Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:54 am

Can't come up with a theme for today - no imagination.

It's Friday, let's do it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:03 am

I don't know if I'm feeling better or not, this does feel like a cold, and now I'm draining copiously, but not wheezy. I'll hold off a doctor call.

But I am not going to pick dd up at 5:30 in ATL on a Friday night. The airport is on the south side and we are to the north, and I need to save my energy for her, she is feeling very needy right now. I'll call her soon and let her know I booked the shuttle and see if she wants me to take her back to the airport on Monday.

I'm trying to think of easy things I could cook, but probably not for tonight.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:04 am

Having you start is inspiring d twins!! Thank you for waking us up and starting the day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:13 am

I found out why our dogs were going nuts in the inside back yard - a young opossum must have been hurt by dogs last night - I am not sure. If I was young and my ankles were good then I would take it to the woods but that wouldn't be a good idea. I will call our local animal company and see if they can put it in the woods down the road.

the eldest dog is going nuts and I had to lock her out of the kitchen for my sanity ;) :shock: :shock: :shock:

good morning I am sorry you are still feeling bad d twins!!!
the shuttle will be good especially with you not feeling well!
praying for good things for your dd
Order in!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:09 am

I booked dd's shuttle trip. She is disappointed but I hope she understands. She asked me to make challah, which is easy to do. She has 45 min from the time the plane is supposed to land to get to the shuttle departure gate. I am taking her back to the airport on Monday - will be in Monday a.m. traffic but at least it will be light instead of dark. She is a stickler for getting there early for flights so wants to be there at 9ish for 11:40 flight.

I have bed sheets going in the washer, dog is fed.

-answer a dreaded email
-fold load of laundry on kitchen table
-clear long outside kitchen counter and wipe

I'm not sure I'm even hungry this a.m. My focus stinks too.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:53 am

CUOP while pedaling 8 minutes on recumbent bike. This is how i warm body up before starting at the gym.

I slept in almost 3 hours later than i typically wake up. I do love mornings when i can do that without consequences
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:03 pm

Yes, I love to be able to sleep in, LadyM.

I'm trying to think of something for our supper that dd could eat late and would like. Between her tastes and my energy level, I'm stuck. Perhaps take out.

-reboot laundry, fold darks and put away
-brunch
-clear kitchen island
-another email (why did temple admin lady give someone my name for genealogy?)
-get roomba going in breakfast room area

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Free Day Friday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:18 pm

I slept great last night had funny dreams very comforting to laugh at my silliness! :lol:
Foggy here today tweaking my plans & that's okay.
I need to package up the soups I made up yesterday I will do that.
I can make dog treats too.

I am to the last section of a crochet hot pad I am working up.
I did get some more progress on a knitting project I had to rework some rows yesterday.
I would luv to get to the sewing zone today. I keep promising myself I will do that!

I have done most of my most cooking days this week Wed. & Thurs.
I need to remember that I am making progress.
Got Feb. pages & calendar in my planners.

Using this post for part of my journal I have... I can ... I will... or is is I am....
I did my 8 joys last night on my journal page.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:42 pm

Hi!

It was raining earlier and even the youngest cat didn't want to go out. She is out now, but the first 3 trips to the door were "No, thanks! I'm not going out in that!"

We will be having Hamburger Helper by request, the cheeseburger one.

I don't know if I'll go to knitting or not.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:00 pm

I stopped by the store on way home from gym to pick up a gallon of milk. I needed it to make Bread Pudding. I have some French loaves and homemade bread on hand that need to be used. I'm fairly sure I don't like bread pudding but wanted to play in the kitchen. I do love to experiment so part of the recipe will be made with raisin, part with chocolate chips and the third part with chopped apples. I'm adding a tablespoon of whiskey to the glaze icing to further the creative twist I'm putting on the recipe. Some people are good at following recipes, but I don't seem to be able to resist the creative ways of changing it and seeing what happens.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”