Finally February!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Finally February!!

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:48 pm

Cathy - Thank you for the start today.

I'm in hour #7 of my day and it is going fairly smoothly. 50 cards are completed with 46 planned for the next 7 hours. There are 4 monthly financial cards that hit today because it is the 1st of the month. Also another random card to put money on DD12 lunch account that has been done.

NO was my firm answer to the request from one of DS15 friends. He asked if I would also homeschool him along with DS15. I thought my NO response was a complete answer and was a kinder way of saying "Have you lost your mind!?!?! NOTHING could make me agree to do that!"

Kitchen activities today....
** 14 eggs hard boiled
** half of those eggs were used in making a quart of tuna salad.
** Cheesy macaroni hamburger casserole
** another pot of veg/meat soup

Yesterday I made 2 quarts of salsa using garden vegetables from the freezer. It was so incredible tasty that I struggled to stop eating it along with the corn tortilla chips. I realized that it was a food that I needed boundaries, so I put those in place. I still get to eat and enjoy it but I also know where to stop.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:01 pm

I went and dropped off donations at 2 different spots. I got home and dh wanted to go get some soda, so we went and did that. I also sorted through ALL of my cross stitch patterns and tossed close to a 2 inch pile of pattern booklets and single pages. I also donated the "oatmeal" aida because I prefer white as a background, unless it calls for something specific.

We are having a chicken and rice casserole for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:12 pm

lol d lady! -
have you lost your mind:!?!?
oh my goodness!!! I actually laughed out loud! He must think a lot about you but no was a very good answer!!!

the salsa sounds great!

hi d Nancy yay on planning and other work
hi d twins enjoy your workout!
praying for fast healing for your neighbor and praying for your neighbor whose father passed.

hi d mystery hope your work meetings go well!

hello d everyone.

so far: played with wet muddy dogs
picked up chewed and broken dog toys in the yard
now cleaning my garden sheers
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:30 pm

I did get dressed yesterday but never picked up the zone list let alone actually do something! Still the day didn't feel like a total loss. I took a short nap, a load of laundry, had a good walk, did the shopping for the shut-in, and spent time in the evening doing my weekly kitchen chores. And got to bed at 10.

Still haven't anything to show for myself today but I don't feel like it is wasted. Got up at 6:30, had tea and chocolate and light therapy and worked on email. Important ones. Had to take the shopping to the shut-in for 8 a.m. and was showered and dressed in time for that.

Did more email when I got home (as I said, an important issue has come up) and then styled my hair, got booked to do the Easter church service where I did Christmas, and immediately got a call from our next-door neighbour asking if I was home and could I come, she didn't feel well. She unlocked her door so I could get in and then went to bed.

She was having a spell of vertigo but has never had one. I checked her heart rate and blood oxygen and both were fine. I stayed with her for about and hour and spoke with both her daughters. One was coming over when she could eventually I locked my friend into her place (she doesn't like leaving the door unlocked) and came home and had my breakfast. I just got back from taking the keys back. She's up and much stronger sounding, and has a doctor's appointment this afternoon (her daughter is coming to take her.)

Aside from a dry mouth, she's almost back to normal but I'm glad she's being checked out. She's a force of nature and it was disconcerting seeing her so vulnerable. She's never been ill like this before and was scared so I was relieved I was home and could spend the time with her.

Over lunch I got a call out of the blue from a city run senior's support group, offering a 6 week exercise program here for us. Woot! So that is being arranged.

Now there's 90 minutes until pub night. I should try and do something.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:10 pm

After Lunch CI
Walk done on track for the 1st half of my day.
I noticed two branches apx. 2 stories up on the tree out front. I tried to call the tree co. I've used before
with out success. So on my walk called dgson that headed up the roofing crew last summer & he was already going to get
a small twig off the roof and said no problem he could do the two others when he is here in a couple weeks. :mrgreen:
Glad I am aware of them and will not be parking under them in the meantime.
Success.

I need to boil up some eggs for chicken salad X.
Started them.
Watched a movie Queen Bee on Netflix.
Had my dinner.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:54 pm

Been busy all day… up with a headache, wrangled with it did laundry and am now goin through all my Mardi Gras decorations for the community celebration on Saturday. Been at it for over 3?hours unpacking then repacking and labeling things as I go.

Came home from my drs appointment yesterday with 3 MRI’s and one Aneurism test scheduled in 2 weeks, plus blood work.

Waving to y’all. Got to get back to my mess if I want to make dinner tonight. I have all my decorations spread out everywhere including my kitchen island
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:08 pm

I'm home from my excellent workout. I feel strong! I love how they mix it up so it's never the same. I do some of the same exercises but not every time I'm there.

My ADD brain is constantly pinging me today. Do this, do that, back to that. I can't let it in control! Must not listen!

I need to walk the dog. Otherwise, she will drive me crazy. That will get me enough steps for the day too.

and back from the walk, didn't post this.

Glad you saw your doc, RR, and that you're feeling better.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:21 pm

hi still working on cleaning, taking apart and cleaning again, sharpening tools
Felco 2's and other small pruner cleaned, oiled and sharpened
2 large clippers also cleaned, sharpened and oiled.
I am missing one shovel but everything is done.

playing madame secretary pilot to see if it will be the "next" thing to watch.

found out my neighbor lost his mom and that my other neighbor's test result came out with cancer and has already gone through radiation. My other neighbor is not doing well either. I will figure out what to do (for them) to let them know how much I really care without overwhelming them, ''
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:55 pm

I've been working on HOA books but am getting frustrated. So I'm changing gears, although trying to not to get distracted and wander.

I'm going to:
-empty the dishwasher
-straighten kitchen
-text neighbor across the street - heard this a.m. that she had fallen and had to have surgery - will actually text her dh
-to do list for tomorrow

My future me will appreciate these things.

A friend posted on Facebook earlier:

Today we are halfway between the winter solstice and the vernal equinox. Whether called Imbolc, Candlemas, or St. Brigid's Day, this day celebrates increasing daylight, warmth, and growth. May your path be illuminated with joy and renewal!

She linked this site: https://friendsoftheforestct.org/musing ... WrTfJ5al0Q
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:31 pm

Headed to dgd’s ballgame. She has been having an arthritis flare up but she saw her rheumatologist today and they changed her medicine. Maybe this will help — but they say it could cause eye problems. Always something.

I did n o t h i n g today except paid a couple bills.
VERY late night with dh coming in from College Town, so I just recuperated.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”