Thursday Thoughts PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Thursday Thoughts PWYC

Postby lucylee » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:13 am

Late night post from the frozen tundra of the South. :lol: We've had a pretty good day... dh and I got a little snippy with each other over selling some basketball tickets -- trouble was (apparently) on the website end, not ours. Tickets sold almost immediately. We put them online because dbil -- who had bought them from us -- said he just wasn't going to try to make the trip.
Roads are pretty bad from here to about 75 miles south at least, and dbil's girlfriend can't even get out of her driveway! Her son even turned his truck over yesterday -- just slid in a ditch and went over on the side. He's fine, but that shows how it's kind of risky in a lot of areas around here.

All is well with us now; I guess we're just having a little cabin fever? We've been out every day, and since we're only a few miles out of town, once we make the half-mile on our little county road, it's pretty clear to town and all around. Today we did a drug store run for ourselves, bbq restaurant, and grocery store. Then we took dgd home, swapped for dgs, and made another stop at the dollar store.
Home tonight, I've finished the laundry, (when this load is done, here at midnight) and I've made cookies.

Ice IS a little harder to drive on, Nancy. Glad yours isn't ice. Ours almost always has more ice than snow; that's why Southerners can't drive on it, and why our cities don't do a lot of preparation for it, well, that and the fact that it doesn't happen enough to be economically practical.

Oooohhhh... Kathryn, you dodged a bullet at naptime! Ending diapers is one benefit of the growing up process. Little ones are sooo sweet and precious... but poopy diaper blow-outs... not so much.

Blessed, I do hope your dmom gets her elevator back soon. That is terrible!

Twins, I admire your dedication to your workouts. I did get my 15 minute walk away the pounds done today. First time since middle of last week.

Positive thoughts -- starting Monday, we're supposed to have high temps above 50! :D
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”