Thursday Thoughts PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Thursday Thoughts PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:02 am

Positive thoughts, please?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Thursday Thoughts PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:05 am

I must get moving! Dh just left for work - he worked out and came home to s2s after.

I have dental appt in two hours - must s2s, eat breakfast, walk dog, etc. And I have a workout later at two so I'm like a boomerang today in and out.

Something beeped in the house this a.m. - I think it was dh's glucose monitor? and I nearly lost it, lol!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:12 am

Hi!

The compost, garbage and recycling are all at the end of the driveway. Plants have all been watered. All clean clothes have been put away. Absolutely all the dishes are clean and put away. :shock: Island is almost clear.

We are having steak and baked potatoes for supper.

It's snowing here. I'm on my way to "knitting" now. I will be the one doing the cross stitching. ;)
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:18 pm

Twins thanks for starting us today.
This is mt winter retreat it's all in your perspective! ;)
Lo +21* /Hi +31* F.
50% chance of snow today & tomorrow ~ they recommended not going anywhere if you do not have to freeway is closed! So is the mill till the weather is better. So store shelves are probably bare if past storms are any indication b/c the trucks are not moving & at truck stops btdt on the road.
:idea:
I am thinking how well I did stocking up, got coffee kleenex, creamer, canned stuff with pop tops etc. & freezer was full is half full now.
Stayed in bed till seven today turned up the heat a bit.
Did qt no journaling yet.
Had coffee x3

Made the bed ddoggo has not "helped" with that some days I have to do that 2-3 times a day LOL!
Not dressed yet...Done
no bfast yet...Done
no vits yet...Done
Pen pal letter to write. 3/4 th done
Skiff of snow from last nite not yet...removed
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:31 pm

d twins - nothing worse than all that beeping - it reminds me of my work day nightmares - no matter what happened in the dream I could stop the beeping or phones ringing.Praying today that there isn't any more beeps, rings and annoying noises! you deserve the quiet!
Sending you a very good day!

well done on your work d cathy!
I love that you go to a group where you can do different things then just the knitting class.

hello to everyone. I wish you a really wonderful day!
------------------------------------------------
spoke to dd younger and their elevators are still broken -. She had to cancel mom's dentist appointment and had to put off mom's after hospital check. Mom is getting tired of being home. dd has had to take her dog walking so she is doing 7 flights quite often... thank goodness she is young. She went to her exercise class and then remembered she had to go up 7 flights ;) To say the least; her sense of humor is starting to wain.

I feel for the other 80 year olds walking those stairs - the building is not offering assistance in helping them get food etc. (they knew this was a problem 2 months ago - and many times last year, but wanted to finish the beautification that they wanted to do. Elevators have been going off for the last year.

It's sunny, very sunny. It's 18 degrees and we are supposed to get 20 degrees ... Yay ... dh (my cold one) said it feels like a heat wave :D :D :D
We still have 12" of snow on our roof but it is a couple inches down since the other day!

We need more snow for the lake - our lake hasn't frozen over which isn't good for the summer. I am going to do a snow dance - that should be fun to see - so that we get the snow we need and that the lake freezes.

"more snow - no temps below" my new motto for winter 8-)

I hope you all have a great day.
grateful but feel guilty that cleaning ladies are here; but I love that they do all the floors.

I think I will study first and then move on to the dogs.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:55 pm

Dental appointment went well, no cavities, one or two "watch" areas.

We've had clouds move in and temps are slightly above freezing, supposed to climb just past forty today, and we have rain beginning this evening. Hoping it's just rain, not freezing rain here.

I haven't made the bed yet, the dog is back on it. She's still feeling the effects of the drugs yesterday although I did get her walked a lap before I took off.

I'm going to relax a few minutes, I need to change clothes and leave for workout in 45 min.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:02 pm

I am sliding back into normal routines. My focus, time and energy is spent in an alternating mixture of
Normal Self Care
Normal School
Normal Homeschool
Normal exercise @ Gym
Normal cooking and caring for home
Normal attention to family & friends

Months ago I started using 3x5 index cards and found so much success with them.
However today I found myself switching my SHE cards system back to digital. Although having physical cards to hold, shuffle and file was very successful for me, the number of cards that I need is too overwhelming to handle using physical index cards.
It will take me a few days to enter the physical cards into digital system so I will be using a hybrid SHE system. Part index cards and part digital system.

Fish is on the menu for today. Several tilapia fillets are in the process of thawing. Fruit salad will be made also. DH requested adding pineapple tidbits to this batch. I have that in progress.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:04 pm

the cleaning ladies are miracle workers - I can honestly say, that even with my daily work, the house is beautiful after they are done. I can't begin to wash a floor like they do (I could when I was younger). wow - I keep calling them cleaning angels and it fits. It truly is amazing!
it won't be clean tomorrow once the dogs and I live in the house but it is beautiful now!

I worked on the master gardener introduction - I still need to watch the video and simplify my notes for future tests.

Next chapter will be on Botany - I hope I still have, as Agatha Christie's character, Poirot, would say, "the little grey cells" to be able to retain and understand the work being put ahead of me. :D

Next get off my bahookey and do something with dogs.
get outside carefully.

------------
d twins - yay no cavities!!!!!

yay d lady on sliding back into normal routines!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:30 pm

timer in place. lunch eaten and cleaned up after

starting with jobs I don't want to do:
basement
3 season room
put away of basket at the bottom of the stairs.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:43 pm

Blessed with 2 can some one call the housing authority in your mom's town.

I have gotten most of my a m stuff done.
Sorted 2 boxes in storage room.
Fetched one item from freezer.
Also fetched mail.

Next up
Finish pen pal letter mostly done.
Consider lunch options what I thawed is grated zucchini now pea soup LOL!
Knit a bit.

Return to “Post When You Can”