Freezing Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Freezing Friday

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:29 am

*5" snow fell last nite here. 18* F. dropped 2 degrees already this morning.
buses on 2 hr delay
snow plows are out at 5:15 today.
I did my snow removal last night while it was warmer before bed
Slept well.

What are you up to today?

------
7:30 a.m.
Yea a guy that used to work with lh came with a plow attachment on his inclosed cab 4 wheeler side by side machine and
plowed the driveway out. Got a vid. of it! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Re: Freezing Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:31 am

Chance of snow next week, as Lucylee said, but I doubt it amounts to anything. Today we have high winds and rain, possibly T storms but I think the chance of real bad weather is pretty low. Schools are out - no picking up or dropping off kids in the winds today.

I walked ddog two laps already but it looks like rain doesn't start for another hour or so. I doubt I'll make my step goal this week - I'd have to have 11K steps today and tomorrow to do that and I'm not willing to try for it.

Sheets are going in washer, I'll just put them back on when done. The roomba is going, I stepped it up to make two passes everywhere. We'll see how long it takes. In the beginning I just wanted it to hit everything once. And already this morning, I found the blower in the garage so I could clean up outside a bit from the potting yesterday. I just needed to move on yesterday because needed a shower.

For tomorrow night, I decided to use lasagne already in the freezer instead of cooking a meal. I can add salad and bread and be good.

Today? I'm not going out until the evening, when we see Z and his wife and ds (Z is "other son") for dinner. We usually only get a quick visit with them when they come so can't wait to see them.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:54 am

Good morning

Nancy - you do well with keeping up with and ahead of things you need to do. POTB!

We have a FOUR DAY weekend! Add in the fact that it will not be above freezing those days makes the weekend with minimum out-of-house activities.

Of course, DS15 won't be slowed down by the winter weather. If anything, he is more energized. When we got home (5:30pm) from the city yesterday, DS15 immediately went to work. His boss wanted all the equipment checked for antifreeze. That is a couple dozen vehicles, countless tractor/backhoe/diggers/whatever to check and add antifreeze if needed. DS15 was excited and loved doing it. DS15 doesn't understand why his friends don't like doing stuff all the time. We have this conversation a couple times a week. Your friends are not lazy or unmotivated. They enjoy sleeping and zoning out. I keep reminding DS15 that it is okay to do that.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:02 pm

it is a good freezing morning!!! We are supposed to have 8 to 11 inches of snow. This I love but then tomorrow we are supposed to get -1. I will take the snow without the deep freeze. First they said it would be -13 on Monday but not it should be -3. much better.

hello d Nancy - glad you slept well!!!!
well done on getting the shoveling done yesterday
----------------------------
My mom is in the hospital with a fast heartbeat.
dd younger woke to her dog nipping her and pushing her. She thought he had to go out but then he went to mom and continuing whining and circling her. dd took her to the hospital and it turns on she has in the beginnings of heart failure and her a fib came back. They are medically trying to slow down her heart and have given her meds to reduce the lung fluid which isn't too bad, but is there.
They may end up putting her under and giving her a shock to get her heart out of a fib.

Thank goodness dd was there! dd just went home to sleep and my brother is on call (from here) to talk to the hospital.
mom has been happy as can be. She has been chatting to everyone! She is getting cranky bc they won't let her walk the halls as her heart rate keeps jumping up.

My brother and I can't go down there bc our planes have been grounded bc of the snow but dd younger did a great job. (and her dog is one smart dog).
---------------------------

I hope you all have a wonderful day - stay safe!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:07 pm

hi d twins.
yay on your machines helping you with your work!
have fun with your friends!

hi d lady god morning!
yay on a 4 day weekend.
I love that he loves to work! good for him! You balance him with knowing that he can rest and work. a good balance. What a great way of explaining it to him.
My brother was and is the same way as your ds 15. He loves to work especially outdoors.

I thought I saw d cathy for a second.

WAVING TO ALL OF YOU!!! (with mittens, muck lucks, and a big fluffy hat and jacket on.)

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:46 pm

We have a huge storm coming, according to numerous sources. Dh hasn't used the snowblower yet this season. He also wants me to park in the garage when I get home later.

Kathryn may have seen or heard on the news that there was a fuel tanker that has gone into a ditch and flipped over. Dh said local back roads are crammed with cars because the highway is (was) closed in both directions. It was cut off by a black BMW which was seen by numerous other drivers. There was a diesel spill as well.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:52 pm

((blessed, dd, Mom))

At eye Dr with HRH. So far, we only know that eye pressure is okay. Crowded office. HRH dropped me off to see receptionist because parking lot had no more spaces.

Leaving home, we noticed low tire pressure. Went to dd43 and she fixed us right up with her portable air pump.

We sang to her:
"You can trust your car to the woman
Who wears the star, the big bright
Texaco star"

She smiled but no recognition, lol.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:14 pm

d harriet - good day to you!
glad your pressures are good! dh has glaucoma and those offices are always crazy busy!
how cute singing the song to your dd - I recognize it!

d cathy - stay safe with the storm coming.
hope the tanker driver is safe and okay - I pray for all that have to do the clean up and traffic work.

timer is working for me - it's not like I have a plan except for working in one area for 15 minutes.
exercise done.
having lunch
flip flopped laundry
emptied dw
washed counters

rinsed bottom walls, cabinet fronts and wood trim - it's not great but I will do it again next week as Monday weekly.
swept, vacuumed and rinsed kitchen floor.
time to flip flop laundry again.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:42 pm

Oops... forgot to post what we are having for supper.

Pork chops in gravy with potatoes and a veg. Most likely peas.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:29 pm

It is actually HRH who had the appt.

Dr couldn't have been happier - "excellent, right in target". So he is done for six months

Then we visited dear late father-in-law Joe's widow briefly. She is living with stage four cancer but she seems just like herself, very cheerful. She and HRH have always enjoyed each other.

Waiting now as he goes into a local place for a pint or two of their slaw, which we'll have with other things at home for lunch.

Return to “Post When You Can”