Fast Start Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Fast Start Sunday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:38 am

Do some planning today for the fast start you need this week. We'll have more moderate weather and a full week of accomplishments!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Fast Start Sunday

Postby CathyS » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:09 am

Hi!

I didn't start fast, but I haven't seemed to have stopped since the moment I got up.

We got a new coffee machine yesterday, so I made dh a coffee using the Cuban coffee I brought back from our holiday.

Then I started a load of bed sheets in the washer and turned on the dryer to unwrinkle the clothes I put in there yesterday.

Then I filled the sink with dirty dishes and now they are in the dishwasher having a spa day. There is a sink full of pans and utensils soaking for a bit while I post this.

Considering that the arthritis in both my hips are screaming at me this morning, I think I'm doing good for only being up an hour. I've also had some pain meds and something to eat.

Maybe it's because the sun is shining.

Supper tonight will be chili. Dh has 2 football games to watch. I like KC, but dh loves the Bills...
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:22 pm

I've been moderately productive so far, especially since dh went to get his massage. Flowers that I got at grocery are arranged, walked ddog two laps in "feels like" 11 degrees. In the sun in a black somewhat puffy jacket, 22 doesn't feel that cold. lol. Paid a bill early to get it off my mind. Breakfast/brunch now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:24 pm

I was woken up by the sound of rain this morning, and road is a mess out front slush on the driveway.
Good journaling & quiet time today.
I've had breakfast.
I slept well last night.
Driveway had new slush on it earlier.
42* / 36* Today's temp. range today F.
Listening to a service on yt .

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:31 pm

d twins do you feel better today - I always like when I wake up after I find the day that wasn't working, as well as I want, is behind me. You have a lot on your plate and your body and your brain needs fun for you!
thank you for starting us for a fresh fast start for the week!

I hope you have a really enjoy this new day!!!

(for me, the day that isn't working is usually because I have too much in my brain that I finally say - that's it-I need a break-my brain does a lot of "nope" 'not happening")

My dd's malinois was nuts the last 2 days as well. There must be something in the air. 8-)

hello d Harriet - how fun that you and your family had games yesterday!

hello d cathy you are moving fast!
praying your hips feel better as you move around!
hope your dh enjoys the football games!
have a good day

hi d Nancy - I hope the roads clean themselves up with the rain. glad you slept well.
have a good day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:45 pm

I don't know what today will be but it is beautiful outside - they "say" it's going to be 20 degrees. :D right now it is 6 degrees. (without the wind chill factor). it will be interesting if the temps equal out. They also say we should get in the 40's this week.

dd younger called yesterday a bit frustrated as the neighborhood electricity kept going off. No elevators and no lights - dd younger was supposed to meet friends for the first time in a long time and she had to cancel bc she couldn't leave mom alone with no electricity.

Today is my Self care day Planning day, menu planning and soup making day - also make a sweet.

read more in my bread making book.
today is a 5 minute round robin.
Learning - continue the class
bible study
read my book or a fun frivolous book a bit

plan for work this week - I don't have work or the bedrooms; but I do have the family room, 3 season room and basement for my zone work.
write letter
talk to dd older to help with stand and talk about our photo stash upstairs that I want to minimize until spring comes

exercise
dogs through out day.
puzzle

have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:20 pm

Roads are even worse now and I have some stuff here to finish up on.
I prepped the jean quilt to patch so will do some on that.
I moved some slush off the deck and drive way to help it drain off a bit more hopefully.
Sun tried to come out a bit.
Air quality unhealthy for sensitive groups. Still raining off & on.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:33 pm

oh do stay safe with those roads d Nancy!!!
praying for the air quality to improve as the day goes on! I wonder why it's bad.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:44 pm

I have been wanting to get dh more engaged in talking and get him out of his headspace by himself. dd younger bought a box called tales for my mother but I decided to pull cards from it once a week to see if I could get dh talking.

It worked! The question for today was, "what were your grandparents really like"? dh talked for over an hour and he and I had such a good time talking about them. Really interesting. He said he had such a good time talking about it!

We are seeing his siblings on Saturday (which I am so happy to do) and dh now wants to talk about what we discussed. dh tends to be quiet.
He showed such a spark that I saw the old dh when we chatted.

Next weeks question is: "What are some of your first memories?" I will be interested to see what he says... my guess, lol, it will be about cars. :lol:

now for lunch and doing things for me.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:21 pm

Good idea blessed.
Got that jeans quilt mended yea! [Those are heavy.]
I walked with the ddoggo a shorter walk, after lunch.
Worked on my planner I think it's done now.
Dson's team is ahead, now tied up again maybe....
Not done with my steps but good for this par into the day.
I have planned leftovers for dinner.

Return to “Post When You Can”