Slipping into Tuesday PWYC!!!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Slipping into Tuesday PWYC!!!!

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:02 pm

Sweet I'm i had a tech issue pc was not doing the numbers and at sign.
So if I vanish have issues.
I am okay.
Please E mail my pass word to me. ty. Just in case.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:45 pm

Okay. Supper will be shoulder pork chops in mushroom gravy with boiled potatoes and corn. Boring as far as colour goes, but we had green peas the last time I made this.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:57 pm

sorry your computer is having problems d Nancy!

I know that dinner will taste amazing d cathy!

hi d lady glad your hourly step by step is working well! I have been using this process since you told us about it. it works very well! Bc of my ADHD I have to break the hour up but the hour is what I do. Thank you for sharing how you work your hour by hour in your home!
glad homeschool went well
Have fun tonight.
Wishing a safe and wonderful trip to Australia - it's hard when they go away for 6 months. Praying that it is a great great experience!

Both my girls loved Australia!!! my youngest loved Fiji as well. They get so excited to hear when someone is going there.

(they didn't like Vegemite - they brought some home and no I did not care for it either lol)
. lots of mutton there and not a fav as far as dd's were concerned.

My younger (third?) cousin lives in New Caledonia and she is loving it. (her dh is in the French military - I don't know which one and they will be there for two years). (her father, my mom's cousin, was in the French Foreign Legion for all his working career).
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:00 pm

instead washing down the wood trim in different rooms and basement; I worked on reducing my flower pictures and designs. (half of the pictures and drawings are gone).

my stomach is still bothering me even though I had a can of ginger ale.
I am going to make some plain pasta.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:20 pm

I seem to be "stuck" these days. Nothing seems like the thing to do. I don't want to do anything. I know I just have to get started somehow.

This a.m. after I walked the dog and had my breakfast/brunch I took a nap. I had trouble getting to sleep last night so I was probably short on sleep, and I was so cold that getting into a blanket on the made up bed (with the dog) and warm up and nap seemed like the thing to do.

I got to my workout and got through it. I feel like I always show up with no energy but then have a good workout. And when I got home I walked the dog two laps. I'm moving my Fitbit goal down and trying to get back into tracking. I've been distracted with weather and haven't been making my goal the past couple of weeks.

I think I'm going to read awhile. Take the pressure off as far as "doing something." Dh is bowling tonight.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:11 pm

Ugh. Dh says that dd emailed him earlier that she has resigned from her job. Wow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:58 pm

Hmmm… Twins… I hope this isn’t going to be a big crisis for dd. Maybe a better offer has come along?
I don’t want to do anything either! I slept all afternoon— and of course, slept all morning too. I was cold too — I think bc the heat quit running constantly. The car thermometer says it’s 58 degrees right now at 5:45! Boy — what a change. And we’re expecting rain too — actually under a flood watch now.

Our schools FINALLY start back tomorrow. We have one of the grandchildren every night since the weekend before it all started… so that’s what — 11 nights? I love them more than anything but it does get my routine out of whack. Well, at least what little “routine” I have.
We’re all going out together again tonight to eat, minus ddil, because she is working.

I hope your stomach problems go away soon, blessed!
And your computer problems, Nancy!

Enjoy your family dinner, Lady M!
Your dinner sounds delicious too, Cathy.

I’ve got to start that hourly focus. I’m really spinning my wheels, especially since the weather got everything out of order.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:01 pm

No, she indeed resigned. It's not been a great situation and she talked to dh a few days ago about it. She is giving a three week notice - she has a week of vacation in February following her notice. And because it's dd, she left her car unlocked (don't know if at home or elsewhere) and her purse was stolen. Tomorrow I need to see what I can do to close her account in a local bank here. So she will update her resume and start looking, in Jewish programming, not administration!

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:18 pm

Good evening! I’m sorry things didn’t work out for your DD, Twins. I hope your computer is soon happy again, Nancy.

We had ice here, too. I drove DC to class, but first, they backed it up to the walk for me. The walk next to the house was fine, but the driveway was a sheet of ice. I did not want to take the interstate to take DC to school— too many “bridge freezes before road surface” for me — so we took surface streets. I took the highway home, but the state route that has no flyovers.

Fortunately, the IT guy didn’t call till I was home; even more fortunately, we were able to get things taken care of online. It took a couple hours, but I think I can access everything I need now.

I spent an hour working on some of my homework from the therapist — this week, it’s cleaning out some boxes in my bedroom. I’ve only gotten about a box and a half done, but there were some things piled on top of the boxes as well, so I’ve managed to fill a kitchen garbage bag to give away, not to mention the stuff I pitched. It’s hard, though, deciding what to do with all this stuff.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:32 pm

good night all!

Return to “Post When You Can”