Well-Spent Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Well-Spent Wednesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:21 pm

hello to all!

I had the I don't wanna's yesterday and ended up needing to rest. Hope everyone has a a very good day!!!

I am laughing to myself bc I just felt like getting to work and just realized it's 12:20!!! What happened to the time?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:41 pm

I was in the bank nearly 30 min and in the end she couldn't close the account today. DD paid her credit card bill last night, not realizing that it would have to clear for the account to be closed. So I need to go back tomorrow or next day. They did put a "restricted" on her account so it couldn't be used for now.

Then dd called and we talked 30 minutes. She actually good, not great, but good. She's working from home today. She's engaged "tele health" mental health services so that's a good call for her.

I stopped at a grocery and got some Starbucks hot chocolate keurig pods for these cold damp days.

I'm feeling resistant to doing anything right now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:51 pm

CI with out cuop
I have added myself to lh pc.
This one has all the numbers and letters on the keys & is like new too.
Some on the other one [mine] have been warn off.
So adding me to this pc is time well spent.
I could not get my other pc to long on to the inernet.
It had a weird setting for the key board too.
So some concerns with it.
Hoping I can get this one set up as me as administrator if not will prob. have to get a diff. one.
I did find a phone# to call.
I am open to suggestions.

I called my dsis and I started chicken in the crock pot, and mixed up corn bread while we talked.

Have a great day!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:24 pm

I saw this today:

"the term "domestic housewife" implies that there are feral housewives, and now I have a goal" 8-)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:26 pm

I am going to eat lunch.

-upstairs, check labels and folders for one color family of cardstock
---make new labels/folders as necessary
---check supplies of card stock for that color family to see if I need to reorder. (I can't keep it all in one file drawer, so I have "back stock"
-bring label maker downstairs
-label 2022 paid bills and 2023 paid bills and move to garage
-find the oldest file of paid bills in the garage and put them in the shred box
-call dh to find out if he's going to program at temple tonight
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:29 pm

my day is not well spent yet but some things have been accomplished.
I went through my 2 junk drawers - I think I might have to do that monthly -

I ordered groceries and then ordered mushroom soup from a local place - now I could kick myself for ordering in soup! it was expensive. it was good but it's bc I put off planning lunch. now I feel over full by the soup.

I think I will make a list for cost co for black beans etc. I don't make those from scratch - I wonder if I should and would it be worth my time.
I wish dh would let me have a dog door. it's been an in and out day for the d dogs.

Next:
dailies that I haven't done yet.
study
exercise
play with dogs.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:35 pm

hi d twins did you have a nice lunch? I am glad your dd is seeking out someone to talk to. Good for her!

hi d Nancy hope you can figure out the pc problems!
have a great day too!

I am waiting to talk to mom's nurse to see if she can switch days for mom as dd younger set up a class in Tampa on that day. dd said she will be home at night. mom has not been wanting to eat much. elevators are still out! she also doesn't want to drink water but dd has a half bottle of water that she makes d mom finish when taking meds. She also makes her drink water with her meals otherwise mom would never remember.

move the things taken out of drawer to where they belong in the garage. done :D
part of me just wants to toss everything but I will need these things in the summer.

put away all the groceries :D - I couldn't believe it but I had run out of chicken in my freezer. Next year I will consider talking the local place where they have free range chickens and see if I could buy from them. it's only 2-3 miles from here.
I also made a mistake in buying black beans - I usually get a 14 or 16 ounce can of organic black beans - I bought 1 pound, 14 ounce cans :shock:

then: counters, sink, stove, microwave, poor dogs are bored
study
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:12 pm

Yeah, and dd's talking to me too. She's really low this afternoon. We talked again for fifteen more minutes and shes weepy.

I ended up doing all the four color families, and the drawer looks so much better. There's more stuff in the front: "Basics" white cardstock, thick white card stock, black cardstock, very vanilla card stock and a couple of other specialty types. I'll do that another time.

I've piddled with my card stock long enough that the rain has moved in. I'm going to dfriend M's for wine a little later, so need to walk the dog quickly (raincoat!)

I'm taking the label maker back downstairs and will take trash from up here too.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:19 pm

(((your sweet girl))) d twins.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:41 pm

Ugh. I'll need that glass of wine with M soon. I texted her to ck, did she say 4:45 or 5:15? I did walk the ddog a lap, not raining too hard.

dd called again as I was heading downstairs so I forgot the label maker.

Return to “Post When You Can”