Weathering Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
MysteryWoman

Re: Weathering Monday PWYC

Postby MysteryWoman » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:55 pm

Good evening! Please tell me the furnace man has come, blessed! That’s just too cold for indoors! It is nice to have the fireplace available, though, isn’t it?

We had friends over to play games today, as they and DH all had the day off. We are playing the legacy edition of Ticket to Ride. Each play through builds on the previous, and it is getting more complicated as it goes along. It took us long enough to get back up to speed that we decided to get back together again Sunday after next.

DC finally came home after (too many, IMHO) days at their girlfriend’s. We had dinner, and then DD wanted to play an escape room game she’d gotten for Christmas. I kind of participated but not that much; I was tired and it was chilly in the dining room. Now I’m sitting next to the fire and trying to convince myself to go to bed. There are big fluffy blankets up there but no fireplace. :)
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Weathering Monday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:11 am

I have cleaned the sinks swept up a bit in the kitchen. Found the cones from when dgs was here in the summer crushed them and will put them with oats & other grains for the birds. Rivers have frozen over for the most part here so not sure how the birds & other wild life are surviving. I have avoided games today. Not a lot of productivity on tasks and such but did clean up dishes after dinner and put away the crock pot and left over is in the pantry again now and I got the dishes put away.

Saw on the news where dgdson works in the collage town had burst water pipes and was closed till repairs are made. He was home at his dad's I texted him about checking in to that.

Watching AGT for a bit.

Trash Day Tues. is coming for me I got the trash out so that is good.
Thinking of you gals Have a good nite.
+24* F. is our hi temp. for tomorrow. +7* our low we are at that now. Yea for warming temps.

Return to “Post When You Can”