Slipping into Tuesday PWYC!!!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Slipping into Tuesday PWYC!!!!

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:33 am

our sidewalks have iced over and it is a slippery mess. I wanted to go out today but I would slip slide away - I am sure my neighbors would enjoy the show but I think I will stay in. :D (I think even the squirrels would have a good giggle)

What would you like to have happen today?
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Re: Slipping into Tuesday PWYC!!!!

Postby CathyS » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:35 am

It has been snowing steadily since I woke up more than an hour ago. I was planning on going to the book store, but that can wait until tomorrow.

We are having pork chops for supper. No idea what I will be making with them.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:42 am

I always wanted to ask d cathy - do you have a freezer? The reason I ask is because you make so many amazing meals and I wondered if you have meat and meals stored.

good morning d cathy and d everyone!!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:00 am

We have a large chest freezer for uncooked meat and ice cream. We also have a side-by-side fridge/freezer that has bread, butter and veggies in the freezer and beverages in the fridge. Those are both out in the garage. Inside we have a fridge with a freezer drawer on the bottom. There are partially used bags of veggies, and other odds and ends in there. We freeze the meat before we cook it. The only premade thing that comes to mind are the mini pizzas that I bought before Christmas and I haven't opened that box yet. There is also a Costco bag of meatballs in the chest freezer.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:16 am

Good morning

I agree that Cathy meals sound wonderful and I often use them to inspire my menu plan.

I made another pot of meat/vegetable soup this morning. I keep expecting to get tired of soup but it continues to be my favorite thing to eat. I am observing the gradual change of ingredients each time I make the pot of soup. The soup checks all the healthy ingredient boxes, is easy to make and tastes good. While the weather is cold, I'm going to continue to enjoy the daily warm cups of soup.

I'm have meat thawing to make spaghetti & meat sauce for the family later today. While doing that I will also make a skillet of Manwich for DH. He sometimes eats spaghetti but more often than not he stays away from pasta because it messes with his blood sugar.

Our ice mostly melted by yesterday evening so school is back to regular schedule. DD12 wasn't thrilled about returning to school but she did it with a good attitude this morning. We will be leaving for the gym in 15 minutes.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:32 am

I am up slpet till 6:30.
Got up at 11:00 to soak my feet cracks in heels are very painful so I'm paying attn to foot care.
I put bag balm on them and sox then back to bed slept better after I took a baby aspren.
Got trash out to the curb this morning.
Will soak my feet again then tape the cracks that should help.

Qt. x
bu jo x
I am thawing out some veg. for soup today to go with the rolls I made the other day froze half of em and thawed em out last night.
I am still working on getting stuff out of the freezer in the basement one shelf of veg. left before I get any thing else.
I stocked up well this year! :mrgreen:

It is raining here roads are good snow still on the grass 2-3 " .
Last nite did something I'd put off too long I put summer tees and one other drawer of summer slacks in suit cased to store.
Made room for my winter things yea for that!

F35* / 44* today's temps.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:45 am

Thank you for starting us bw2! I was deliberating on Tuesday so I'm glad you took charge and got us starting!

Very little slipping here today- we're in the forties - tomorrow will see rain and fifties. I only have my workout today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:05 pm

waving to d Nancy, d twins, d cathy (thank you for the info-your meals inspire me as well), hi d lady,
hello d everyone!!!!

I have the "I don't wanna's because I just want to dilly dally" I just feel happy and okay and want to just do happy and okay things ;) :D :D :D

okay time to pull the cards but maybe listen to a good book or podcast along the way.

I kept waking up in the middle of the night and I feel very very lazy!!! dogs don't like lazy.

what I feel like:
read a fun book
look at my new English garden spring magazine.
draw
self care

oh well - first play w dogs. 8-)

it's raining outside. snow doesn't look like it's melting; probably, because of the sheet of ice on top of the snow.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:15 pm

it's 11:08 and I did nothing and enjoyed every minute.
it was fun.

lunch: soup.

do I want to work yet... nope but I will be an adult 8-)
took a tylonel for a headache that is in the background.
stomach is bothering me.

alrighty it is 11:39 am - I am tired but I need to work.
I had decided to do the Linus program when I went through a struggle recently. This week I have figured out which quilt I will do and will need to pick up fabric. I am looking at this as community service and will need to put it on my calendar during the week.

Next: bake sweet potatoes cooking now
worked in garage - I gathered dd's dog stuff and it didn't take long. decluttered a bit in the area.

I feel like sleeping

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:42 pm

My hourly challenges are going smoothly. I got behind in the 11am-noon hour but was able to catch back up. Keeping my focus on just what I need to do this hour keeps me from getting overwhelmed by everything.

Homeschool went well today.

We are gathering tonight as a family to eat together. DD47's SO leaves tomorrow for another 6 months of TDY in Australia.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”