Thursday Thoughts PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thursday Thoughts PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:58 pm

Twins' Mom wrote:Positive thoughts, please?

Uh, I guess I'll keep quiet!

Ooooh! I have one! Dgs didn't go to sleep for his nap when he arrived here because I was still on my zoom call (2 hours and we pushed a lot of the agenda), and he wanted me to put him down (I just have a routine I go through with him, that includes closing drapes, putting Beavie and Blankie in the bed as well as giving him the bottle, all of which dh didn't do.) After my call he had a bit of breakfast with me and then disappeared as I tidied up. He had gone off to his room to poop and so once he was cleaned up he went down happily.

The positive thought is I managed to avoid a mess! Had he gone down nicely before the big poop it would have been a short nap or a messy one (apparently at home he'll take off his diaper after he poops during nap time with predictable results.)

As for my day, it was a rough night, the meeting was long and upsetting and now I'm babysitting and pickup has been extended 5 hours later tomorrow (due to something negative.) And I might offer to take DC for the afternoon so that ddil can deal with the negative thing.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:25 pm

so far it hasn't been reported from what I can see. I mentioned that they could call the city but dd older, who works with those who handle these things for their building in Chicago, that there has to be at least one week before the city takes notice and then acts.
it has been a week at least from my count. I think people are afraid that they will shut down the building - they have done that in Naples before in some condo buildings but if it is not fixed by this weekend then I would say it's time to contact city hall.

The part they got in was not correct; but that is a good excuse for one elevator but for two then it doesn't make sense. I think there may be a bigger problem. The committee and the building wanted to do the beautification projects even though the elevators have been having problems. They thought that the could limp along with the elevators as they were.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:27 pm

yay d Nancy on the work you have done
did I ask you if you ever watch "sit and knit a bit" with Arne and Carlos. It's one of our favorites

hi d Kathy! your sweet grandson loves to be with you - special!!!

--------------
folded and put away laundry :D
worked in the basement for 15 minutes. recycled containers that don't have lids :D
gave dh 4 boxes for him to cut down :arrow:
took my morning meds (late) :D
dh is deep in thought - not talkative but he says he engrossed with the news. I haven't read or heard anything today - I should but I want to be busy and happy.
listed the work that needs to be done in the basement for my 15 minute workouts during the next week and beyond :D
I put away what is in the basket at the bottom of the stairs. :D
Got rid of one black laundry basket - :D I remember when I had laundry baskets everywhere as part of my organization process - now I laugh at it bc it was actually my "don't get rid of anything and put it in a basket" process.
I got my boots in yay :D
flip flopped laundry - everything put away :D
next 3 season room sweep - :D
water :D
-------------------------------------------
I have been reading an article suggested by my book (an almost impossible thing, The radical lives of Britains pioneering women gardeners): - "Why women are redundant :shock: by W. R. Greg written in 1860 and how they need to "fix" the current (1860) social problem: the amount of women being single because of the emigration of men from England to the different colonies including the united states. (which was considered highly abnormal or selfish on part of the woman :shock: )

quote from article: "The residue— the large excess over this proportion— who re main unmarried, constitute the problem to he solved, the evil and anomaly to be cured."

So far I have come to the place in the article where the author suggests that single women need to be shipped to the colonies and United States to balance the number of women (social problem and ) in the uk. of course it's 1860 and that was the time that this thinking prevailed.

I always find it fascinating, even now in some churches and some societies, that woman are still considered unable or are disqualified to run programs, go to school, do jobs or run households/have land just for the fact that they are women.
dh and I had a good discussion about the article.
-------------------------------
undo planter :arrow:
dogs play and train
salt on front step.

this weekend ask dd older to take the very heavy tree stand to basement.

dh is still sitting quiet. I am not sure what is going on but I know it can't be dr. appointments as none are on the horizon for awhile.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:01 pm

Yes I watched them during the shutdown & one other one till the gals hubby got cancer then stopped
bc it triggered me. I will add that name when I get it. thinking.... Found it Fruity Knitting.

It is starting to knit but they are still advising to stay home if you do not need to go out.
Got my journals done more on the letter just need to sign it and get the envelope ready, mail had already come so no hurry.
They were long shows and I did not have time for em. So started watching shorter ones on other tropics.

Glad it is up to 30* F yea!
Shoveled sleet off the last 2 lower steps and patio yea!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:53 pm

Arne are Carlos are men. I don't remember the gal and I am so so sorry it made you sad! I totally understand why you wouldn't watch it - it's too painful.
I am glad you found a site you loved! thank you for sharing it - I will look into it.
yay on 30 degrees for you d Nancy!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:51 pm

Oh good glad you found it blessedw2
Watched a planning workshop type vid.very inspiring yea!
She does color coding for writing and does lots of stickies.
Also found a journal to add to my wish list.

I walked half a block both ways to check out the roads my street is good
to the main drag not so much.
But it was good weather for it the ddoggo is happy now too.
I started the jeep.

I need to think about my dinner and decide what goes with grated zucchini besides eggs.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:55 pm

Home from my workout. I picked up meds for dMillie and went to the post office to get HOA mail. I talked to dfriend earlier and made a "call ahead" reservation for dinner out tonight with them. And I went ahead and walked the ddog when I got home. That's all positive. And I always feel good when I workout. It was a hard one, with some huffing and puffing cardio and strength work.

We were getting some sprinkles earlier but the temp is just above freezing.

Dcleaning lady is coming in the morning, I'll have to be up for some straightening up in the primary bedroom. And I never got laundry started but it was more that I've been in and out of the house like a ping pong ball.

Ah, this sat here awhile!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:14 pm

good night all
finished my article - it shocked and fascinated me but didn't surprise me considering the time it was written-i can now see how women struggled with getting the vote and getting an education

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:29 pm

Dgs napped for 3 hours and during that time I tidied, napped, and did some filing while talking to my sister on the phone. Because she has difficulty finding words, the conversation goes slowly which, in this case, meant I could also make notes for my meeting tomorrow based on things I found as I filed the church papers. So, no matter how busy I am tomorrow with dgs, I'll be prepared for the meeting in the afternoon.

He didn't eat any after nap snack or supper but played fairly nicely all evening. We took the old crib downstairs and it was picked up at 7:30. I got down early so he ran around for a bit. Then we came upstairs and he didn't want to get out of the cart so dh suggested be take out the recycling so we did that and then brought up some tiles dC's dad had set aside for us to use on the radiators to cut the heat a bit. I love how the two families are blended so well that we benefit from dC's father's work as a tiler even though we aren't her grandparents.

From that it was straight to bath and he was in bed by 8:15, just 4 hours after waking from that long nap.

The apartment was reset and I just finished responding to emails that came from my meeting today. I ended up writing what was effectively a sermon (I checked and it would have taken me 9 minutes to preach it, it was that long!) Our new minister is a perfectionist who uses detailed planning and systems to accomplish all he has in life (which is a great deal.) So the 'sermon' was on "Housework done imperfectly still blesses your family."

I Included a quote from Leonard Cohen's song, Anthem:

Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

Now I'm off to bed. I imagine tomorrow will start early.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:31 am

We have more snow again now I am glad it is not ice thou.
I will do removal of that tomorrow again for some exercise & steps.
I notice how much the walk today helped me, even just a short one for fresh aid air to get out of the house again in the afternoon now that temps.
are more near 30* ish, I hear dripping.

Return to “Post When You Can”