Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Sunday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:49 am

I'm not in a creative mood today.

Make of today whatever you like and come and share your progress, your worries, your challenges, your joys.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sunday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:09 am

I'm not feeling creative today and I'm not doing the things I need to do, either.

Hard work is the accumulation of easy things that you didn't do when you should have.

So I'm piling hard work on to myself, seeing it happening but not doing better when I know better. Sigh....

I think I have it in me to be productive today if I could skip church but that won't be happening because many smaller things might get cleared up easily if I go to church. Even if they don't, I'll be better prepared for my Thursday and Friday meetings. I do look forward to the week I can come home from church with a church bulletin that doesn't have a half dozen notes on it! Or at least those notes being things from the sermon that I want to further explore (as oppose to fact check or use as an example of what isn't going correctly with the new minister.) The worship committee has been 'assigned' two chairs since we didn't have one (we have opted to run without one for past 6 weeks and it has gone incredibly well with us all working to pull our weight rather than letting the chair handle everything.) Unfortunately, this is not a good thing.

My todo list:

* church

* write and send residents' association newsletter

* pay bills

* a walk outside (it is sunny today)

* Filing (and possibly setting up a better note-taking system for all my church 'issues' I'm dealing with now, info comes at me from email, phone calls, conversations, and meetings. I have no good way of capturing it into one place so I can not lose track of things. I sense this needs 'project management' but I don't want it to be on my computer because I am not resisting jumping into games or scrolling through mindless sites, or starting up a tv show while sitting here.

* (if there's time) repotting a ton of plants and starting new ones from cuttings

Looking at my planner, I have Monday and Tuesday open but they will be housework and prep for W, Th, & Fri. On the 'looking forward' front, Wednesday night is a sing-along and people keep telling me they are coming so it will be busy setting up for it, but an enjoyable evening.

Yesterday's Stuff Exchange went well. I took down a wagon full and brought back a wagon full of items, including a puff jacket, two sweaters, a plant stand, a drawer organizer, and an African tote bag that I love. Everything but the drawer organizer is put away. I had to bring back one of the plants I took down to give away. I'll plant that for myself and use it on the balcony in the spring. I will be skipping on most balcony plants this year because I may not be around to water them (because of the cottage rental.)

Now to s2s and eat something before church.

We received only 8" from yesterday's snow storm plus some freezing rain. There is snow in the forecast for Tuesday night but only an inch so nothing to think about.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:15 am

-10 this morning - a brisk way to start the day!

thank you d Kathryn for starting us! Happy Sunday!
enjoy church!
it sounds like you have a plan for this week - good for you!
hope this week is all you want it to be!

our gate to the back garden is snowed in; dogs are unable to play in the big space - I just couldn't keep the gate open at night with the coyotes coming through our back area. it's not a huge yard in the back but very dark - all the houses have continual lawn (no fences) starting in the woods all the way through the areas.

today's hope besides the dailies:
personal day
planning day
soup day
bake one item - hoping for scones
ask dd older to put a few things in the crawl space - our crawl space is empty so I don't mind the few things in there (Christmas).
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:06 pm

CI
F. +3 / +13 today's temp. range Mon. up one degree posibley.
I baked ground sausage to have with my egg & toast 1 slice cr. che. & guac. for bfast today.
Got in the shower last nite.
two layers on today slippers on still.
qt & Journaling pretty much done.
Needlework & handicrafts on my mind might be a good plan.
Soup day here is a definite possibility.
Thinking of you all.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:13 pm

hi d Nancy - you having warmer temps gives me hope - what you get first is what we get later in the week.
breakfast sounds great
Sunday is soup day and baking one thing day for us.
glad you are nice and cozy in the two layers of cloths
needle work/crafts sound like fun.
Thinking of you two.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:15 pm

hi see d cathy and d twins

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:17 pm

Hi.

I spent most of yesterday snuggled up in bed reading. It was cold and really windy, so I hibernated. I also had a nap at some point. All that resting and reading didn't help when it was time to try to sleep. I wasn't tired, so I was up until close to 2 a.m. trying to sleep.

It's another cold and windy day here. We have a slight trace of snow,, but not enough to make a snowball.

I was going to make chili, but lacked anything with tomatoes in it. So I will be making meatloaf for supper instead.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:23 pm

I slept late - until 10 or so, but didn't go to sleep until late. Our company left about 9:30 but I needed some me time (quiet reading in bed) for awhile and stayed up too late. I'm getting a COVID shot in 45 minutes so I'm finishing up my breakfast now.

I have a busier week, although it's not crazy busy. And I'd love to see snow this week - forecast is 2 to 4 inches with ice. We're in the city, tho, and they do a good job of preparing roads. And if I don't want to go out, I don't have to.

Dh is bowling tonight.

We had a good time last night and really enjoyed being with this couple. No kiddos - glad they had an adult night out and it would have been wild with kids here. Would have been fun to see them.
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:27 pm

HI d twins. good for you on sleeping in. how nice to read in bed and enjoy the quiet.
I hope you get the snow you want!

hi d cathy reading in bed and snuggled up - what a delight.

HAVE A GREAT REST OF YOUR DAY EVERYONE!
----------------------------------------
played find the duck toy with dogs
then they went outside and within one minute they were limping bc of the cold. They want to play outside but can't handle it.

listened to garden answer highlights
listened to services

I have the oven on to make some scones (and it will heat up the kitchen for a minute)
next: meds, figure out what soup I want to make.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:48 pm

Good morning

Kathryn - Thank you for opening the SHE village this morning.

I am continuing with my effort to intentionally slow down while the opportunity is available. I received text messages that my nursery babies and toddlers won't be at church today. DH and DS15 went to small group and worship service but I decided to stay home.

The thermostat says it is 68 inside but my body thinks it is freezing cold. I am wearing 4 layers of clothes and add a quilt when I sit down. I have no desire to go outside where it is more than 60 degrees colder than it is inside. I'm okay with outside temps 20F to 100F but don't like it when they are outside of that range.

The bread maker is busy and starting to fill the house with smells of baking bread. We have brisket, pork steak, rotisserie chicken and pantry minestrone soup ready to eat. I'll roast some little potatoes and fix a green salad. I noticed all the fruit salad is gone again so I will make another batch of that.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”