Make up your Mind Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Make up your Mind Monday

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:30 am

Control your thoughts, and you'll control your emotions. Control your emotions, and you'll control your actions. Control your actions, you'll control the outcome.

This quote isn't always true for me because sometimes things happen. However, most of the time it does help when I make up my mind to direct my thoughts.

What have you decided to think about today?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Make up your Mind Monday

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:41 am

I am on hour #4 of my day and needed to take a break to update cards and regroup.

I am missing RR posting. I hope all is okay and wonder what she is doing.

I made another big pot of meat/vegetable soup this morning and carefully weighed each ingredient. I am tracking macros and nutrients so I needed good information. I wasn't watching the total macros as I was adding individual ingredients so I was completely surprised and thrilled when I finished and saw I hit my macro goals exactly at 100%

DD12 is at school. DS15 is doing homeschool lessons. DH slept in late and is now getting ready for the day. We didn't make it to the gym and now we are too late to go this morning because of DS15 music lesson @10:30. Maybe we will be able to fit in a trip to the gym this afternoon.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:46 am

I have a question what is the best way to dispose of an old chromebook?
Yes it has been wiped clean. okay got my ans. dson was a tech. our landfill has recycling. At least it is one option.
Still making up my mind on letting go of this one.

I have vacuumed liv. room that is my zone focus for the week. Done.
It needs a good spiff and dust at some point. Done.
Bfast has not happened yet. Done.
Dust liv. rm. Done.
I am good on my steps for this part of my day yea!

Luvly weather here today sunny and Hi temps. 61* F. / 43* Lo .

Next 5 all done.
Rounded up laundry started 1st load. One of two.
Found pc boxes to confirm the year of them one I bought 1st is 2018.
Swept floors.
PUPA
RBR
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:09 pm

a fine good morning to you d lady and dear all!
thank you for starting us!!!!

hi d Nancy!

I have always smiled at that quote; the reason being, is that being in control of your feelings/emotions was not an immediate feeling when I was younger - even though I am usually calm. Remember, I come from a little French woman who can talk (very fast French or Alsatian) , wag her finger, etc. before thinking about the calm that should come first before the reaction. :lol: I learned from the best 8-)

Age and experience really helped me learn how to step back - lol - most of the time.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:16 pm

my hope today:
exercise including ankle and stretching
zone: garage for until Jan 31
15 minutes in bedroom 2
bird seed clean up and reset
pick up in back yard as long it is not slippery
15 minutes front hall
5 minute shuffle through rooms
study - 1 hour

think weekly kitchen/laundry room chores

put music on and dance - 8-)

set timer

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:38 pm

I'm back from getting dd to the airport in ATL. We left at 6:30ish and I just got back. Not as much traffic and delay as I feared but knowing her anxiety I wanted to get her there in plenty of time.

My emotions are raw this morning on seeing her off. I'm having a bite to eat and am going to nap now with the dog. (I think I hear her just eating her breakfast,) This afternoon I'll s2s and dh and I are eating out tonight.

We did have a good visit with her and I know it was good for her. We were all on "best" behavior as much as possible.

Ddog is out for a few minutes. I'll nap when she comes in. (dh walked her this a.m. after we left.)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:02 pm

LadyM... I'm in the middle of my migraine season. Sat I had the worst I've ever had. It hit in mid-morning...very unusual for me and I took my meds as soon as I felt it. Managed to grab my ice hat and crawled into bed with a full set of sweats, a T, socks and my slippers. The pain was indiscribable and every little movement made it hurt worse. I was cold from my ice hat and wanted to put on my electric blanket. The controls were reachable but I couldn't do it. Thought of calling 911 but couldn't handle the idea of someone moving me because the pain was so bad.

Laid there for over 6 hours without moving an inch., just trying to ride the pain. Finally I was able to open my eyes once the pain lessened. It was terrifying and not something I want to experience again...and in all my years with these migraines I've never felt scared of them.

Laughed at your comment of having to stay up while your DS15 had friends over at night. Brought back plenty of memories for me. My house was where all the kids gathered and I was fine with that because I knew all of them and I knew where my son was. Especially once he began to drive. I would occasionally walk down to where every one was singing ...Mom patrol :D

My problem was many of the kids...girls and boys..were in high school and all knew I was a teacher. It was not uncommon for them to show up at 6:30 PM so because they wanted me to help them with their homework. This was usually on a Friday night and I used to tease them about it being the weekend and I didn't want to teach anymore. My dinning and living rooms were open to each other and my dinning room table would seat 10, so sometimes I would have a bunch of kids sitting around it before the fun began.

