Saturday "S" words PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Saturday "S" words PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:24 am

Serene, simple, snowy, slippery? What's your S for Saturday?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Saturday "S" words PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:32 am

Going with "Shivery" here. "Feels like" 2 degrees here, but temp is 14. Shower may be frozen again but I have it trying to run, and the door open to get warm air from the house in there.

I am going to head out to the grocery, hoping to leave without walking the ddog. She's been out in the back yard, for about two minutes and she's been fed, and we can walk later.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:40 am

Thanks for that great opening Twins!
Today I'm going with Satisfied for my S work.
I am satisfied with my progress this week I did a lot yesterday & made up for a couple of not so productive ones mid week.
Glad the rigs are okay. Still snowy here. I have some stuff to do at home like sheets, pay attn. to my Sewing zone, and
see what the weather brings. The ice has been going around us so that is good yea for that!
Sipping my coffee this morning as I think what to start my day with.
I've done my qt stuff.
Have a great one to all who follow.
28* to 36*F, today's temp. range here.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:19 am

I'm liking this challenge to choose the word that fits the moment.

My S word this hour is Soup. I just finished making another big pot of meat & vegetable Soup that makes my taste buds happy. Each time I make soup the ingredients change. I find that I like having more spinach and leaving out the canned green beans (yuk). This time I chopped up white mushrooms and added them. I let the flavor and texture decide what to include. Cabbage, spinach, tomatoes, peppers, asparagus, squash, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, onions, garlic, mushrooms, blackeye peas are the vegetables I remember putting into this soup. Brisket, tilapia, hot links are the protein this time.. These ingredients don't sound good when I list them on paper but IMHO each time I make the soup it is better than before.

Another S word for next hour is Salad....as in Fruit Salad. The kids are going through the fruit salad almost as fast as I make it. Apples, cuties, pineapple, bananas, and grapes are being consumed daily. It's a good thing.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:43 am

Hi!

First we had shopping for groceries and then we had snit. Dh thinks I was arguing with him because I said the salmon filet was too small for the price. I would have only fed one of us. So he stormed off to the truck and I did the rest of the shopping by myself. ~sigh~

Back roads are still slippery. Roads in town are fine.

We are having a roast chicken for supper and chili tomorrow night.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:50 am

How are you today!!!! I you are simply sensational!!!
thank you d twins for the start!
have a good grocery shopping morning

stay warm d twins! d Nancy, d lady, d cathy and dear all!

our temps say 7 degrees and is supposed to feel like -7 but I will see when I go out - I think we are supposed to get to 15 degrees then go back to the negatives.

Give me snow! Snow means warmer weather - I like the upper 20's. I remember not wearing a jacket when skiing in temps in the upper 20's or lower 30's; wool sweaters, of course, but no jackets. I can still imagine feeling the sunshine on top of the mountain. (a very happy feeling).

d cathy stay safe on the roads!

d lady - soup sounds wonderful! your soup sounds delicious to me!!!

d Nancy "satisfied with my s work" wonderful!!!

HELLO ALL
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:54 am

my goal:
1 hour slots
1. fitness - in and out of the house
2. dogs train through day and play
3. learning
4. 15/5 minute room by rooms
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Dove

Postby Dove » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:16 pm

Good morning!
Fun opening, Twins. Sorry you have to go out when it feels like only 2 degrees. Brrrrr! I'll go with sunny (it's exceptionally bright), snowy (still frozen on the ground & trees) and -- syrupy (we had waffles for breakfast :P ). I really like my new waffle maker. This morning I made a double batch & will freeze the leftovers. Hopefully the taste & texture will be just as good when thawed & reheated. They were yummy. I use the recipe that came with it and add vanilla.

I like the words Satisfied & Soup, too, Nancy & Lady M . :)

Hi Cathy. Sorry grocery shopping did not go well. Roast chicken for dinner sounds delicious.

Hi Harriet, you had asked about hair towels. I really like my "You ler Tex (all one word) hair t urban that I found on Am azon years ago. I wanted something lightweight that would stay on my head better than a regular towel. It claimed to do a great job at drying wet hair & that turned out to be true.

Hi Blessed! I hope your dmom's elevator is fixed right away. Glad she is home from the hospital & doing well.

I'm so glad to have spike grippers on my boots. I love snow but not ice. Wild birds are so happy to have seed & suet to eat. Earlier this week the local news channel was announcing school closings & many were switching to remote learning. I say Bah Humbug -- let the kids (& teachers) have a snow day. If they use up their alloted snow days, then maybe switch to remote learning. I have such wonderful memories of the fun & excitement of getting an unexpected day off from school to play in the snow, & I wish that for all kids.

I decluttered & rearranged my china hutch, & am pleased with how it looks on top & how easy it is to reach items stored underneath.
At one point I had a lot of china sitting on the dining room table & dh asked me if I stored anything in the soup tureen. I said no & he asked if I was sure it was empty. I lifted the lid to show him and there was a can of soup he had slipped in there! :lol: I'm married to a comedian.

I'll be online for a while as emails have piled up & I haven't been good about deleting old stuff. I'd like to do some planning after lunch. We're having (another S word :) ) beef stew for dinner. I brought the crockpot & misc ingredients upstairs last night. Also chopped up carrots & celery & mixed the spices together. Today before lunch I'll peel & chop potatoes & onions & put everything in the crockpot. Will make crunchy parmesan bread to go with it.

~~~ Waving to everyone! Hope you all have a warm & wonderful day. :)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:22 pm

Dove, it didn't feel that bad except when the wind caught me when I walked the dog. She didn't want me to leave the house before her walk, so I indulged her.

I did the Shopping - also Stopped at Staples for file folders so I can go ahead and do some organizing upstairs today. Surely dh won't want to go anywhere today? He went on to Torah study this morning. (OH, I hear the garage door opening now.) While out I also went to the bank and deposited the HOA checks.

I'm also making Soup later.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:25 pm

So inspired today Soup needed to go in crock pot now after all your great ideas! Lovely!
Some Somba music in the back ground for dhore time. Liv. room is the focus first.
I added Some new pages to my Faith planner and had to take out old ones I'd used last mo.
No I'm pleased with that progress yea! It's ready to use, I've had to tweak the headings on the pages but at least I've figured out how to use em now.
One more Section on my knit dish cloth Star shaped will be done.
Soak feet.

Return to “Post When You Can”