51 days until spring - PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: 51 days until spring - PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:33 pm

a quick hello -
I made the rest of the dough into balls for freezer - twelve cookie (apricot jam cream cheese cookies)
dinner is made.
I thought I would cut up veggies but I will wait until tomorrow morning - I will make a spinach dip tomorrow
I think I would like to exercise

putting on Love on the spectrum - my daughters loved it because of it's pureness. They loved it. I am on my first video.

I have a whole chicken in the fridge that I will cook tomorrow
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:51 pm

Cathy, I am so sorry about the clean up. Can you "read the riot act" to your dh? Or ask doctor to do so?

Quiet afternoon. Dh was watching football, dd out. She said she should be here around six. I'm going suggest we Doordash if she wants.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:52 pm

(((Cathy)))
No words... just lots of (((BIG HUGS))) and prayers that this situation will improve somehow.

I had something I wanted to talk to you girls about and then I just remembered I've got to take the trash out! :lol:

BBL.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:10 pm

Love on the spectrum

I sought out and watched shows that deals with autism as I continue seeking to understand how best to support DD12. I did learn things I didn't know as I watched Love on the spectrum. Now I'm watching the Australia version of the show.

Jabber warning. I obviously am not sure about my decision to get DD12 officially diagnosed with autism and so I keep talking talking talking about it. Usually this chatter happens in my head but here it is spilling out onto the SHE board again.
I recently went back to Sept 2023 post on SHE forum and read the discussion that we had about Autism. I continue to second guess and question my decision to not have DD12 receive an official diagnosis from medical professional. I discussed this decision again with DD12 counselor last week because DD12 has developed her first tic. It is a mild head shaking tic that isn't very noticeable and doesn't cause her physical harm, so medication isn't needed (yet?). I don't want to let DS15 experience receiving official medical DSM diagnoses color my view/decisions of DD12 challenges & experiences because everyone is different. The two kids share DNA but are opposites in most ways. D12 has a complete mental block of her earlier years where DS15 remembers almost everything from a very young age. DD12 learns quickly and makes straight A's with minimum effort. DS15 is smart but needs to frequently manage his anxiety and hyper distraction so he learns at his own rate/way. DS15 makes friends easily and talks to anyone without much encouragement. DD12 has a group of 5 friends at school that she hangs around with when she is in school but she doesn't make friends easily and tends to shy away from people. When it is just DD12 and me then she talks nonstop and is very animated but she reverts to being quiet when other people are around. I was soooo very proud of DD12 last week because she talked to the waitress at the restaurant to give her food order. This was a huge step for DD12.
Yikes! How did I go on for so long? Maybe I should delete or not post this but here I am sharing my lack of confidence and hesitation in the decision to officially put that autism label on DD12. If there was a need then I would do it in an instant. But she gets accommodations from school without having official DSM diagnoses declared and included on her IEP.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:14 pm

hello
load of dishes on in dw

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:27 pm

I have been outside and did a walk around in the main part of the yard no snow in my yard and did not have to pick up after ddoggo.
Got the vid. of my snowdrop flowers!
Now my phone is charging.
It was really good for me to go outside and get more fresh air I needed that!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:44 pm

Dh's primary doctor had him on a catheter in May of 23 or 22? (can't remember now, probably 22) and that lasted less than 24 hours. We've been dealing with it since before that. Tried 3 or 4 brands of "underwear" and these fit the best and allegedly absorb the most, but dh guzzles liquids all day and all night, then takes 2 gummies to fall asleep and then can't get out of bed and into the washroom quickly enough. Like I told him very early this morning, I'm with him in sickness and in health, but he has to try to help not make it so much work for me. He sits on the couch and watches me mop every time. He does try to help by mopping the bathroom, but he rarely mops all the way back to the beginning of the mess. I really only knew what happened this morning because I was walking on sticky spots all the way from the bedroom to the bathroom, even with the lights off. When I turned all the lights on, he was asleep on the couch because the bed was soaked.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:49 pm

sorry I haven't responded individually most of the day!

hi d Nancy glad you have been able to be outside! fresh air does wonders for me too!

d lady - I saw that there was also was love on the spectrum from Australia
My d sis in law worked with grammar school and then high school children with cerebral palsy, autism, etc. and she loved it.

You know it's hard to know what the next right thing to do is for our children. It is very good that they have made accommodations for her! Trust yourself! If the teachers/counselors at school and her counselor tell you other wise than you know.
isn't it wonderful that she had a nice talk to the waitress - so very cool! good for her!
and thank you for sharing d lady!

hi d Lucy lol - hope you got the trash out!!!

hi d twins, hi d cathy, hi d Nancy, hi d lady again , hi d Lucy,

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:58 pm

LadyM, I understand your thinking. As I’ve probably told y’all, dgs has never had a medical diagnosis, but he was tested at school and has autism on his IEP. His sp ed teacher, whom he sees about once a week, has actually y to old ds/ddil that he probably doesn’t need their services now, but he is staying on the IEP just kinda as a security blanket if he ever needs it. He makes excellent grades, goes to gifted ed, and plays sports. But he has some social skills. He doesn’t mind talking to ANYONE — he just sometimes doesn’t know when to stop. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”