Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Friday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:21 pm

painted under the sink in kitchen
the opossum is gone :D
rinsed the bottom walls and vents in family room
cleaned a couple things.
lunch eaten
turned dw on
used windex on basement mirrors - not perfect - but looks better
cleaned the bottom trim in basement with vinegar water (I need help to move hoosier cabinet to wash behind it.

my ADHD is taking over - get my timer going .
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:25 pm

Your bread pudding add-ins sound so good, LadyM!

Crafting and cooking, Nancy, you do stay busy, don't you?

We loved Hb helper back here in the day, Cathy. Don't do now - dh doesn't do the pasta. I eat it on rare occasions.

This time:
-try to run the a flat extension cord under the LR rug to eliminate a barrier for the Roomba.
-make up the bed, sheets are dry
-s2s finally and dry hair

dh texted about going to Costco later and I sent him my list and suggested we order in or get something from Costco for our supper tonight. I'm going to the grocery in the a.m. and will ask dd about some preferences before I go.

I am dragging today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:46 pm

I just sent this quick reel to DBro and told him this might be needed. DSisIL is retiring next week and they are a little concerned about what they will do together 24/7. She has always traveled several days a week for her job so being together nonstop will be a new experience. I think the video will make him laugh. I encouraged him to just have some fun and it will be okay.

I haven't got into my groove today. Woke up late, went to gym late, grocery store stop, financial advisor called and discussed some things, DS15 has been in/out/in/out/in/out and talking, talking, talking. We have agreed to sell a vehicle and a dirt bike with individuals who are interested. Onenote had a conflict that I needed to troubleshoot and fix. DD12 wanted to talk. DBro called for a 40 minute chat.
I have stayed busy but I'm not in my hourly groove. Reminding myself ....It's okay to color outside the lines sometimes. :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:29 pm

oh my gosh d lady - THAT WAS THE BEST!!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:41 pm

Not altogether successful in getting rid of some wires that the Roomba is upset about. I am going out (with a mask) to the bank for dd.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:59 pm

I made another pot of meat/veg soup that I love. All feels right in my food world again. I was surprised at my strong negative feeling this morning when i realized I didn't have any soup to eat. I didn't have time to make a pot of soup so I ate an egg and an ounce of chicken before leaving for the gym. I continue to wonder how long my fixation and addiction to this soup will continue. At least it is a healthy food addiction.

DS15 came/went two times in the past hour and each time he wants to talk. I gave him lunch money and some more money with a request to get a couple lbs of brisket from local BBQ place for me. DH came into the kitchen while I was cooking and asked questions about a project. DD12 came to ask what I was cooking and got some food to eat. I let the two bigger dogs out to keep them out of the kitchen and spend some time in the back yard. No wonder I need cards so much. I am distracted 83 times a minute (gross exaggeration) I am slowly getting back into my groove and working the hourly cards. It feels good to be able to check things off and know that I'm not letting important things fall through the cracks.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:29 pm

LM that reel was SO funny!
I had a failed attempt at a W-mart store run my place is lovely sunny and the fog burned off.
Foggy thick like pea soup down town so I turned around and came back home,
Wisdom kicked in, I did need to start the truck I can give my self a star for that!
Checked the mail and walked the dgoggo.
I have food in the house so am good for lunch had bfast not to long ago so that will wait.
Talked with my dsis.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:37 pm

tomorrow or Sunday will be my cooking day. I might menu plan tomorrow instead of Sunday. Think EAT MEDITERRANEAN, EAT HEALTHY

hi d Nancy! I thought the reel was very funny too!
sorry you couldn't get to Wally mart bc of the fog!
Giving you and "atta girl!!!" for starting the truck.
I am glad you had a nice talk with your d sis!

hi d lady! mmmm mmm good - home made soup! I think soup is comforting and the nutritionally satisfying!
I am glad your ds can drive at 15 - here if you drive at 14/15 then it's bad. I know when we lived by farmland kids started driving tractors etc. early. Not a big deal!
I will say my cards, and timer, help with my ADHD!
bread pudding sounds good to me too!

d twins have a good trip to the bank!
how nice that your dh is going to cost co!
I am sending you some non dragging tea for you to sip!

hi d Cathy lol re: cat!
what ever you decide to do; may it be wonderful!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:42 pm

the , one, elevator stopped working again!!! Both elevators are out for dd and d mom.
it has not been good for mom!

Her nurse made a crack to mom that dd younger needs to get a tv etc. that works for mom (she said it to mom not knowing that dd younger heard her) Mom has dementia - she doesn't remember one thing to the next about even the basic buttons for the tv. ;) :roll:

Mom does need a new tv, even though it still works fine, but with the elevator out then it is impossible to get it up 7-8 flights of stairs.

next:
I could do exercise but I think I want to learn or read a bit.
Then do a room by room quest
then vacuum and rinse first floor.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:55 pm

I love it, LadyM! I may have to do that when dh retires! (Or I wonder if he could be dropped off at Costco?)

Bank from bank and post office for HOA. (Wore a mask, I have a low grade fever.) We assess a penalty on late HOA dues after 31 January. I may get another deposit ready and take it in the a.m. when I go grocery shopping. My experiment was a fail so I need to put things back like they were.

Just heard dh hit the garage door so he's home. He sometimes sits in the car awhile if he's on the phone.

-start challah
-get reading light in LR back like it was
-get HOA deposit ready
-help dh put away things

OMG, bw2! That is awful!

Return to “Post When You Can”