Keep it Sunny Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Keep it Sunny Saturday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:49 am

After yesterday's rain and wind, the south has sun today. The rest of you can only make your day sunny through your mood and actions. so please join us in having a sunny day together.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Keep it Sunny Saturday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:06 am

OTOH, we have a "Winter Storm Warning" beginning Monday a.m., but for our area that means little snow. North of us is a better bet. And now that we're in the city, the roads are usually treated and there's little accumulation. (And the snow melts by noon most of the time!)

We're having company for dinner tonight and don't know yet whether there's kiddos coming. I need a trip to the grocery this morning (actually, that's what everyone in the south is saying today) and need to stock up. So I need to get a fast start this morning to the grocery. (The mindset here is that we "could" be snowed in and need plenty of food to keep us going, lol.)

get dressed
walk the dog
grocery
breakfast later
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:22 am

Hi! I had a "wild" start to my day. I came into my office to some things on the floor from 2 bottom shelves of the pantry. Dh had just finished telling me that none of the cats went outside. All three were hunting in my office. I finished clearing the 2 bottom shelves and they were all in high alert. There was a very tiny mouse under the shelves. Now 2 of them have left the room and the youngest is the only one in here and she is trying to get under the Costco sized bag of paper towels. I think the mouse has found a safe place for the time being.

No idea what to make for supper tonight. We had pork last night and chicken the night before. I think it's time for something with hamburger in it.

The sun is shining here and it's extremely windy.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:08 pm

it's a beautiful sunny day - the snow stopped and I think we got 10" of snow. Now we wait to the cold. there is something particularly beautiful about snow (and the sky) when the cold takes over. Sun I found, in the winter months, means very cold weather.

enjoy your sunny day d twins!
enjoy your company tonight!

hi d cathy. oh my the cats at play will keep the mice away - but make a mess of the office :D hope the mouse goes out of the house so that you don't have to deal with it.
I hope today you have a wonderful day - stay warm

Mom is still in the hospital. she is so bored. dd younger is doing well taking care of her; unfortunately the nurse who gives her her meds complained that dd shouldn't have brought her into the hospital bc her heart rate was just 150. My brother also complained - all I could say was that it was on my orders to bring mom in as she was very dizzy - I figure if she didn't bring her in then they would complain. It's always easy to be a back seat quarterback when things are happening.

HELLO DO EVERYONE.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:13 pm

I got myself moving and got to the store and now I just want to sit! At the bakery, I let myself buy more than we need. They have such beautiful cookies and things!

I need to restart, realized I didn't feed dog earlier. :oops: :oops:

Forty-five minutes to TOTH working on a.m. routine.

Ten inches of snow! Wow, bw2!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:16 pm

today's goals:

clean the oven - it's ready to be washed out
exercise
learn
read
put away :D
15 minute room by room - difficult jobs first what's left: 3 season room, basement, garage (5 min jobs)
no spending for the rest of month - hoping, planning and keeping my fingers crossed.
talk to dh/dd's re: taxes

I think I mentioned that the master gardener program has renewed my class.

write d aunt and then cousins.
dog play and training
stretch
make dinner early.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:09 pm

How wonderful that you'll do the master gardener class again, bw2! I think that's what you mean, at least.

I'll follow you with today's goals:

-be ready for guests at six p.m. for dinner. Two adults plus maybe two little ones, I can't remember how old, but less than five?
-make challah
-swish and swipe bathrooms
-remember to water aloe plants on my stairwell window (facing south, they really love it there.)
-will s2s later and fluff hair
-what else?

Dinner menu:
charcuterie type board, cheese, crackers, nuts, grapes
Lasagne
Mac & cheese in freezer to cook in microwave if kiddos come
Strawberries/blueberries fruit salad if kiddos need it
Green salad
challah

Dessert:
cake bites and covered oreos
fruit salad

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:33 pm

--
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:42 pm

what a lovely dinner d twins!!!

yes, it is the master gardener class. Last year was a wash and I didn't expect they would allow me to take the class again; especially without paying for it again.
----------------

oven is sprayed with oven cleaner - normally I don't use chemicals but I kept putting off cleaning the oven. I tie heavy work to cleaning the oven chemical free. The spray is sitting there doing the work and I will just have to rinse it off.

worked in laundry room for 15 minutes
It "seems" that working on 15 minutes a room is helping my home feel under control (as much as it can :lol: )

--------------------
timer on again. Next kitchen 15 minutes

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:05 pm

I am checking in okay, Overnite temps. are records for some north of us
F. -7 was the forecast I woke up to -2 after the sun was up then it dropped to -4 now up to 0.
I've been doing some journaling and had my bfast at 9:30.
Got food out for my choices later on the counter.
Water is heating on the stove for moisture and I put it down the drain for just in case.
Helps with the dryness and low humidity too.
Slept well I have my purple sweats & light blue long sleeve tee on today still in my slippers.
Waving!
I think we have another storm coming in this weekend.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”