Friday's "F" word(s)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Friday's "F" word(s)

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:28 pm

I'm still going. Got laundry rebooted, garbage and recycling out of kitchen, stripped bed, answered an email, did a few other things along the way. Responded to an email. Let the dog in and out and in and out. The Roomba is finally ready to have its disposal bag replace. They send a new one in the box for the first replacement but it lasted longer than I thought it would. And I ordered a replacement pack!

BTW, the other night when I blew the smoke detector off with the compressed air, a little dust ball flew out. I hope that's the end of it, but I'll remember if it happens again to take the ddog for a walk and have dh do it while we're out. Or vice-versa!

We're "Feels like" 26 and are getting snow Flurries in some areas. :roll:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:44 pm

F is for Finances desk duty done updated budget for this mo. & 2024
Paid a bill & mailed a letter whew got the letter out just in time!

Dd called to check on me to make sure I"m not going stir crazy. Nope I'm good.
I planned for this. I have crafts sewing, shoveling, snowmen to make, play with & or walk ddoggo.
Plus weekly chores. my planner retreats movies on net flicks books to reading & writing, journaling, and a
Dresser to paint & glue the frame of I have crocheting / knitting to decide on for a mood shawl or some type of project as well.
Lunch & Dinner menu to plan.
Laundry for exercise down stairs as well.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:26 pm

I'm still going. Roomba is still going. I should eat lunch so this may be a longer break.

Lunch was a peanut butter and banana sandwich (comfort food?) and leftover baked potato. Yum, and got in a fruit and veggie and took care of a getting-too-old banana.

I think I'll go to the grocery in the morning, like I did last week. The bank is actually open in the morning too so I can drive through with an HOA deposit. I opened a bunch more envelopes of checks while eating. Some other planning: soup tomorrow or Sunday. I have ingredients and need to use them. I need to keep my energy going right now.

Back to work, and back here at BOTH!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:21 pm

Finally got the 2 pr. pj's hemmed and a pocket on the others! Yea!
Laundry is going now 2 loads started yea for that.

I did get my steps in today yea!
No additional snow or rain fell as of 4:00 p m here.
Got the trash dumped.
Dishes are done as well. They do need to be put away after I dry them,
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:28 pm

We came home from gym and then back out again for a trip to the city. We made 4 stops and made it back home in 2.5 hours which is faster than I had hoped. Travel was an hour of that time so the 4 stops only took 1.5 hours. We had a plan and didn't dawdle.

Our temps are below freezing for another couple of days here. It was 4F feels like when we walked out of the gym this morning. It was probably not a good decision to be sweaty in the cold but we decided to do it anyway. Monday the temps will get up to 38 and then the rest of next week is warmer with our normal winter temperatures.

I have a supplemental free standing electrical heater in my bathroom. When I woke up this morning the heater was off and smelled "hot". I can only assume it fried something inside the heating unit. Thankfully it turned itself off instead of causing a fire. I just realized that I forgot to buy another heater when we were in the city. **sigh** I think we have a small one somewhere.....hum....where would it be stored?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:50 pm

Home again - dd older talked me into getting a fancy pedicure - wax and massage. I will say it made my ankles feel great!
stopped at garden store for bird seed.
stopped at ambrosias and dropped off some treats or my old neighbor.
overate lunch. geesh
gave dogs their sticks

time to get to real life.

hello d lady welcome home!
glad the heater turned off.

hello d Nancy yay on your sewing work.
yay on laundry

hi d twins.yay on still going! busy day! Roomba working through your house - yay.

hi d cathy wonderful that your inventory is so full - well done!

stay safe all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:00 pm

I shoveled a trail around the back yard.
Had lunch/ cr. cheese & bfast bar.
Laundry is dry and folded and some is put away working on the rest of that off and on.
Considering a walk but ddoggo is napping & I just had one too,
Had half ppj san.
Drive way is melted off 34* out according to my phone.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:21 pm

I "breaked" and did a paperwork challenge. I got the deposit slip made, photocopied all the checks, and endorsed so it's all ready for the bank. I did not post them in QB. Will need to do so this next week and send a second round of statements on or before 31 January. I'll also need to "close" the books and send a F/S to the board. I also took a minute and updated the spreadsheet for the temple cemetery and did a quick financial statement. I'll review it and send it out next week.

