Survey Your Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Survey Your Saturday

Postby Harriet » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:55 am

What are you surveying, spotting, seeing, "I spy"-ing, and observing today? Homemakers are the lookouts for our families and households! We are smart cookies, and we notice so many little things before they become big ones! What are you watching out for today?

Internationally, we observe International Holocaust Remembrance Day today.

This is a United Nations observance that honors and remembers the tragedy of the Holocaust and the millions of people who lost their lives at the hands of the Nazi government.

The 27th was chosen as it marks the anniversary of the date when, in 1945, Soviet troops liberated Auschwitz-Birkenau, the largest concentration camp.

Importantly (no, it's not, I'm kidding), the U.S. commemorates National Chocolate Cake Day today. Hmmm... .. Well, now, maybe we watch OUT for chocolate cake? We hold the ramparts fast against the caloric menace. Or something like that.

CathyS

Re: Survey Your Saturday

Postby CathyS » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:12 am

Hi!

I wish I could survey the area around me, but we are fogged in. I can see the closest neighbour and most of the driveway and that's it! :shock:

No idea what we are having for supper.

I don't know if I'm going to my "Stitching Saturday" group. I'll wait and see how the fogginess goes.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:25 am

fast against the caloric menace

Harriet - I love your way with words. Thanks for opening the SHE village today.

I woke up an hour before normal get up time because I did not want to stay in bed like yesterday. I did enjoy those 3 extra hours of sleep yesterday, but it threw my entire day off and I was playing catchup the entire day without ever catching up. I prefer getting things done in a rhythmic, calm and energy producing way.

After a couple weeks of cold and cloudy days we are predicted to return to sunshine and above freezing temp for the next 6 days. I have already been outside 3 times this morning enjoying the comfortable weather. The birds are singing so loud that I can hear them while inside the house.

Our small town is hosting a fund raiser today for a local lifelong lady who fell and broke both of her legs. She needs a helping hand while missing work and recovering. We are having a silent auction and community meal with all proceeds going to her. I will be spending a couple hours today supporting this effort.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:03 am

We got dd home last night and I think everyone slept well. It's pouring rain today, so I have ordered Instacart and will push off the trip to the bank and getting gas and going to the drugstore for another day. Ddog is sleeping in still, I'll have to take her out in the rain eventually and around the block.

Dd is up and in good spirits, very talkative. I may lose my mind but it's dd and I love her and I'm glad she's here.

The house is quiet.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:14 am

Cathy, we are foggy, too - not used to having your same weather! HRH thought it was much earlier in the morning, it seemed so dark.

Not so sure I'm going with dd this morning. I like to spend time with her, but I'll just be sitting in the car waiting on her for her errands, so not very helpful. And there's nothing at any fast food I want to eat.

I need to do some cleaning and decluttering today.
I'll take an early SURVEY of Desk Day, too.

Ddil's bday is coming up and I continue clueless as to what she would EVER like. (I shared with ya'll before that ds can't think of a single hobby she likes, for instance.) I know there are generic gifts, but which one? Never get any clues! I'm close to calling our green-eyed boy and asking him! If I knew, dd and I could do that today... .. She and HRH exchange gag gifts, but I don't even like that they do that.

Oh, wait. Dd is sketching out a painting, anyway. If she gets caught up in that she'll probably postpone her errands.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:44 am

happy morning to you!!! I will be back soon but wanted to say hello!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:37 pm

Unloaded and reloaded dishwasher.
Watered all plants.
Put the laundry into the dryer and now all clean laundry is away.
Washed knives/large utensils and most pots and pans. (I thought I was done and then I turned around and saw 2 frying pans on the stove...)

Fog is receding. All 3 cats were outside for a while. Now the older 2 are inside sleeping.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:41 pm

Dd is showering, I gave her my special body was to use and told her to pamper herself. Dh not home yet. House is quiet for a minute.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:53 pm

hello again!

d harriet thank you for starting us and also thank you for sharing that it is Holocaust remembrance day!
I also love that you celebrate the art of homemaking! It touches my heart and I like to think about homemaking as an occupation/love.
I am so happy you enjoyed the webinar yesterday!!!

d twins I am so happy your dd is home (I know you worried about her traveling from the airport)
Nothing feels better than to know one is loved - I know your dd is relishing being home with all that adore her.

d cathy fog seems to be going across North America!
whatever you decide to do today, may it give you joy!

d lady yay on getting sunshine and warmth soon.
I love when the birds sing with joy early in the morning!
praying for the woman!

d everyone good morning!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:00 pm

Harriet thanks for the great opening today!

We have rain today I turned off the music to hear the rain.
No fog this morning.
QT has been broken up I awoke in the nite with an ache so listened to
audio Bible segment for today and went back to bed to sleep till reg. time to get up.
Have been up a bit and did some journaling.
Down loaded a file I lost on the other p/c and found access to it in my email and it is now on this one! Yea for success.
Moved it and put a better name on it learning where stuff is after updates is good for my brain.

Deciding on town or sewing today.
I need bfast in a bit. x
Rolls need to be bagged up. x

I have meals made ahead to eat so that will help.
Menu options are ...
Soup
Spaghetti & sauce
Chicken baked

Waving to everyone have a great day!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”