Keep it Sunny Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Keep it Sunny Saturday

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:16 pm

Checking in...

I've been very tired these last few days and haven't done much around here. Been falling asleep around 3 in the afternoon and very unlike me to nap. Plus I am falling asleep at a much earlier time at night. Last night I slept for 11 hours!!!

Anyway, I've been working on things that needed to be done with my computer. I finally got the laundry started and have two more loads to go. I do fine until the afternoon hits so we shall see about later today. I was so tired last night I didn't join my friends for our monthly karaoke fun.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:05 pm

(((RR))) Did you get the 3 migraine shots on Thursday?

I am in a slow mode. We have a rare few days with minimum activities and I'm trying my best to slow down and take advantage of the change of pace.

DH went to Men's breakfast this morning and brought home some foods that was extra = Biscuits, gravy, bacon, sausage links and eggs. I had already started cooking Monkey Bread so we had that also.

I made another pot of Pantry Minestrone soup this morning. This is the 3rd time this week that I've made this soup. I might have an addiction to it.

Twins - you have a winning menu plan IMHO.

Last Wednesday we had about 100 kids in line to eat. We said the prayer and then told the kids "If you want soup then stay in this line. If you only want Mac and Cheese then you can go directly to the far table and be served there." There was an immediate mass exit from the main food line and all but 7 kids went for the mac/cheese. I made sure the kids knew they could get both the soup and mac/cheese but they were only interested in mc and desserts. Ohs well - the adults enjoyed the many varieties of soup.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:20 pm

LM I have soup as one of my options today. I just took a meat pie out of the oven mostly for the heat.
The are asking us to conserve on natural gas as supply issues came up.
I'd already decided to keep the temp. at the nite setting lower that my usual day settingso layering up clothes.
Sitting with a blanket while my phone charges up has me behind on my step count so far today.
I did do a walk about in the basement that helps.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:43 pm

hello again.
still working on the 15 minutes and other things.

hi d Nancy - soup is always on my mind! I am sorry the natural gas is being an issue!
I am glad you have space to walk int he basement when it is this cold.

hi d lady! it's good that you had time to slow down for a couple days

how nice that your dh belongs to a men's group d lady! I want that for dh but it's not his thing. I think they would really like him.
soup is always on my mind in winter - good for you!
Mac and cheese is a comfort food for all ages; isn't it!

hi d rose I wonder if the weather is hitting you. I found that the day before the winter storm - headaches and weather are linked for me as well. . praying you feel better.
--------------------------
Next:
work on the 3 season room only 5 minutes :D
5 minutes in the garage :D
powder room work 15 minutes :D
put away laundry upstairs 15 minutes room by room as well. :D
(basement is the only work not done.)

close the flu bc of the bitter cold coming this way :D done.
upstairs is too hot for me - dh has temp at 71 - it's hotter upstairs.

next: put on humidifier

do you know how much I want to build a snowman :D - I know it's not safe for me but it sounds like so much fun. :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:06 pm

successfully started both rigs and let them run I backed them out away from the car port and let em run 10-15 min. 15 bc it's been so cold. Brushed snow off the one rig.

Had my lunch.
Did the dishes & let both kids know I started my rigs.
Dishes need put away in a while.
Watched a planning vid. for insp.
working on some ideas and lists.

Have gotten my steps up to the half way part at 2 p m today / got up late and the cold was a factor.
We have clouds now and it's warmed up to +7 f.
Trying to decide gazelle or stat bike for some more movement.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:50 pm

d Nancy well done on starting the rigs (especially with the cold coming!!!)
whatever you decide to do will be perfect for you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:59 pm

had an apple with some d'affinois cheese (not much) but now I feel too full for dinner.

moms/dd Youngers buildings elevators are not working now for three days - trouble started two months ago but the building committee wanted to do other work thinking the elevators would be okay - the elevators had been dropping or people have been getting stuck. Three days ago all the elevators had to be shut down in the condo.

dd younger had to pick up mom from the hospital now has to get her up 7 flights of stairs. My mom is extremely agile and strong but mom had been in the hospital for her higher heart rate which is fine now.
dd younger is talking to dd older with d mom as they go up one flight of stairs at a time. (putting on a movie or talking to her in between).
praying it works out.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:37 pm

good night everyone

mom walking 7 flights - no problem! Amazing!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:19 pm

cold temps here 8* was our hi. today. I should not have skipped a day starting the rigs up will be doing that again tomorrow.
16* F. is our hi Sun. worst will be over this weekend snow mid week. Climbing out of the deep freeze gradually.
I did some walking in place marching around the house upstairs.
Dinner is in the oven.
Got the last batch of dishes put away.
Fed the ddoggo she played out side on her own in the back yard briefly the neighbor dogs were out too.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:28 am

Hey, all! Glad to hear your mom is doing better and got home safely, blessed!

It has not been too cold here, but it has been, as my kids say, “heckin’ wimdy” (yes, with an “m”). Our power went out twice today for about an hour each time. There were two good things: the first is that the power came back just in time for us to see our local football team get their butts kicked :( , and the second was that DH’s Scoutmaster canceled tonight’s party for the adults affiliated with the troop and their spouses. I was not looking forward to going. I have thought less of the Scoutmaster since last year’s party, when he used a political slur I found offensive. It was in his own house, and he’s entitled to his own opinion, but, like I said, I think less of him now. It’s a bit awkward, as I’m friends with his wife.

The temperature is dropping now. It is supposed to continue dropping all day tomorrow with temperatures in the teens or less until Wednesday afternoon. And the wind is not supposed to lessen much until Monday. Tomorrow will be a bit nippy! Stay as warm as you can, wherever you are! (And if you can do that without trying, I envy you! ;) )
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Return to “Post When You Can”