Wintry Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Wintry Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:33 am

It's still winter! Ugh!

Share you plans to cope with the weather and world for this wintry day!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Wintry Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:52 am

Our shower was fine late yesterday afternoon but is frozen now. Have water on but nothing moving, trying to get it going again. It's on the north side of the house and I'll bet the water line goes through that north wall. Anyway, the high today will hopefully be thirty-two and that will help!

I can't believe ddog is on our screened porch on the couch. At least the ground isn't so crunchy this a.m. because it's just frozen hard.

Today I have a Zoom at eleven, and later the dog to the vet at 4:30. I must remember to drug her up well. She really does not do well at the vet and I've been dreading it. And dh is out of the evening, assuming the temple doesn't cancel its program tonight.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:00 am

Good morning, Twins'. Your area was on news here today saying difficult driving conditions. We don't usually hear much about you, so my ears perked up. Hope the rising temp makes a difference for that shower.

Only 16 degrees here, could be much colder so this is actually good news, especially since there is no precip.

The three older children called yesterday to check on us and dd43 took our trash for us because she said it was so windy that she was concerned I would have had an earache if I happened to be the one to do it. (True that I do have that history with wind.) Dstepson checked wellhouse lightbulbs and replaced a spigot cover. Overnight, HRH left some household faucets dripping, but as someone here said yesterday, don't they always have a little drip somewhere, lol. He also ordered extra wellhouse bulbs. I need to remind to order another spare spigot cover. Ds and I agreed that last night wasn't the night to worry about; it will be by the weekend when night after night has been about the same temp.

Yesterday "supper" at my kitchen table was the tasting for the wedding food (HRH and I literally tasted - dd25 and the young man actually ate). It was a mixed review, but on the important points both dd25 and the young man found that it ticked their individual boxes and so the caterer is settled. It was their 9th "anniversary" of their first date, I think. Of course, in early days they were not realizing that the other was "the one".

Today my declutter will concentrate on the sewing task at hand and being convenient, ready for that.

lucylee, yes, I definitely consider Focus as a rotation WITH a target, and if I get off target, that's okay because it is just that - a target. I'm aiming, but not beating myself up if there isn't a bullseye on some chore hope that - let's be honest - no one knows about but me. I'd rather not "lap" myself, lol, but I certainly have at times, and I just get back in the race and continue like nothing happened. ;)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:20 am

Good morning

LucyLee - there are too many variables and unknowns to determine if a laptop is secure. I tend to lean on the side of "if someone wants your information they will find a way to get it." Ask yourself does anyone want to read your thoughts and obtain your information enough to spend the time and effort investigating your online activities?

DS15 saw DD47 on Jan 2nd when we went on rescue mission for her broken vehicle. This morning DD47 spent 15 minutes with DD12 including taking her to school. I am assuming this is probably it for January contact with her kids. God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I am having to be intentional in gearing back up to normal activities. It would be easier to just stay in lollygagging mode. Social media can easily make time evaporate and become addictive. I am struggling to do what I know is right one hour at a time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:54 am

Vet's office called to change the appointment to 2 p.m. for dMillie, which works for me. We conferenced on meds for her for the vet. She's already upset about intermittent beeping from a smoke detector and is in our closet. So they advised to give her meds now for the beeping and again at 12:30. And it's okay to borrow a Zanax from dfriend M (for Ruby) and give her 1 mg instead of the Trazadone at 12:30.

I changed out the battery in the smoke detector that I think is beeping. Waiting to see if the other one chimes in. The two are close together, one just inside bedroom and the other in the hallway as one enters from the garage. I tried to call dh to check in - I think he changed one recently - but he didn't answer. We really need to change all of these all at one time on a schedule instead of waiting for them to start beeping. There's only two on this level, but at least four upstairs. (Dh called back and says he changed batteries in both of the downstairs ones recently. Waiting to see.) Checked the garage and not the hot water heater either. :roll:

Zoom in just a few minutes.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:59 am

One thing is for certain. It's January.

Windy. Very cold. Sunny. Brrr...

Dh had an appointment with his heart doctor this morning. Now he has lab work this Friday. His podiatrist called today and he has an appointment with her next Tuesday afternoon.

It's Wednesday, so I need to sweep and mop the floors and water all of the plants.

We are ordering a pizza for supper. We just happened to get a parking spot in front of a pizza place when we went to the doctor appointment.

His weight is slightly down. His blood pressure is high. I don't think pizza is a good choice, but he is determined to continue to eat things that aren't good for him.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:04 pm

it's 8 degrees and is supposed to get to 14 degrees - wa hoo!
The blankets come down today and the space heater in the kitchen goes back to dh - he is my coldy locks

Happy day to all of you!

hi d twins! I am sorry it is frozen!!!
hope it melts soon!
stay safe when you are outside!
hope vet visit isn't too traumatizing for her and it all goes well.

hi d harriet
stay warm!
what wonderful children you have!
happy decluttering with working on a sewing task.

hi d lady!
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

d cathy stay warm! hope your dh has a good dr.appointment this morning. praying his bp goes back to normal.

It would be easier to just stay in lollygagging mode. Social media can easily make time evaporate and become addictive. I am struggling to do what I know is right one hour at a time.
thank you for putting into words what I, also, feel at times.

hello dear everyone!!!!

I have heat but dh has gone too far - Balance! I told him it was hot today and he was so happy! (wait until I sneak in to fix the thermostat)

heading over to my cards and start my work
hoping to go to the store to get bird seed.

dh's temporary cap came off and he is waiting for the dentist to call. He drives my car in the winter so I may have to wait until he hears from the dentist.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:06 pm

hi d rose
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:24 pm

Twins: for smoke alarms you are to change the batteries every year during the time change (you can pick spring or fall.) BUT smoke alarms have a best before date and start beeping towards the end of their life span to alert you to having to buy a new one. Life span before replacement is 10 years.

Heading out now for our errands. I'm up to 7 of them.

Sent a long email this morning. Updated my planner. Dh vacuumed the office and changed the bag.

As for coping with weather, for us it is winter, no 'coping' needed, just awareness and dress properly. It is 7 outside right now but really sunny. Coming back last night I hit heavy fog 2 blocks from home. It was the warmer water of the river hitting the cold air. This morning our view is stunning, All blue, white, and hints of greys. The fog created hoar frost which has covered the trees. It is the sort of day that the view arrests us and demands us to stop, look, and maybe take a picture.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:31 pm

CI ~ I slept hard till wake up time 5:30 with out truck noise up the st.
Only 1" new snow 18* what I got up 24* by this afternoon rain possible and snow again off and on till Thurs.
I took food out for wild birds put under the trailer b/c of snow possibly coming...
Need to wash my hair.
To be honest I just feel like sitting and playing with yarn.
It's my writing day.
Should shovel in a bit too at least the drive way but with more on the way waiting a while maybe noon.
The sun was nice yesterday it was cold.
Thinking of you all & waving.
I had planned to get to some sewing but other stuff is going on this week. sigh ...
:idea:
some new smoke & other detectors are out now that are electric and do not need batteries.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”