Saturday "S" words PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Saturday "S" words PWYC

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:56 pm

Harriet sorry to hear of your muscle possibly pulled.
I decided to not hem the jeans and just cut em off to save wear & tear on my machine.
Walked the ddoggo a regular walk but did it in two sessions my knee was happy with that solution.
I put the soup in the smaller crock, & did up the dishes from lunch.
Did a bit of knitting.
Main roads are good according to the neighbors.

Ice & slick roads, ice storm in the area warning up for to night so I'm staying here.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:00 pm

Still slippery here. We’re venturing out to Next Town. These roads are fine but boy… where there’s still constant shade, it’s like an ice rink.
No church tomorrow.

Oh, Harriet— I hope you feel better soon!
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:41 pm

Millie is driving me crazy as well, bw2.

I'm in a weird mood today, at loose ends. I have things I could do, should do? but don't want to do any of them. I stamped a bit but never felt any inspiration. I've walked ddog the afternoon lap, and dh took her around earlier too. I also napped earlier.

I've started the soup for tonight, and the showered thawed (again) enough to shower. I have it dripping, the low tonight is supposed to be eleven degrees. (I'll bet anything they put the pipes to our shower in the wall on the north side of our house. No sunshine in the winter, ever.) Dh waked ddog again for another lap.

I've had a flurry of texts and messages about HOA dues, due today. But we don't charge a late fee until 31 January, and I can't get to the bank again until Monday at the earliest, so I'm just telling them to get them to me this weekend.

Anyway, I need to get my mind into next week...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:53 pm

Thanks. Hoping to get better, yes, and maybe I am. But I had to take a pain pill to feel good enough to stay at party. So far, so ok.

Their newly received games we played were:

"Mind the Gap" - trivia choosing from sets of questions that might be best known by boomers, Millennial, Gen x, Gen z. I was on a team with dstepson and DangerBoy and we almost won but winners were dd43, dd25 and WonderBoy. I think if I could have had HRH on my team, we would have been great, because I kept nearly having the answer. But the fun/challenge is in playing when teammates are of other age groups and want to try questions you wouldn't. I did get the answers Madeline Albright and Diane Carrol (sp) and correctly hummed the theme from "Facts of Life".

"Poetry for Neanderthals" - like password using only one-syllable clues, with timer. This was my youngest grandson's favorite because there is an inflatable club to be used to hit any clue-giver who uses a two-syllable word. (This does make you feel as though you are being disrespectful to a social group, however. Remember the Geico Cavemen? They would be offended, I think.) I did well getting my team to say: "police lineup" but some of the simplest phrases like "nose job" had us in stitches because the clue-giver would be about to explode with frustration, searching for small words, lol.

Both highly recommended, plenty of laughs.

Bitterly cold. Makes you feel sorry for the pasture animals and wildlife. Our heat went to "auxiliary" at one point, which shows it's working hard, but it didn't last long.

Return to “Post When You Can”