Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Sunday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:45 pm

We have snow coming mid week.
A bit of tummy issue today.
I need to at least start the rigs like
i did yesterday.
------
Napped.
Cran-juice & diet soda helped my tummy.
Yea they started and I did that!
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:56 pm

hope your stomach feels better fast d Nancy!

good morning d lady
it's nice they told you ahead of time about the babies not coming in.
enjoy your day!
I have to admit my temp acceptance is different than yours - I don't mind 10 to 75/80 degrees - 82 to 83 is the most I can do. 85 is too much! lol
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:24 pm

my minestrone meat ball and pasta soup is finishing up. I will let you know how it turns out - I changed up the recipe as I light a bit of tomato paste and a little bit of red wine added to my soup. I took the meat balls from Pittsburg wedding soup and added it along with pasta that cooks for 13 minutes

I will see if the family likes it. I was going to make scones but I am not sure right now. I think I want to clean up and then see how I feel.

mom is dizzy but feisty! dd younger left a message for doctor.
but boy she zoomed up those stairs yesterday.
Keeping fingers crossed that the part works on the elevator.

next clean up.
soup is good - time to turn on timer for 15 minutes and see what I can get done in kitchen
play with dogs bc they are so bored bc they can't go outside

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:06 pm

DMillie has been quite upset at me - dh walked her a lap this morning but she remembered that I hadn't. Just now walked her three laps and now she's out in the back yard. I wonder if she remembers seeing snow? She doesn't like to go out when the ground is wet but she will go out to walk.

I went and got my COVID shot at noon. I hadn't had one since last June altho I had COVID in August. Felt like it was time, and I have the next two days quiet up to my workout on Tuesday at two. We're supposed to have dinner out with V and A tomorrow night but it's close and I've missed seeing them. I doubt I would feel bad enough to not go, and I doubt that roads would be bad enough to make it difficult. (Altho - they live on the lower slope of a mountain and their little road is straight up.)

Dh has gone to his office to get his laptop computer in case he wants to work from home on Tuesday. He's always worked at least some on the MLK holiday - appointments with clients who are off work - but isn't now. I can't get used to him not working on most these Monday holidays now. He's definitely slowing down toward retirement.

Our temp will be dropping all day and snow showers are "supposed" to begin late in the evening/early morning.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:11 pm

I've been working on hot spots. Moved the huge table in the library so it can't be seen from the door any more. Makes the entire house look so much better. But now I have piled all kinds of things on the table.

The island is more than 50% clear and clean. Dh has a bad habit of not wiping up messes.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:45 pm

waving hi to d mystery

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:06 pm

oh no I am starting to get sucked down the rabbit hole with the computer. shut it down!

waving hi -

Xmas village is put away - dd finished putting them on the shelf.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:53 pm

Blessed: you are setting a good example for us!

Church went quite well but I had 5 people who made it a point to seek me out to talk. That means I'm put my head up too much and am now becoming visible at church. Oh well, being invisible was good for the few years it lasted. I also added another church meeting to my week, so that makes 3.

Dh added a meeting this afternoon to my to-do list so that was at 1:30. I raced around between church and that, eating a quick lunch, then tidying like crazy. Also finished a load of laundry (I threw things into the washer before I left for church.

Dh finished the work I needed for the newsletter but that led to me suggesting we sing through the lyric package before I send the email announcing availability for download (this is for the singalong this week.) That will add an hour to my to-do list.

We got the walk in. It is cold but due to the wind, our windchill is LadyM's outside temp right now.

I've brough the soil up from the storage room to do the replanting.

I also read all the Christmas newsletter sent to us this year while I ate breakfast and lunch and I read the prologue to the next novel I'm reading (a light mystery.)

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:53 pm

Well I slept well last night and got 9 hours of sleep. This tiredness started before my tummy shots so know that that was not the cause. Have no idea why but I’m not nearly as tired as I have been

I went to the grocery store … it’s cloudy, rainy and cold but just in the low 60’s and I’m ok with that.

Came home, put away my groceries and ended up deep cleaning both my refrigerator and freezer. Then I did some work on my three up kitchen cabinets and reorganized them. From there I ended up in my pantry and did the same for it.

Finally sat down and am soaking my feet as I watch the football game

I’m done for the day I think :D:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:14 pm

dd called we had a good talk she had gotten some upsetting news of her s/o's family.
But we were able to talk of other lighter topics and laugh a bit.
Snow did not amount to more than just a few flakes.
I am feeling better so that helps had a bit of lunch & washed up the dishes I used afterwards.
Ddoggo wanted me to take her out to p. did that.
Up to 13* now our high temp. for the day I think.
Snowing in the south now I see.

Return to “Post When You Can”