I want to learn to cook as a main dish ingredient.

Fermented foods are good for the tummy, and whole lower digestive tract, and in that way, because of so much brain-gut connection, are good for brains, too. Might be good for bones. (I haven't read those bone studies yet - have so much to read.)

Speaking of which, my online learning dance-card is filling up as much as my reading dance-card. Whew. Dd26 and I fitted the camera to my computer screen again for 4 nutrition webinars I have coming up and for an online discussion on women in ministry (historic mostly). This morning grabbing things for the trip to HRH's dr appt, I was paralyzed in choosing between the various books I have going and actually chose by the literal size of the book so it would fit in my purse so I could also take a banana for first-breakfast. Then I forgot the banana.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:55 pm

The wind is really howling here, too!
Tomorrow we have two ballgames, and have to be at the first one at 8:30 am! Y’all know that is NOT our normal routine… and it’s just going to get colder every day and more crowded at Wmart, so I went just now for the groceries I would normally buy on Sunday.
Still need to find some crackers and outdoor faucet covers!

Still need to get this Christmas tree down!

I spent today goofing off — spent an hour on the friend with a dfriend who lives in another state. I wanted to talk to her while dh was out, and he had gone to have lunch with some of the men he played football with. I wanted to tell her about dh’s surgery, but sometimes it makes him nervous to hear me talking about it.

After he got home, we rode around in the forest for awhile and then got Dgd to spend the night with us.

Snow predicted for us Monday, 1-3”. About 45 min north of us, they are saying they could have SEVEN inches. Wow!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”