Usually on Sat nights the boys would stay over. I made sure I had their parents names and phone numbers. They also had to hand over their car or truck keys because I didn't trust them to tell their parents they were with me and then sneak out of my house to go do something else. I'm not stupid and I was a teenager once. I told them If I woke up in the middle of the night and they were gone, cause they had an extra set of keys, I would call their parents and the kid wouldn't be allow back at my house. Because many of them had had me as a teacher, they know I kept my word so that solved the problem.

Then the boys would put their shoes in front of my son's bedroom door so I knew how many boys were in there. Usually there were at least 6 of them at any given time. Don't know where they slept...mostly in bean bags and pallelts on the floor. When I got up in the morning I would count how many shoes were set out and multiply the number by 6. Then I knew how many pancakes I needed to make.

Set the dinning room table with syrup, powder sugar, jelly, peanut butter and a jug of milk and orange juice and would call them to breakfast. Everyone had to leave by 11am, but not before all the towels in my sons bath room where hung and all the blankets were folded and put in their proper spot and my dinning room table had been cleaned. Never had a problem with that because they knew if that wasn't done, they couldn't come back.

The boys loved eating with me because they loved pancakes and would tell me their moms never made them for them.

I wouldn't trade those days for anything.... :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:14 pm

what is the best way to dispose of an old cromebook?

I suspect there are many possible answers to this question. It depends on how comfortable you are with the possibility of someone getting information that is on the chromebook/laptop. It also depends on where you live and the recycle options available. Some places have electronic recycle places that will take old laptop/Chromebook. Some locations have huge stredders that will make hard drives into confetti shapes. For me, I remove the hard drive and then physically destroy/shred it. The rest of the laptop/chromebook can be recycled or tossed into the trash depending on your location and recycle options available.

(((RR))) drat those migraines. I loved reading your memories and thoughts.

DH volunteered to take DS15 to his lesson. It is about a 40-mile drive on rural country roads so drive/lesson takes about 1.5 hours to accomplish. Only 15 more trips until the end of school year and being able to check off this Fine Arts requirement for high school graduation.

DD12 math teacher just emailed me to let me know that DD12 grade has plummeted. Instead of high 90 grade, DD12 currently has a 67 in Math. She isn't turning in her homework. WHAT IS GOING ON? It is a safe bet this will be discussed when DD12 gets home from school. I don't want to overreact but also will not ignore this drastic change. Where oh Where is that child raising instruction book?

I'm cooking loaded mashed potatoes for the family. Also will be cooking DH favorite manwich type dish to have available and ready to eat.
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:33 pm

hello d lady how nice of your dh to take your son to his lesson!!! is it music/art? I love to learn how you do your work! it's so so interesting to me!
I wonder why - if I remember this time - dd older went through this too. bored, other kids teasing her that she was smart or trying to warm up to the teacher, or emotional struggles - but most of the time it was boredom or living up/down to a group because they were struggling. DD younger was usually because of her ADHD, loosing things on a page (eyesight with concussions), and not seeing it's purpose. I pray it works out soon. It's hard -

I also said that children should come with a "How to" tag on them. (like identification tags for plants). :D

Good luck in figuring it out. You are an amazing mom and teacher.

I am also making mashed potatoes for family today.

---------------
d rose I feel for you soooo much - dd younger (also in Florida) is working through migraine season as well! praying for relief for you! I know that pain (and for me colors) that are unbearable. I always wished that I could take a drill and relief the pressure. If you do get a terrifying one - call your dr. They gave me a drip and put me on oxygen (also gave me an anti nausea meds). The oxygen helped me a lot even though I cried when being moved. I ended up with an MRI.

I would tell your dr. on this one. Praying you don't have to go through that again!

what a great idea of having the shoes outside the bedroom - great way to know who was there! brilliant.

I agree - I would trade the days with my kiddos for anything
---------------------------------
d twins (((())))
I am glad you had a very good visit.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:08 pm

worked in garage for a bit - played with dogs
washed a couple shelves in the small pantry
I have food safe containers that now carry the baking items (cornstarch, extra flour etc). I moved the things I don't use on a regular basis in the containers today.
There is no reason for it to sit there.
checked canned items for dates.

dh came home and left again - he is getting my oil changed. (he had a permanent cap put in by the dentist.

put timer on for another hour. I am trying to play with the dogs on the hour.

time to put the cans back
(write down what I have)

waving to all of you!

OH NO I HIT A ADHD MOMENT - I DEFINITELY NEED TO FOCUS - TELLING MYSELF SAYING "MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!!"
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”