Thursday's Thread PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Thursday's Thread PWYC

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:49 pm

I also like threads in our title. Have been doing some fabric cutting today. Made a slight mistake but corrected it and didn't lose anything, so that was a good outcome!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:52 pm

Good for you, Harriet! Glad it resonated.

I had another call with dd. I tried to nap but didn't drift off, too much on my mind with her. I'm doing a COVID test right now. I don't think it is, but checking. And symptoms didn't start until last night so if COVID, it might not even be positive yet.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:01 pm

d lady - you have the best of all worlds. Your own town, a bigger city and the big big city. how wonderful!
I am so happy that your ds will get his truck back!

I used to go to downtown Chicago a lot for water activities, plays and symphonies and museums; but not so much anymore as Chicago, to me, is becoming more dangerous. There are a lot of areas that were highly thought of at one time - that now have big groups of teens, and young adults that aren't stopped by the last two mayors directions. We also have many homeless tents along lakeshore drive now: that never happened before. I have lived here all my life and it's hard to see it changing like this.

At one time, We lived an hour from Madison (269,000 people) at one time and loved that we had the best of country life and city life by us. I still love Madison.

d harriet - how fun! enjoy!!!

d twins I had covid symptoms after my shot - no covid.
Praying you feel better!!!

t
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:05 pm

listening to dogs whining. :shock:
they would have me play all day!!!

I wish I hadn't bought that expensive soup yesterday - The tomato soup is soooo sweet that I ended up tossing it.
put away dishes
dh and I admired his artwork with the dawn dish soap... I don't know what it is but he artistically puts it all over the right side of the stove and on the window! it reminds me of Jackson Pollock!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:55 pm

I did go back to bed and slept till a bit before my eight a m alarm went off today.
Forgot to mention that, it has my day off a bit.
Food is cooked I had my meat & veg. for lunch.
Did some not taking on info. I wanted to use in my journal.
Took winter blankets off the bed.
Took the items for the gift tote out of one with out a lid and put em in one with a lid.

My town had just over 7,000 in it, the town across the river has 34,000 in it as of 2020.
Not much shopping how ever we lost kmart and shopko before the pandemic.
There is a across the river; ross, tj max, staples, north forty used to be my favs. for art dates.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:24 pm

Covid test was negative. I don't feel too bad, just snuffly and sore throat. Rain is coming down outside.

I ran out of the label tape so I ordered on Amazon. If I get a chance I'll stop at Staples to see if I can get it sooner, but whatever. I alphabetized all the solid non-current card stock. I really need to let some go. I have a file drawer and a half of another.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:38 pm

I am glad you went back to bed d Nancy! you needed it!

I love to hear about all the different towns! Thank you for sharing d Nancy and d lady.
I do miss the country side and smaller towns where I lived for a couple years

as we are a far northwest suburb of Chicago- there are differing amounts of population per city.
my area are different suburbs with one main name - Mine is B... 10,000 has 3 block town, North B.3000, south b.huge buildings and stores, lake B shores 5000, right by us is B hills which the land is in 5 acre or more parcels - where I would love to live and it has 4000. it's very quiet - lots of woods, horse trails, etc. but very very expensive.

Our towns have land set aside everywhere by the citizens for conservation, that become lake county protected land. (lots of marshes and woods. (part of hill and dale farm was recently added to the protected land through this conservation group. I feel I am lucky to live near woods but it's still very noisy for me. I would move to the countryside in a minute.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:41 pm

I am so relieved for you d twins = wonderful!

washed the walls and doors in laundry room - it took a lot less time than I thought
cleaned the bottom of stove again after sweet potato debacle. :shock: :D I forgot to put a pan under the sweet potatoes baking.
counters are clean
sink looks nice
played go find the duck with the dogs

I need to vacuum, sweep and rinse first floor
but I want to study a bit.
then put away

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:44 pm

I found the cookies that I had made to cook - I thought they were pre-made meatballs :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
next timer on for 1 hour - learning did 45 minutes
played with dogs bc they wouldn't leave me alone ;)
washed the bottom half of the walls, cabinet fronts and wood trim in kitchen
washed the bottom half of the walls going down the stairs to the basement and cleaned the hand rails.

dd younger said they have one elevator working!!! first time in 2 weeks yay!!! we were going to bring mom home if they didn't fix it bc she was getting stuck in her own brain. yay yay yay.
dd has a dog training class and she asked the nurse to come a day early so that she can give mom her pills and make sure she eats the breakfast dd made her and a neighbor will make sure d mom eats the dinner dd will leave her.

I am also thrilled that dd younger got home safe last night- I always worry, but I don't tell her that. she was in a middle of a nowhere construction job site. (wild life and vagrants - I always worry). ( she couldn't bring her dog on the job site at night bc of the massive equipment)

I still remember when she was left in a mine and no one was around for miles (then one man walked by and thank goodness he was part of a mine crew; but no one remembered she was out there. :shock:

I found out dd older's company had chipotle for everyone and she made me a chicken bowl out of the left overs. I was going to cook but I am happy with not cooking tonight.

okay: time to put the small vacuum away and bring out the large vacuum to go over all the floors.
I need to wash the dining room table top. dh feeds the cat on there (otherwise the dogs would ravish her food - they are labs) and he doesn't throw the cans away or wash the table. (I won't complain bc he has been really happy)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:12 pm

I have napped again did some knitting then found a mistake and took some out fixed it and am back to where I started with it today.
Went outside in the back yard now that 96% of the snow is gone picked up after the dog.
I have my steps in with the stat bike and walking a grid pattern in the back yard.
Got the food put up before lunch what I did not need for today is in the freezer upstairs now.
Feels like good progress.

Return to “Post When You Can”