Fast Start Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Fast Start Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:24 pm

finished chicken, tortilla and lime soup from William Sonoma's book: Cooking for home; which is new to me.
it is mostly a broth based dish and I had dd older do a taste taste to see if she liked the broth based soup or liked it better with red enchilada sauce added to it. Broth base was good but the can of red enchilada sauce bumped up the taste. Will dh eat it - I doubt it but that's okay bc I eat soup the entire week - so does dd older.

lol, if I made a hot dog soup or spaghetti o's with hot dogs then dh will love it.

made chocolate chip oatmeal and - going into the oven soon -

testing a recipe for chocolate chip oatmeal with pieces of dried red raspberries (chopped up) and sitting in fridge for the freezer soon. My hope is that the raspberries will gain moisture again from the oatmeal cookie dough.

darn the dishes look like they exploded!!! :D 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:36 pm

dson sons fav is back ahead. & won. :mrgreen:
Air quality was better yea. I googled not much help.

So glad it's warmed up again here yea
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:43 pm

Typical Sunday here. We went to small groups and worshiped with church family. It constantly astonishes me how organized and smooth things are at church. I have attended several churches over the decades and know things running this smoothly is exceptionally unusual. I am thankful and grateful that it is the normal in this church. Just to clarify - this church has MANY ways to improve and I'm not trying to imply otherwise.

The bread machine was busy while we were gone and filled the house with the smells of baking bread. Chicken nuggets were put in the air fryer to cook when we got home while green salad was made.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:09 pm

chocolate chip oatmeal with pieces of dried red raspberries
This sounds amazing, bw2! (I'm craving sweets today!)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:15 pm

Definitely not a fast start here — church was canceled and we slept really late.
This afternoon I did buy groceries and boy — cereal aisle was almost empty, no diet colas, and water was selling fast. Our water department announced that the water level is dangerously low, people should limit use and boil all drinking/cooking.
School is closed again tomorrow. I can see why — still a lot of slick ice in parking lots, etc, anywhere that doesn’t get a lot of sun.

In fact, I stepped out of the SUV at ds’ house, hit the ice, and — whoosh — my feet went flying. Thankfully, I have a lot of natural padding on my bottom… and my back and head hit the seat of the car. I do have a headache and I bet I’ll feel it in my back tomorrow, but I’m just glad I didn’t break anything!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”