Wintry Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Wintry Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:44 pm

I'm done with the zoom mentoring but something is still beeping. :roll: I'm taking dog out for a walk now, while she still can.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:50 pm

enjoy your walk d twins.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:51 pm

Waving at d Kathryn and d Nancy as well.

oh my goodness I sat or an hour raising chickens on paper and not doing that well either.

timer set for 15 minutes. I want to be lazy.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:06 pm

DH volunteered to take DS15 to his music lesson today. It usually happens on Monday but they asked to switch it to today because of problems heating the studio in the bitter cold. After 5 days of below freezing, we are back to our normal winter weather. Our temps will reach 48 today.

I am doing well with hourly SHE cards and keeping social media from consuming my time. Making changes short term is fairly easy, but doing it consistently is the challenge for me. I started the day with a huge stack of SHE cards in my pocket. After 5 hours the stack is reduced by almost half. #Progress

I am making a triple batch of mac/cheese for tonight's meal with our church family. January soup theme is great for adults but not a kid favorite.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:23 pm

The truck came by picking up recycling and I tore back to the house and got ours out, then tore across the way to flag the truck down. The very kind driver came back for ours so it's emptied! Garbage is still out from yesterday but the announcement then said to leave to leave it out until they picked up. When I saw the truck I was surprised it was getting recycling - today is the usual day.

Beep is still going and ddog is still freaking out. She's outside in the sun now. She had gone upstairs earlier to get away from the beep but I don't think she would go up there if the noise was coming from there. I'll change the other one downstairs, just in case. I've checked the water heater - no error message there - and the dog invisible fence which beeps when it's off.

I also started up the car and moved it into the sun. Let it run awhile then knocked/scraped off the windshield and top, what I could reach. Drove around the block to knock some of the snow off the top, then backed it so the other side is closed to low in the sky sun.

Some of our roads have been treacherous, Harriet. We're in the city, maybe 1/2 mile off a main road which is treated. Heading downtown, it passes dh's office. Going to the vet this afternoon is the opposite direction, but I'm sure it's well cleared and treated. Things are melting and drying up today.

Ddog needs meds again soon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:56 pm

I am glad you are out of the freeze zone - hope the warm weather helps your pipes d lady!
yay on your cards!
enjoy the time with church!!!!

what a nice man to come back to pick up recycling d twins
hope the beeping stops
praying the sunshine burns off the ice

hi d Nancy! praying you don't get the rain in with that cold temp.
I love days where I can play with hand work.
enjoy your writing day
hope you can get back to your sewing soon.

hi d Kathryn enjoy your errands be safe as you drive.

hi d everyone.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:58 pm

I am on my third 15 minutes - after next 15 minutes I will play with the dogs. "find that duck"
I made baked oatmeal for the rest of this week.

my mind is getting off track. I will pull cards and do an anti procrastination job that I really don't want to do.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:14 pm

Our one frozen pipe hasn't thawed yet. Hopefully it didn't burst when frozen. There are several friends posting pictures of their water pipes spewing water inside their house after the pipes froze and were thawed.

I cooked a bag of frozen Honey BBQ chicken nuggets in the air fryer. It doesn't rank high on being healthy food but it is a favorite of DH and DS15.

I am finding myself enjoying doing the room cards. I seek those SHE cards out in the stack because I get to be creative in deciding what I will do. Will I declutter something in the room? Or will I deep clean something in the room? Will I decide there is something I want to change or improve in the room? Hum...or I could also choose to inventory something in the room. I have done about half the rooms in the house today and find the quick progress to be motivating.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:26 pm

I do not want rain as it will mix and be to slickery worse than snow.
Snow in the night it predicted of and on keep seeing it be pushed back.
TBH is is nerve wracking. sigh.

Ex. CI ~
Okay driveway is done & I warmed up, heading out for snow removal on the deck. then warm up before doing the patio.
did sweep the deck, used shovel on the patio done. No new snow or rain today so far they keep pushing it back.
Lunch is in the oven.

I have been on the verge of weepy for good reason with loss of fav. uncle this week.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:02 pm

I am so sorry your friends are having problems with bursting pipes
so frustrating d Lady
I love that you find creative ways to use your card file.

hope the ice won't be a problem for you as well d Nancy!
well done on your work
hope the weather doesn't give you stress.
----------------------
dogs have been played with.

I am on the last of the soup from Sunday; having it for lunch. I made a small smoothie out of leftover fruit. (note to self - buy: plain yogurt, unsalted butter, ciabatta bread for sandwiches for tomorrow.

I am having a bit of a weepy day for no reason. I am happy-- but weepy. it doesn't make sense but it is what it is. I might do some learning to help me feel good. I do have the I don't wanna's but know that putting things off will make me feel worse.
I will try to fix this feeling with 15 minutes work - anti procrastination work and then time for learning for fun or writing letter to d cousins and d aunt (also fun).

---------------------

Return to “Post When You Can”