I walked the dog a lap. Wind chill (feels like) is 24 degrees. I would have done another lap but she was pulling and Just no.

I think I'm going upstairs to stamp a little, or organize, or something that's restful for a few minutes.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:55 pm

CUOPed, but not really retaining much. Had a snow day here today. Schools closed, including the community college, so no school for DC, no work for DD, and DH worked from home. However, DH went out in the snow anyway to pick up groceries, and DC wouldn’t have had school anyway, as neither of the classes they were signed up for had enough students to run, so they are trying to get into other sections of each. One has not met yet (M/W class; M was MLK Day, and W was cancelled due to weather), so switching to it is relatively easy, but the other is a T/Th class, so they’ve already missed classes and need the instructor’s permission to join.

Other than dealing with groceries, part of today was spent tracking down the solution to my problem with the work computer. I was offline so long that the internal name of my computer was reassigned, so I couldn’t get into the system because I was already there, but it wasn’t me. I need to take the computer in on Monday, and it will take a couple of hours to fix. The headquarters is only about 10 minutes from my house; the only difficulty will be getting into the building. Ooh, this reminds me; I need to log my hours!

Hopefully I will get here at a more reasonable hour tomorrow. I’m heading to bed now and wish you all sweet dreams!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:19 am

F word here is FREEZING.
We were out again today, and main roads are basically clear, but it is still COLD and side roads are still pretty icy.

Traded dgs for dgd around 3:00 pm and she is in bed now -- well, in her pallet on the floor. I've been thinking a lot today about how I get so tired of playing some of her games and stuff -- she loves to play school, and she loves to do "challenges," where she does something and then I have to do it also... and then I realized, I don't know when the LAST time will be -- the last time we play school... or the last time she wants to sleep in our room... or the last time dgs has an imaginary football game going and he's screaming the play-by-play as he runs up and down the hallway. It's kinda sad, isn't it?
She's been really good tonight and said she didn't even want on a light on in the bedroom, just the light from the bathroom door, so I'm in here (the master bath) right now, and I'm going to take my shower in a minute.

At least their ballgames were cancelled for tomorrow. We don't have to be at the rec center at 8:30 a.m. when the temps are still in single digits!

I exercised again this morning, so maybe I can get back into that routine. Can't seem to get OUT of the routine of eating all day every day. This ice storm has been kinda like Covid. Nothing's open, there's nothing to do, and nobody cares what they look like when they get there. :roll:
I do wonder what our heat and water bills are going to look like -- we've had water running constantly since this all started, and the heat has run pretty much constantly, and I must say it is working GREAT so far -- we are at a comfortable 74 degrees! We'll pay for it soon, I'm sure.

I admire you for getting out in that wind and walking the dog, Twins! I just can't stand it.
I see you're braving the elements, too, Nancy... WTG on shoveling. That's good exercise, too.

I have never had a pedicure (or manicure, for that matter), blessed. I bet it feels wonderful. My dmom gets them sometimes.

OH MY, LadyM -- I am so thankful the heater didn't start a fire!

Cathy, that is great that you have 20 meals on hand! I'm impressed. We finished my dmom's spaghetti tonight, and when dgd saw it was all gone, she was so upset. "That was my FAVORITE pasta, and I won't get anymore for a... for a YEAR!" I was LOL... I told her I would definitely make her some before a YEAR passed. Dmom and I make it just like each other.
DH here -- SHELDON -- just doesn't like to have a pantry full of stuff because he thinks then that he HAS to eat it or waste it, and he might want to eat out instead of having me cook and clean up the kitchen. So if I buy something to cook when I go to the grocery store on Sunday, then I pretty much know what night I'm going to cook it that week.
Right now, we have 2 individual pizzas for the dgrands, a frozen lasagna for me, three cans of chili, soup for Sunday dinners, crackers, some deli turkey and cheese, apples, tangerines, bananas, pb crackers, cereal & poptarts, and the cookies I baked last night. OH -- and some ice cream, popscicles, and some frozen chicken strips, which I'm afraid are not good anymore. I have some frozen onions and peppers to cook with them, but no side dishes.
And still, I've managed to gain 2 lbs since this all started. :roll:
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”