Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Sunday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:11 pm

I have tracked my sleeping for the past 3 years. I record the daily amount of sleep and average it monthly. I was surprised to see thatI consistently average sleeping about an hour more a night (30 hours more a month) during the winter months. Now that I have that information I don't think much about sleeping more during these winter months because I know it is my normal.

I have been somewhat successful in intentionally reducing my activity for the 3rd day in a row. I can feel my energy level rising and wanting to get busy doing things but I keep distracting myself with nonsense so I will stay with reduced activity. One more day and then I will return to normal activities. Work hard, play hard, rest easy.

Regular church activities and board meeting have been canceled tonight due to the cold. DS15 just left to go play games at youth minister home.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:59 pm

I just finished sending the mass emails out.

So, I guess it was a productive day although I'll be in bed VERY late (it will take me another 30 minutes.)

But from my original list:

* church Done!

* write and send residents' association newsletter Done!

* pay bills Done!

* a walk outside (it is sunny today) Done!

* Filing (and possibly setting up a better note-taking system for all my church 'issues' I'm dealing with now, info comes at me from email, phone calls, conversations, and meetings. I have no good way of capturing it into one place so I can not lose track of things. I sense this needs 'project management' but I don't want it to be on my computer because I am not resisting jumping into games or scrolling through mindless sites, or starting up a tv show while sitting here.

* (if there's time) repotting a ton of plants and starting new ones from cuttings Not done but bag of soil brought up from the storage locker, so task 'started'.

Dh added the visit from a neighbour which was 30 minutes and the singing which was 90 minutes. So those are added to my productivity as well.

Tomorrow will be the filing and the planting, and then the weekly house blessing.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:25 am

Yesterday afternoon the young man came with takeout (I declined, but it was a nice thought). I was called into discussion several times regarding the odds and ends of wedding planning. I bought their postage stamps online for them, with an eye to wedding/love stamps.

Off and on I was able to also enjoy prayer meeting while still listening for their "what do you think of this" questions.

This morning, I S2Sed earliest, so that I would be "out of the way" for dd26. Morning worship was great, very meaningful.

Then dd26 trimmed my hair, thank goodness. I'd gone too long.

She and I went to grocery and stayed a long time in the produce section - kept thinking of one more thing. She is planning her meals for the week trying to eat well.

Back home, we made our poblano and pineapple meal and watched "You Are What You Eat - the Twins Study" on Net flix. We just started and got almost through the first episode. So interesting to meet all the twins. She had no idea it was available yet, so I was, for once, the well-informed one, lol. I stopped watching, too, when she had to get to bed for her early day tomorrow. I know I'll enjoy it more with her and she wants to see.

blessed, I'm so glad to know your dmother is out of the hospital. I think the decision to take her to the hospital made sense, and if she turned out to be better than might have been, it's all to the good.

We all do the best we can with the information we have at the time.

Elevator actually dropping? Yipes

LadyM and Ramblin'
- sleep thoughts... .. I find that there is less regularity in my recuperation during sleep these days. Part of this is based on my somewhat-smart watch (garmin), which HRH discounts and finds suspicious. Some of it just how I feel. I awaken refreshed when I thought I had a restless night; kinda subdued when I don't remember any particular restlessness. The watch IS sometimes unreliable - it will give me a different reading if placed on the other arm, for instance. May need replacing.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:52 am

Things are better here today, health-wise.

Our snow, so far, is a big nothing. Some ice on the car, but so far… we’ve got all kinds of comfort food stocked up, and it’s just going to be COLD.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”