Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Friday PWYC

Postby lucylee » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:00 pm

I am distracted 83 times a minute.

I can believe it, LadyM. I think it happens here, and there's only one other person in my house!

Apparently, it takes the first two hours of my day to do the following:
* breakfast w/dh (nothing that requires cooking)
* exercise/walk away the pounds (approx 15-20 minutes, tops)
* s2s, Bible reading (just short devotional & passage for the day, NOT my more intense chapter a day study)
* helping dh "set up" kitchen -- breakfast bowls/etc for next week... meds for next 4 days... soup, utensils for Sunday.
and today, in this time period,
* I drove a nail in the wall of the bathroom closet to hang a toilet reamer (sp?) and
* put away a few items of clothing that had been hanging to dry.

WHERE does the time go???
DH suggests we go ahead and go to Next Town, drop off tax info, eat (our two separate favorites), and maybe stop at Publix for things we're out of that we need before Sunday.

I couldn't sleep last night. Got to thinking about dgs playing football and got very nervous... some people have serious injuries playing football... not anyone I KNOW personally, but still...

I love the video too, LadyM. Wish I could drop dh off at day camp once a week. :lol:
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:27 pm

Had lunch
did another walk with ddoggo 48* outside sunny here it was very nice.
Found a bag the wind had blown on my walk came home to get my stick with a hook on it to
retrieve cans & trash from under a barbed wire fence they repaired after a
job this summer on my walking route at the corner. It looks better now yea!
Got my exercise goal for today reached.
Missed our walk yesterday so this helped.

Ddoggo is napping now.
I'm taking a rest break before I do some yarn crafting.
Got the trash dumped.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:40 pm

I took a nap while the challah was mixing in the breadmaker. I'm not sure I slept but I rested. Roomba started up again and then got itself lost and I think I now have it docked and done.

It's sixty-six right now and feels like spring. I actually the a/c run for a few minutes to take some humidity out of the air. The rain begins again tomorrow, all day.

Dd is on the tarmac in ATL but plane isn't going to gate or unloading. She has 45 min to get to the shuttle so I hope she makes it. There's another one an hour later but sometimes they get full.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:45 pm

d twins I am glad you took a nap - look at you taking a nice rest and having the challah mini at the same time.
a/c for taking out humidity is a great idea!!!
praying they let her out soon so that she can get the earlier shuttle.
---------------------------------------------------
4:44 pm
it's official I am getting tired 8-)
dogs have been fed early, cat has been fed early
cleaned the dining room table well
swept, vacuumed, rinsed first floor.
put things back in the dining room

I need to empty the dw.
I need to flip laundry when needed

tomorrow is our dinner out with dh's siblings. It will be a long evening but very fun!
I think I will cook our soup in the morning instead of Sunday.
I think I will menu plan tomorrow as well.
I think I will clean the bird seed up and refill the bird feeders

I could do the 3 season room but nope.
the one job left for the basement for tomorrow or Sunday is vacuum the 2 closets in the basement.

Today I learned more about pine cones than I ever thought that I would need to know!!! 8-)

dh is worrying me - his breathing is loud (through his mouth) but he says that he is fine - no problems :shock:
he is also worrying dd older. He says he is fine and no problems and that he will not get tested, as they want him to do.
I think I will put the humidifier next to him tonight.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:38 pm

Got a loaf of bread & rolls too proofing in the oven.
Cleaned up after and put away the dishes.
Some one was commenting IRL how they did not like doing dishes esp, them being on the counter.
I said you are missing a step have your dd dry & put them away.
:idea: That was like a light bulb moment for her.

Did a bit of knitting.

Got some great vids. today put the wrong setting I was going to put them up after the first of the mo.
they were up and already getting views. One is just one away from 500. :mrgreen:
Dump truck with rocks and geese & the dog and I are on a walk. I am talking a bit to other walkers you can hear me.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:44 pm

Wondering if Twins’ dd made it to the shuttle.

We both ate at Chick-Fil-A. DH’s favorite burger place wasn’t open.
Dropped off the tax stuff.
Stopped at Publix — and spent approximately $75 on basically nothing but soft drinks! Apples, bananas, a few other items. A King Cake, which no one but me will probably eat, but I couldn’t resist. It’s kinda dry, though. Isn’t there something you can do to help a dry cake or bread?
Got Dgd, took her to McD’s, stopped at local grocery store, and convenience store…
Home, put away groceries and read the paper.
Daunt called.
— This accounts for the past 4 hours, I guess.

Editing an hour later —
Put a load of clothes in washer— very small load that won’t matter if the chlorine is “off” and leaves bleach spots
Washed and put away dishes
Got church stuff put away in new notebook for this year
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:12 pm

She made it, and she's home!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:01 pm

I'm sure you're relieved, Twins'! Glad that shuttle plan worked so well.

The webinar was frantically exciting today, if a webinar can be so. This Dr. speaks at a fast clip anyway; a very positive, quick-thinking person. Add in the time limit of how much can you say in one hour-long Zoom, plus the hope of so many folks that he could answer them in Q and A at the end, and it was a rapid-fire barrage of information! There were 2,000 attending, and equally divided into those who had, had not, or had partially read the first quarter of the book already (I was a partial). I took notes, but thank goodness there is also a recording.

I started my batch of broccoli sprouts, about as "late" as ever getting a replacement one started because I haven't felt so well, I guess, dealing with some pain. But for reasons not the least of which was that he held up HIS latest batch for the camera, lol, and said if he didn't have to travel so much, he would never let HIS home batches run out. Lol, so I was kind of embarrassed in front of my own resolutions and hurried to the kitchen to catch up.

We had a grocery delivery today so that was helpful in this constant rain.

Dd25 wants me to go out with her in the morning on her errands. I'll need to feel a little better, but may go.

Today was DangerBoy's tour of one of the colleges he is considering, and also he got his partial license to drive today (limited to daytime). Dd44 dropped by to see us before she left with him for all that.

Return to “Post When You Can”