Talk it over Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Talk it over Tuesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:43 pm

I am getting tired - geeze Louis!
I read x to xxiv from the King Arthur baking school - took notes
dh is doing the dishes in the sink
I emptied out the dw

worked on introduction of garden class. Interesting both the negative (lands taken from Native Americans) and positive affects of (spreading education across the country) - the creation of the Land-Grant universities - Morrill act of 1862, part 2 of the Morrell act of 1890 and the Smith Lever act.

I could take a nap but I will stop reading and get to work on the I don't wanna's
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:44 pm

lovely dinner d cathy
stay warm!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:48 pm

Blessed, I keep a calendar on the fridge and write in the meals for the month. They aren't exact, more a guideline and are certainly not set in stone. But they help make sure leftovers are planned. The running grocery list is also on the fridge door so as I create the meal plan, I can cross reference with the the freezer inventory on the fridge door and create a grocery list of items to watch to come on sale. Currently, the inventory is way out of date. That's another zone chore I haven't been doing regularly enough (and dh doesn't cross items off when he takes them from the freezer).

Filing is a long process and I started with the least important task, going through the grocery bag of Residents' Association files I brought up from the RA's locker last November. It has sat beside my desk for the past 2 months. As well, I emptied out all the RA stuff in the cabinet to my desk and combined the good stuff from the locker in with my existing historical files. I now have one binder of information that predates me. Going through old minutes, I saw that 3 of the people at a meeting 20 years ago are still here. They used to run the RA, now they are just members.

The living room is still a mess from this process but I feel great knowing so many papers are leaving the apartment.

Ds called. I have dgs2.75 overnight from Thursday to Friday. I have meetings both those days but that's ok, dh will cover for me with dgs. I do need to change the meal plan for Thursday night, though.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:54 pm

Homeschool is finally over. Most days are not as challenging as today. Afterwards DS15 apologized for being a "ungrateful teenage brat". These years where fervent desire for independence clashing with underage reality can be a challenge for all of us. DS15 is developing into a rather awesome young man and is a joy to be around 98% of the time. I just hope he doesn't get overwhelmed by foolishness.

I asked DH what he prefers I cook, and he immediately chose Manwich. It is the easiest dish to assemble so IMHO that was a win-win.

We called THE MAN and was advised to pour hot water over the septic system sprayers. Three gallons of hot water later.....the septic system is thawed enough to start working again. The dishwasher and washing machine are back in action.

The temperature outside has risen to 24F which feels almost pleasant combined with the bright sunshine and no wind. I have returned to my frequent trips outside to get hourly steps accomplished. Being outside in the garden (even though the ground is frozen) is my happy place.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:55 pm

Ugh. Twenty two degrees and feels like twelve. Restaurant is again closed so I'll make soup for tonight.

I need to go out soon and walk the ddog!

I've been puttering away at genealogy. Not feeling like I'm getting very far today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:06 pm

Up to 20* here I am considering sweeping off the deck again before the next snow event.
Had lunch. The house is quiet now.
Got my eggs peeled after cooling em out sade.

Just watched a vid. a guy was winter camping lost his key to the rig,
:idea:
called his mom as his dad had picked it up and drove it to hem when it was bought.
They knew it had a hide a key so mom saved the day viz phone call.
Then later they saw on vid. where the 1st key fell off the ring and found it!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:46 pm

I am just so thankful for electricity and hot running water.
I have a frozen pizza in thd oven for dgs and myself. DH has already eaten a sandwich and bag of chips, says he will have a bowl of soup later.

We have spent basically the entire day with ds, dgs, and ds’ fil.
Last night our bedroom tv died. We now have a 70” tv and ds and his Fil came over and mounted it on the wall. It is a LOT bigger than the one we had… whew…

And ds has taken the non-working laptop home. I never reset it to factory settings, but I did clear the browser history. He has my password for the laptop itself, but not for this site. So — y’all think my secrets are safe? (He knows I’m lucylee here, but not my password and unless it shows up in that history, he has no idea which “organized ladies” are MY organized ladies!

I still need to vacuum and do another load of laundry, but Christmas is put away FINALLY, and we have clean sheets on the bed.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:12 pm

You know, I feel like my focus this time of the day is so bad that I can't even get a decent supper together for us. I was going to make soup but them remembered that dh had commented that he had soup for lunch yesterday and for supper, so I got out a meatloaf and it didn't thaw enough and is still going in the oven with a sweet potato. I'm afraid this won't be ready until ????

I nearly lost my mind with the ddog barking about this and that too and dh got home before I expected.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:58 pm

I napped after sweeping the patio & deck off.
got the jeep going.
I will do the truck tomorrow.

My menu is per week
chicken
beef
pork
fish
bfast for dinner
Easy peasey.
Left overs or make ahead freezer meal.

I have had my dinner and need to wash a dish up,
Soup tonight really hit the spot.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:49 pm

Dh loved that I cooked dinner and it was one of our new favourites, leftover chicken casserole. In this case I had frozen 2c of chicken one time when we had a Costco chicken but wouldn't get to the leftovers and so I just had to quickly assemble and put in the oven. The kitchen was so cleaned up from the simple 'cooking' that when he walked into the kitchen there was no clue what we would be having, he had to look in the oven to see.

He did the cleanup for me and I headed off to my meeting. Only my second in person evening meeting since Jan 2020. Most of my meetings are on zoom and to be honest I prefer it. Unfortunately, the minister thought it was on zoom and lives far away so was very late for the meeting.

The living room is still trashed but I'm pleased with the progress I made on paperwork today. Tomorrow I'll make some more but also have 4 errands to run. Dh will help me with those (as loading the bed frame we are donating into the car is one of the errands.)

Return to “Post When You Can”