A new week! Simply Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

A new week! Simply Monday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:55 am

It's a new week!
Simplicity -

Imagine that it is Monday evening...you are looking back over your day.
--What would have been important to you?
--How would you have liked it to look?
--are keeping it simple, realistic and happy. Nothing fancy.
--What did you do for you during the day that was fun?

I pray your day gives you so much joy and peace.

Think simplicity throughout your day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Re: A new week! Simply Monday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:24 am

Hi!

I have 2 "knitting" groups today. There are no dirty dishes on the counter. All clean laundry is away. No idea what is for supper yet. Dh will have the left over chili at some point during the day.

Going out for a cheeseburger is a possibility. Undecided at this point.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:09 am

Good morning

We are adjusting our plans to accommodate to freezing temps with ice covering everything.
School cancelled.
Gym cancelled.
Music studio lesson cancelled.

<Rant>DH asked me this morning if I heard him tell me last night that Trent asked for help in breaking ice and feeding cows. I explained to DH that Yes I did hear him but I didn't have anything nice to say so I didn't say anything. However, since DH brought the subject up again I let him know in no uncertain words what I thought about elderly choosing to do dangerous activities. Trent can hire young people to care for his cows during ice storms but for Trent to keep asking elderly friends to do it isn't acceptable to me. If we wanted to raise cattle in our elder years, then we wouldn't have made the decision to sell our cows and land. If DH falls (again) and gets hurt that puts me in a very difficult situation with an ailing husband while raising kids. I consider it STUPID for DH to put himself at unnecessary risk. I will not say what I think of Trent asking DH to do it because I certainly won't be saying anything nice. </Rant over>
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:34 am

I totally agree with you d lady! He should not have asked your dh! He should get help from young people. There are so many FFA members and 4h that I am sure would help.
How old is Trent? y
I am frustrated for you and you have every right to rant! Rant away! Hopefully your dh will get there and say - NOPE I can't do it!

We have freezing rain as well on top of all that snow.
stay safe d lady!

hi d cathy - enjoy knitting group.

enjoy your day.

I had fun with setting up my day on paper. I knew what I was going to do but I wanted a piece of paper that I could bring with me during the day (and probably loose - I will take a picture).

one goal: pull everything out of the freezer and create a list to see what I have.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:09 am

LadyM: I don't know the whole situation but in Trent's defense, has anyone told him that dh shouldn't be asked because the risk of falling having life shortening consequences is too great? If not, he may not think of it and only see your vibrant dh and think he's offering him ways to continue to feel vibrant and useful.

I agree it is dangerous. In 2019 and 2020 I had friends die as a consequence of falling on ice. Both doing nothing more dangerous than walking, one on his driveway, the other on a path at a bus station.

I'm back.

Speaking of dangerous, dgs has got too heavy for me to play with him fully anymore. He loves to ask to be picked up and then turns into a 30lb sack of potatoes and doesn't cuddle in, he wants to flip out of my arms or be thrown up in the air. And when I was down on the floor, crawling from one part of the train set to the other, he climbed onto my back and I let him but immediately realized my mistake.

I made it to my meeting on Friday afternoon but by Friday night I could tell my back was spasming. By Saturday morning I could only walk with a cane or by moving from piece of furniture to piece of furniture for support in case my leg buckled and I collapsed. Getting onto, and up from, the floor to do my physio was a production and I was in pain and exhausted from a terrible night's sleep. I couldn't get comfortable in any position until eventually I fell asleep on my side on the couch for a few hours, then woke up feeling awful.

I lost all of Saturday, only managing a shower to get dressed and one load of laundry with dh's help. By the end of the day, I could sit on the edge of a straight chair for a while, so did that since I was tired of standing or lying down.

I was at 30% capacity yesterday. The pain was down to steady ache, not pain, most of the time. I managed to get 2 loads of laundry done and at night managed to address emails. I could sit on my regular recliner, properly. I could get up and down to do physio no problem and could do the stretches properly (I was so tight on Saturday, I was basically barely able to bend.) Despite sleeping a lot of the day on Saturday and then overnight with only one interruption in the night, I still managed a 2 hour nap on Sunday afternoon.

Today, I suppose I'm a bit better. I'm strong enough now that I can do a golfer's bend easily (couldn't do that on Saturday) so am getting more things done around the apartment. We have a long drive today. Basically, 1 hour to a luthier, then an hour to dinner, then 2 hours home. I have no idea how I'll cope but will bring lots of pain pills with me. Most of the time I can walk around the apartment without pain and am pretty steady on my feet.

