Friday's "F" word(s)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Friday's "F" word(s)

Postby CathyS » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:57 am

What "F" word is on your list today?

Floors?
Finances?
Filing?
Flurries?
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: Friday's "F" word(s)

Postby CathyS » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:01 am

I just did the floors on Wednesday as a "W" word for wet jobs.

We do have flurries here today. The cats don't want to go out.

I do have filing to do. Nothing financial, unless I go to the bank.

Supper? No idea. BUT dh is certain that the chest freezer in the garage is empty. It isn't but he's quite worried that we don't have any food. I might do inventory today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:37 am

oh my gosh I loved this d Cathy !
I also love your Wednesday "w" wet jobs day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:46 am

Friday Flurries in our Forecast so far non existent I am bummed!
I had good dreams woke up a couple times then just stayed up at four ish.
I have been watching for snow they predicted and it just did not happen yet....
may not get it when it's over I'll shovel if not here by mid morning will shovel anyway hoping before the rain comes that is in the forecast before
tonight afternoon noon maybe they have no clue those weather gussers!

I need to do the stuff floors etc. here sort of saved em for today as I knew the week would be a challenge.
I am better today than the last two days anyway so that is good looking Forward to the weekend, and end of the snow for sure
40's F. next week for high temps. will be a welcome relief! The roads are worse after the snow we got over night ice under it.

I need to do laundry & sheets too.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:52 am

CUOP while pedaling on reclining bike.

I had a great start to my morning following one SHE card after another. I do like the new method of tracking cards because it makes it easy to put them in hourly blocks to match my hourly step goals. It isn't and endless stack to she cards. I just focus on this hour.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:54 am

Friday is my family room, 3 season room, basement day - small amount of time each room
In the summer Friday is my car and purse day.

Instead of "Hammer Time", I work on Timer time - :roll: couldn't resist :lol:

hi d Nancy sorry you are bummed about the snow flurries. hope the rain won't ice up. praying that you stay nice and safe!
I am glad you feel better than the last 2 days!
happy laundry time!

hi d lady nice to see you while you are pedaling away!
yay on a great start! yay on working in hourly blocks!

hello everyone!!!

thank you d cathy for starting us.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:05 am

I just did the fastest inventory ever. We have enough for 20 meals with meat, plus cheese pizza and 1 French onion soup.

Dh has taken some old camo jackets to the firehall. I doubt they are taking them right now, but he has them and had the sudden urge to get rid of them. He also found his fushia scarf that he has been talking about for a while now.

We will be having turkey drumsticks tonight. They aren't huge, but they will be good. I might take out some cranberries and make a box of stuffing and boil some potatoes.
Last edited by CathyS on Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:07 am

We're above Freezing here for today, but diving back down for a few more days.

Dcleaning lady not coming today - she is Frozen in on a road on the mountain that hasn't thawed yet, so I'm on my own.

I'm not Feeling much energy at this point. I allowed myself to just sleep in past nine a.m. and dMillie got me up.

Interesting turn of events with the Accountability group - on Wednesday a.m. one (CG and AG) posted in the Slack group that she was no longer willing to meet because of other obligations. I haven't responded there. She also emailed me and I haven't responded yet. She had been in touch with the coordinator of the groups, who emailed the remaining two who haven't achieved accreditation and suggested that the group be dissolved and they join another group if they want. One responded that the five of us would continue to meet, and another was hostile, like this was about "getting us off her group records" and agreed we would continue to meet. Mind you, the other two of us (me and the AG) haven't responded at all. So I think I'm done. I want to be supportive but I'm just tired of evening meetings. One of the two left just retired and may be able to finish if she isn't sucked into grandmother duty, the other I'm not sure will ever finish. She keeps taking on volunteer obligations and has grandmother duty a lot.

So I'm still lollygagging and must get moving!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:30 pm

Dcleaning lady is not coming today so I think I'll devote the day to several rounds of cleaning. Some is what I needed to do this a.m. before she got here, but bathrooms and kitchen could use cleaning up. And I'll run the roomba. I just put the grates from the top of the stove in the dishwasher with a regular load and started it. Our supper will be pork chops, apples and onion, and brussels sprouts.

Gotta go! Be back at :15 after the hour. Anyone going along with me?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:00 pm

I had breakfast & took a warm up break & now I am done with this round of snow removal.
Warming up again.
Have not done any thing else might push it to Sat. with out probs.
And preserve my Free Day Friday.
I did work on my planning this morning.
Remembered my qt at the regular spot, unlike yesterday after sleeping in I did not remember it till lunch time but that worked.

Return to “Post When You Can”