Talk it over Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Talk it over Tuesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:10 am

sweet dreams all
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Re: Talk it over Tuesday PWYC

Postby lucylee » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:20 am

DGS and I had frozen pizza -- a brand I'd never tried but it promised "brick oven" crust, and it WAS very good.
DH ate chicken noodle soup.
I still need to wash a few dishes, but not too many. DH just remarked that I had been busy today, for a person who was snowed in. Well, yeah, I guess so. DS and I went in Walmart and spent a lot of time choosing the tv -- conferring with him in the truck via phone (he was kinda skittish about walking in the ice & slush.) Then we came home, and I did nothing but scroll on my phone while ds and his fil put the tv up... but after they left, I did spend 30-45 minutes vacuuming the main areas of the house. Still need to do our bedroom and bath. I cleaned dh's shower and dried it, s/s the toilet, and THEN I put a load of laundry in (it will be ready to tumble and hang to dry in about 10 minutes.) DGS and I cleaned up make that a QUICK PUPA of the main area of his bedroom. He had a ton of stuffed animals out -- they were students, along with me, while we played school. I got in trouble several times for using my phone. ;)
Anyway, it has been a full day.

Tomorrow we need to go back to Wmart, because apparently we cannot use our Directv remote to control the volume or the on/off of the new tv. Of course, there is only one remote in the package, and we like to have one on each side of the bed. LOL... I guess dh and I don't play well with others.

:?: BTW -- did anyone see my question earlier, about sending the basically useless laptop home with ds. I am really paranoid about them reading my "organized ladies" posts. I don't know why -- I can't imagine anything that would interest ddil LESS than a board I referred to as "organized ladies." :lol:
But I explained -- ds has taken the non-working laptop home. I never reset it to factory settings, but I did clear the browser history. He has my password for the laptop itself, but not for this site. So — y’all think my secrets are safe? (He knows I’m lucylee here, but not my password and unless it shows up in that history, he has no idea which “organized ladies” are MY organized ladies!

LadyM -- your ds (and your dd, as well) are both just growing up before our "eyes," and they are both pretty amazing!
(i]These years where fervent desire for independence clashing with underage reality can be a challenge for all of us.[/i]
Yep... I remember it well. 18 and 21 were especially straining. And we never had any reason to worry about ds... never a worry about drinking, grades, quality of friends, nothing like that all... but ohhh, how he wanted independence and I must admit, dh and I were kinda control-freak, helicopter parents. THAT is where you will do so well -- you have an amazing way of dealing with your children, and you will know just what to do when you need to step in. You never over-react about these things, like I often did.

I will save the instructions for cutting off the top of the corn plant, Twins... but I don't know if I'll ever have the courage to actually do it. Thanks for the encouragement though, to you and Kathryn.

I admire those of you who can make a menu plan for the week and cook at home and eat well. DH can't even plan more than two days in a row during an ice storm! When I was in Wmart, I asked him if he wanted me to get him anything -- told him I was getting a pizza, frozen lasagna, and some chips and salsa. He said, "No, don't worry about it, I've got tonight's supper and we'll go back tomorrow." He just cannot STAND to be "stranded" at home.
EVERYTHING is closed around here, except Wmart & KFC. I think Domino's is open for carry out, no deliveries. The one grocery store (aside from Wmart) was open, and CVS drug store was open. Wmart was really running on a bare-bones staff, though. There were VERY few people stirring around, that's for sure.
The roads will be no better tomorrow -- we're at 10 degrees right now ("feels like" -2) ) and the high tomorrow is supposed to be 21. Wednesday it should warm up to 32, and then up to 42 on Thursday. HOWEVER, we are supposed to get rain again Thursday, and the low temps W/Th are 15 and 23... so I don't know WHEN these kids will go back to school. Fri and Sat are freezing or below again for the high temps... and it's going to be below freezing every night until at least Monday -- according to my weather app. LOL -- I know this is sooo boring to all you Northerners, but it is fascinating to us here in the South. It is so unusual. I mean, it usually happens once a year, I guess... but usually doesn't last this long.
And I looked at my brother's weather in FL, and I just felt mad. :lol: :twisted: I have a cousin in Key West who was posting pics from down there, and I told him I was just jealous looking at all that.

Twins, I can relate to your loss of focus at certain times of day. And boy... if I call my dmom after supper time, she is about useless. I know if I need full concentration from her, I had better call early in the day. And I'm about the same way. I get sooo sleepy after I eat supper. It really doesn't seem to matter much what I eat, either. It's just a low part of my day.

I I know I'm leaving out a lot of folks -- waving to Nancy, blessed, Cathy, Mystery, Harriet --
I don't know who said it but someone mentioned -- today or yesterday -- that they were not keeping up with zones very well, and I just wanted to say THANK YOU for that admission. I just do not believe it is humanly possible for me to keep up with the correct zone each week. Too many interruptions in my daily events. Like Harriet, I think, I will keep my zone list, but instead of thinking "It's week three... I must be in room X..." I will just think, "I did room A last week, I'll go to room B this week. If possible."

Hope you all have a warm night and yes, sweet dreams, blessed! -- and a great day Wednesday!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”