The bed is stripped and the sheets in the washer. The bed is very low so I doubt I can remake it without dh doing the bending (golfer's bend works for pulling of the sheets but I won't be able to put them on with only one hand.) The plants are watered (which involves using a sturdy step stool.)

I'm still not dressed.

Ds called to see if I could babysit today, I said even if we didn't have the trip to the luthier, I would have said no, I have dgs again on Thursday (just for the day) so need to get stronger and can't risk a step backwards.

Next up, onto the floor for a round of physio and then get dressed. My hair looks awful (I showered on Saturday but couldn't style my hair so it is a mess) but I think I'll save a shower for tomorrow. In theory, I wouldn't usually shower today and I don't want to spend my small amount of energy on that.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:27 pm

exercise for this morning done
played with dogs and now I have them out in front chasing each other. I wish I could get them in the back of the yard.
rained this am on top of the snow - a bit icy
dw was emptied and now on again I washed some extras bc I needed to fill the dw.
cleaned sink, counters, microwave, back of tile, sink, swiped window over sink. I also put foil up over the containers that hold spoons etc. and the dog treats - dh is really a creative hand dishwasher and the soap goes everywhere - big lines of it. Yesterday I went to use the can opener and the cans that I opened tasted like Dawn.

dh took out the garbage and recycling - grumbling all the way. he seems to have fast reactions in anger/maybe it's frustration but sounds angry (even swears which he knows I don't want in the house), to things that are simple (more and more as he ages). Then later he is cheerful; a good thing.
remember: I can't make someone else happy - I can just listen when they want to talk.

Next 15 minutes of learning

other sweep, vacuum, dust surface of kitchen
I think I want to work, first, on my zones instead of the weeklies

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:36 pm

hi d Kathryn
hope your back feels better!
Ouch! ((())))

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:38 pm

don't know why but I am feeling a bit emotional again - almost weepy..I am happy so it doesn't make sense.

. I am going to get dressed warm and go out to work in the garage while the garage doors are open. I will let the dogs run around.
studied for one hour.
I found Science in the classroom and am enjoying their articles.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:48 pm

With several activities removed from my schedule today I have time to do things that have been waiting to reach high enough priority for my attention/focus. Several in the SHE village have mentioned exercise this morning so that influenced me to add 15 daily cards (one card per hour) to do quick exercises. I used to do these daily exercises but somewhere along the way I stopped. I can tell my body is stiffer and has lost strength since I stopped doing these. Each of these exercises only takes a couple minutes to accomplish.
1. Head rotation & neck stretches
2. Bounce on mini trampoline
3. Total Body Circles
4. Incline Pushups
5. Single-Leg Stand on each leg
6. Stationary Lunge
7. Heel to Toe Stance and steps
8. Stretch back until fingers are on floor
9. Marching in place knee lifted high
10. 3-way foot kick (up, back, sideways)
11. Grapevine (sideways stepping)
12. Sit-to-stand (arms crossed, hands on opposite shoulders)
13. Sit down & stand up from the floor
14. Wall Angels
15. Squats

I made a big bowl of fruit salad. I have been using a standard Fruit Salad entry (per Nutrition Coordinating Center Food & Nutrient Database (NCCDB) when I enter fruit salad into Cronometer. However since I had a little extra time today I decided that I wanted to know exactly how many calories and macros I am eating. So as I added in the ingredients I weighed and entered them into Cronometer. EEeks! Instead of 140 calories per serving the reality is 338 calories. The macros are also way off. I am glad to know the truth. With this knowledge comes the ability to make better decisions.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:56 pm

Glad Kathryn feels better. Hope that continues.

My pulled muscle is in my side, I guess you might say. Maybe just sort of over to abdomen, too. Still taking a pain pill a day. Not a good place for getting a night's sleep. Didn't get here yesterday.

Right now with HRH at his.appt, minor check up. For the first time in my life, I've gone out without a bra, deciding to keep wearing jacket for camo. I got the feeling yesterday that the band of the bra was aggravating the pain.

If we both feel up to it we might traipse through a grocery.

By Monday evening I need to have made a truly dreaded phone call, and to have unstuck myself from pondering the sewing puzzle.

Return to “Post When You Can”